PDA

View Full Version : Steering Committee needed

dpex
3rd December 2009, 20:09
Since things are moving on at a pace it seems to me we need a small but capable group who can orchestrate the Who, What, Where, When, How of future protests and concordant activities.

This may be already in place, but if it is, I remain in sublime ignorance of it.

Obviously Les and Annie would be the leaders of the Great Council of Chiefs, but they need some solid foot-soldiers.

So I hereby volunteer.

Maybe, Les/Annie, you could set up a page were volunteers for the Great Council of Chiefs can register, stating their strengths, their time ability and resources.

In this way we get a cohesive biker faction going which then can interface with what now seems to be many other similarly pissed off groups.

Who thinks that's a good idea?

Anyone know how to contact the great, great, great, great, great grandson of Guy Fawkes? :--))

flyingcrocodile46
3rd December 2009, 20:51
Since things are moving on at a pace it seems to me we need a small but capable group who can orchestrate the Who, What, Where, When, How of future protests and concordant activities.

This may be already in place, but if it is, I remain in sublime ignorance of it.

Obviously Les and Annie would be the leaders of the Great Council of Chiefs, but they need some solid foot-soldiers.

So I hereby volunteer.

Maybe, Les/Annie, you could set up a page were volunteers for the Great Council of Chiefs can register, stating their strengths, their time ability and resources.

In this way we get a cohesive biker faction going which then can interface with what now seems to be many other similarly pissed off groups.

Who thinks that's a good idea?

Anyone know how to contact the great, great, great, great, great grandson of Guy Fawkes? :--))

No offense, but your promoting yourself by contacting the press to announce protest events that have no substance then assuming the role as biker spokesman [edit] with the TV interviewer [end edit] on Monday nights meeting (which was organised by others whom you should have deferred to) leaves me cold. I see you as a tactless self involved blowhard who is eager to ride on the shoulders of others whose opinions you have no interest in. I can't respect that or you.

One thing you can bank on... Wherever you or your kind lead, I shall not follow. I strongly suspect that I'm not alone and if that is the case, the merits of your involvement would be null. An active supporting role would be much more appropriate for you Mr dpex. There are already enough chefs in the kitchen thanks.

dpex
3rd December 2009, 20:55
No offense, but your promoting yourself by contacting the press to announce protest events that have no substance then assuming the role as biker spokesman on Monday nights meeting (which was organised by others whom you should have deferred to) leaves me cold. I see you as a tactless self involved blowhard who is eager to ride on the shoulders of others whose opinions you have no interest in. I can't respect that or you.

One thing you can bank on... Wherever you or your kind lead, I shall not follow. I strongly suspect that I'm not alone and if that is the case, the merits of your involvement would be null. An active supporting role would be much more appropriate for you Mr dpex. There are already enough chefs in the kitchen thanks.

Good heavens, a roaring mouse. You just need a hug, eh?

Virago
3rd December 2009, 21:01
I think the key to enlightenment is to do a lot less posting, and much more reading.

flyingcrocodile46
3rd December 2009, 21:03
I think the key to enlightenment is to do a lot less posting, and much more reading.

Heh! :laugh:

Mully
3rd December 2009, 21:06
Annie....

:laugh::killingme:nya:

Oakie
3rd December 2009, 21:07
Play the ball, not the man guys. What about his idea of a central organising committee? Does have some merit if coordinated effort is seen as desireable.

flyingcrocodile46
3rd December 2009, 21:11
Play the ball, not the man guys. What about his idea of a central organising committee? Does have some merit if coordinated effort is seen as desireable.

Seems to me that the movement hasn't suffered for lack of leadership so far. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

There are already enough capable people moving things along nicely. Why hamstring them with excess baggage that they have to work around

Ronin
3rd December 2009, 21:46

All due respect, we have one. By in large the majority seem to be happy with the direction and speed we are moving at.

What's more Ix et al take on board what is being said on here. Other than the all to familiar nay sayers I haven't noticed any real disagreement.

Soon as I can squeeze money out of the consolidated fund (could they make the transformer my son wants any more expensive?) I will be joining BRONZ. Through the coverage in the media BRONZ has a higher profile than any other group fighting ACC at the moment.

Another upside to this is that if we end up with some sort of training/discount/education deal then we want it run by bikers don't we? Who better than a group already experienced in this?

Squiggles
3rd December 2009, 21:48
attend bronz meetings perhaps?

Ronin
3rd December 2009, 21:54

I can't be assed looking but I'm guessing the AA was born out of concerned motorists fighting a cause.

Reckless
3rd December 2009, 22:00

When are they Squig?? I only joined Last week.

flyingcrocodile46
3rd December 2009, 22:14
Ok. Yes we should all join.

Is there a button somewhere that can make it so? Link anyone? TIA

Reckless
3rd December 2009, 22:15
Ok. Yes we should all join.

Is there a button somewhere that can make it so? Link anyone? TIA

http://www.bronz.org.nz/ Click on Join Bronze!

flyingcrocodile46
3rd December 2009, 22:17
http://www.bronz.org.nz/ Click on Join Bronze!

Cheers Reckless :niceone:

Squiggles
3rd December 2009, 22:20
There'll be signup forms etc at the Toyrun on Saturday (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=113426)

klingon
4th December 2009, 16:34
The BRONZ (Auckland) committee has been meeting every two weeks since this ACC thing first blew up (well actually we were meeting every week at first but it soon became unsustainable).

The fortnightly meetings are best attended by a relatively small group - at the moment it is mainly the committee but we welcome others aboard if you feel you can contribute something definite to the cause.

At various times this has included the BIKEOI sergeants-at-arms, the Uni representative (Squiggles) and the newsletter editor/comms co-ordinator (Hanne).

If anyone would like to attend a meeting, please send me a PM to identify yourself as a BRONZ member and I will let you know the time and date for the next meeting. (Les is the Prez but is a little too busy at the moment to handle RSVPs!) :)

dpex
4th December 2009, 16:54

I agree in part, except for one small issue.

If all just read, and nobody posted, then all who wished to just read, 'for enlightenment' would have nothing to read.....for enlightenment. :--))

bogan
4th December 2009, 16:56
I agree in part, except for one small issue.

If all just read, and nobody posted, then all who wished to just read, 'for enlightenment' would have nothing to read.....for enlightenment. :--))

perhaps you need to go back to reading school, he said a lot less posting, not no posting :Pokey:

boomer
4th December 2009, 17:25
girl guides is recruiting...

Mully
4th December 2009, 21:20
girl guides is recruiting...

They wouldn't let me join. I failed the medical.

Do ya get free cookies if you make it in??

raster
4th December 2009, 22:12
They wouldn't let me join. I failed the medical.

Do ya get free cookies if you make it in??

You can bring the free cookies if you want, we would much appreciate it. :shifty:

Bronz is hoping to meet with nationwide organisers in the new year to discuss where to go from there and what direction people want to go.

Mully
4th December 2009, 22:17
Actually, since this is a biker site, shouldn't we have a counter-steering Committee??

Katman
5th December 2009, 16:33
but they need some solid foot-soldiers.

So I hereby volunteer.

Do you mind if we look upon you as nothing more than cannon fodder?