PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike fault causes bush blaze

Bob
28th April 2005, 00:04
Makarora: The 50ha bush blaze that is currently being fought by emergency services has been blamed on a faulty Ducati, which allegedly burst into flames shortly after the rider got off the machine.

Four fire brigades, Department of Conservation workers and two local helicopters using monsoon buckets worked for about five hours to contain the fire, which spread over Makarora River Ranch land and threatened public conservation land yesterday afternoon.

Constable Regan Fahey, of Wanaka, said charges were unlikely "There's nothing suspicious and it wasn't a road accident". It's just one of those things. Unfortunately, it happened to catch on to dry land.”

LB
28th April 2005, 05:25
An S4 Monster.

See other thread (can't think of the title, think it's something like "roast duc on the menu"?) about this for more info.

Lou Girardin
28th April 2005, 08:41
An S4 Monster.

See other thread (can't think of the title, think it's something like "roast duc on the menu"?) about this for more info.

I guess enough time has past to make a comment about Ducati electrics.
Perhaps something along the lines of "more heat than light" (retreats to pasta proof bunker)

Maximus
28th April 2005, 08:46
I guess enough time has past to make a comment about Ducati electrics.
Perhaps something along the lines of "more heat than light" (retreats to pasta proof bunker)

:shifty: :killingme :shifty:

Maximus
28th April 2005, 08:56
Okay, okay IM SORRY, was just joking. But please if ya gonna give me negative rep could you please have the decency to tell me who ya are, im not a senior member and pretty much a newbie so I dont have a clue who you are - or is that the point? :spudwhat:

:ride: :ride: :ride:

Lou Girardin
28th April 2005, 10:53
Okay, okay IM SORRY, was just joking. But please if ya gonna give me negative rep could you please have the decency to tell me who ya are, im not a senior member and pretty much a newbie so I dont have a clue who you are - or is that the point? :spudwhat:

Don't worry about it. Wear it as a badge of honour.

Maximus
28th April 2005, 11:15
Don't worry about it. Wear it as a badge of honour.

:Punk: And one I will wear with honour, here have a beer . . . :apint:

Biff
28th April 2005, 12:00
What rubbish. As likely as a Nazi becoming pope.

Lou Girardin
28th April 2005, 15:46
To which rubbish do you refer?

WINJA
28th April 2005, 21:43
YEAH IT WAS THE NEW DUCATI 999.99 I GOT A PIC JUST AS IT BURST INTO FLAMES

Lou Girardin
29th April 2005, 08:28
YEAH IT WAS THE NEW DUCATI 999.99 I GOT A PIC JUST AS IT BURST INTO FLAMES
:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

Eurodave
29th April 2005, 08:45
Fellow students,eDUCATIon is the key to your future!

Lou Girardin
29th April 2005, 09:01
Fellow students,eDUCATIon is the key to your future!

Well, this thread had been very edifying.

Biff
29th April 2005, 09:35
To which rubbish do you refer?

To the old fable and folklore stories that Ducatis were/are prone to electrical problems. Such as the one where Ducatis provided for track testing by bike mag journos failed to start, miss fired, stopped unexpectedly. Or the ones about the guys that were out riding on their beloved throbbing Italian exotica when it rained, and for no apparent reason all of their bikes began suffering from electrical stories. There's even the one about the guy who, on a perfect biking day, opened his garage door, inserted the ignition key in his Duke, pressed the start button - and it started, first time. Without any glitch whatsover.

As if.

I still love you Linda. Its the voices in my head that make me say such things.

Lou Girardin
29th April 2005, 12:49
To the old fable and folklore stories that Ducatis were/are prone to electrical problems. Such as the one where Ducatis provided for track testing by bike mag journos failed to start, miss fired, stopped unexpectedly. Or the ones about the guys that were out riding on their beloved throbbing Italian exotica when it rained, and for no apparent reason all of their bikes began suffering from electrical stories. There's even the one about the guy who, on a perfect biking day, opened his garage door, inserted the ignition key in his Duke, pressed the start button - and it started, first time. Without any glitch whatsover.

As if.

OK I'm with you now. It's obvious Ducati have fixed the wet weather issues.
They've fitted self-drying electrics.

LB
30th April 2005, 06:50
That's okay, I get shit all the time from my mates. I can take it!

Most long running (and funny!!) shit is:

Q: Why does a girl need two Ducatis?

A: So she's got one to ride while the other one's in the shop being fixed
© Bugsplat

idb
30th April 2005, 15:13

You'll be able to find out in 16 more posts, I learnt that last night - ah ah aaahhh!

But I think I know - it's your choice of smilies.
In KiwiBiker :shifty: :killingme :shifty: is a coded challenge to the next reader to "bad rep me if you dare you f***er, an yo mama dresses you funny"!
Still, you weren't to know.

Maximus
2nd May 2005, 13:52
You'll be able to find out in 16 more posts, I learnt that last night - ah ah aaahhh!

But I think I know - it's your choice of smilies.
In KiwiBiker :shifty: :killingme :shifty: is a coded challenge to the next reader to "bad rep me if you dare you f***er, an yo mama dresses you funny"!
Still, you weren't to know.

:laugh: thanks for that, needed a laugh!!

Maybe someone could write a "KB smiley code" book . . . . :msn-wink: