PDA

View Full Version : All Walks of Life: A movie statement

ceebie13
3rd December 2009, 11:44
Inspired by the "Who are these Bikies" thread I put together my own little piece to make the point that bikers come from all walks of life and should be supported by all (motorists) in our fight against the proposed levy hikes.

The YouTube description reads:

Bikers come from all walks of life. Contrary to popular belief, we're not all irresponsible hooligans who use the road as a racetrack or gang patched thugs seeking to terrorise the community. Most of us are law abiding citizens who also drive cars.

It is shown that, in New Zealand the greater majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by other road users and yet the New Zealand Government is proposing to implement a ridiculously high accident compensation levy as part of the registration fee for all - but in particular - larger capacity motorcycles.

The proposed levy increases are the result of inaccurate and falsified road casualty statistics which bear no thought for blame or the fact that those with multi-vehicle driving licences can only use one vehicle at any one time.

This short movie sets out to seek the support of the general kiwi public and to dismiss the stereotyped image of bikers as seen by other road users as unwarranted and misguided.

Enjoy! You can see it embedded into Tank's post below (cos I couldn't fathom out how to do it!)

Or here on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CmhVrRfbo

gwigs
3rd December 2009, 12:00
Hey thats really good..puts the message across loud and clear:clap:

Tank
3rd December 2009, 12:02
I have embedded it in the post for you.

Nice job!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_CmhVrRfbo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_CmhVrRfbo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ceebie13
3rd December 2009, 12:07
You're da man, Tank .... cheers!

k2w3
3rd December 2009, 12:21
That's one nice-looking housewife. 10-points. Nice job on the video. If I was to offer a minor critique, I'd say that only a small portion of the people shown are kiwi's, though, which isn't necessarily bad, but you do make the point about supporting kiwi bikers.

ceebie13
3rd December 2009, 12:26
That's one nice-looking housewife. 10-points. Nice job on the video. If I was to offer a minor critique, I'd say that only a small portion of the people shown are kiwi's, though, which isn't necessarily bad, but you do make the point about supporting kiwi bikers.

For sure, you're right ... I just trawled the net for images of different job types
and then Googled celebrity bikers before adding the obvious Kiwis. Someone will no doubt tell me sooner or later who I've missed out, but I had to draw the line somewhere. :-) Cheers though.

StoneY
3rd December 2009, 12:28
Well done

:)

Maha
3rd December 2009, 12:45
Thats weird, when I first click on the link, it was random average band doing a random average song at a party...:confused:
Now I see the real reason for the thread.....

vifferman
3rd December 2009, 13:07
Nice work! :niceone:
Just be aware that with those celebs you may run the risk of getting into strife for unauthorised use of their images.

yungatart
3rd December 2009, 13:51
Nice work!
Less of the overseas riders and more kiwis would be better though...
IMO, they don't need to be faces that people know.
We have teachers, pilots, ambos, nurses etc of our own in here. I'm sure they wouldn't mind their mugshot on a video like that.

Maha
3rd December 2009, 14:00
Nice work! :niceone:
Just be aware that with those celebs you may run the risk of getting into strife for unauthorised use of their images.

Shit yeah, cos if that Hugh Laurie logs on to KB there will be hell to pay...or Pink for that matter..:shifty:

k2w3
3rd December 2009, 14:35
According to Pink, this used to be a fun house, but now it's full of evil clowns.
That's deep, is that.

MSTRS
3rd December 2009, 15:11
Shit yeah, cos if that Hugh Laurie logs on to KB there will be hell to pay...

Just tell him it's the Vicodon. Perhaps he's been overdoing it...

Tank
3rd December 2009, 15:16
According to Pink, this used to be a fun house, but now it's full of evil clowns.
That's deep, is that.

Dont fuck with Pink - I luff her :love::love::love::love:

Shes on my 'free pass' list with the wife.

k2w3
3rd December 2009, 15:20
As long as she didn't utter her lyrics I'm sure you'd be happy, Tank, and I wish you best of luck with that noble aim.

davereid
3rd December 2009, 15:52
Someone will no doubt tell me sooner or later who I've missed out, but I had to draw the line somewhere. :-) Cheers though.

You missed me out. Wheres the shitty old cunt category ?

NONONO
3rd December 2009, 16:37
Very, very nice.
Mmmmmmm, Pink Mmmmmmm.

Motu
3rd December 2009, 16:40
All good - except for your blurb.Don't blame the very people you want on our side for our accidents,it's not their fault.It's still our fault....but don't tell them that either.

shafty
3rd December 2009, 17:01
I like your Work! :sunny::sunny::wari::wari:

ceebie13
3rd December 2009, 19:20
All good - except for your blurb.Don't blame the very people you want on our side for our accidents,it's not their fault.It's still our fault....but don't tell them that either.

hmmm... good point. ;-)