PDA

View Full Version : Full license test with a scooter?

Sidewinder
1st December 2009, 17:19
hey do you guys know if you can use a scooter to sit ya full if its a 125cc. i know you cant on a 50cc because that a moped not a bike, just wana make sure

mattian
1st December 2009, 17:32
probably.... why not? as long as you don't mind ringing its guts out in the high speed zones

KelvinAng
1st December 2009, 17:32
Yes you can, as long as it's registered as a motorcycle and is able to achieve 100km/hr.

Sidewinder
1st December 2009, 17:33
Yes you can, as long as it's registered as a motorcycle and is able to achieve 100km/hr.

sweet thats me, yea i think it can do 100

Laxi
1st December 2009, 17:37

:no: :no: :no:

mattian
1st December 2009, 17:39

you better be sure it can. My intructor made it quite clear that if I was 10 ks an hour either side of the speed limit that he would fail me.

Sidewinder
1st December 2009, 17:45
:no: :no: :no:

your bike got a rego and wof then?? donate!

Sidewinder
1st December 2009, 17:46
you better be sure it can. My intructor made it quite clear that if I was 10 ks an hour either side of the speed limit that he would fail me.

true what a toss. i find it hard to ride anything slow

KelvinAng
1st December 2009, 17:46
True on the 10km/hr allowance, but only below, not above! That means your scoot must do a true 90km/hr speed at the minimum. Might be worth using a GPS to check how far off the scoot speedo reads, most are about 10% optimistic and you don't want to fail for riding too slow during the test...

Many 125cc scoots would struggle to do 90km/hr quickly but will achieve that eventually. Which scoot are you planning to do it on?

Good luck on your test, mate.

Sidewinder
1st December 2009, 17:59
True on the 10km/hr allowance, but only below, not above! That means your scoot must do a true 90km/hr speed at the minimum. Might be worth using a GPS to check how far off the scoot speedo reads, most are about 10% optimistic and you don't want to fail for riding too slow during the test...

Many 125cc scoots would struggle to do 90km/hr quickly but will achieve that eventually. Which scoot are you planning to do it on?

Good luck on your test, mate.

mate has a suzuki 125 sumthing, pretty new and fuel injected

KelvinAng
1st December 2009, 18:23
mate has a suzuki 125 sumthing, pretty new and fuel injected

The Suzuki UZ125. No worries mate, that will get you all sorted for the test. Give the horn a toot... it must be working and will be tested during the pre-test inspection.