PDA

View Full Version : 90 Mile beach

Lance
28th April 2005, 12:37
Can anyong give me iadvice for rider and bike about riding along this beach.

sels1
28th April 2005, 13:15
Can anyong give me iadvice for rider and bike about riding along this beach.

Havent had the opportunity to do on a bike yet, but when I drove it in the ol Toyota I just followed the tourist bus! The best bit was driving down thru the river at Te Paki. The beach itself was almost like driving on seal - 100kph. The tourist buses know when the tides are right and the bits to avoid so following their tracks makes it easy.

StoneChucker
28th April 2005, 14:30
When I went up a few years back, all green to NZ and in my hair dressers car, they advidsed me not to drive on the beach as you had to know the tides. It was winter and seriously bad weather too so that may have had something to do with it.

I did see Billy Connelly riding/driving his trike on the beach, looked like fun :niceone: What seems even more fun, is drifting a cage around there. I suspect thats frowned upon, being a "road" and all :whocares:

Motu
28th April 2005, 15:25
What seems even more fun, is drifting a cage around there.
Bestest fun is sliding a bike on the beach - you can do HUGE slides,lean over so far you feel you might fall of the seat,full lock,but not enough and you tighten the turn,sooooo out of shape you know you should crash but don't.Being silly on a beach with a bike is the best fun you can have with your riding gear on.

Jackrat
28th April 2005, 17:22
Go hard, but keep a sharp eye out for small streams running across the beach.
They break axles on cars an 4X4s,so ain't fun on a bike if you don't see em' coming.
Other than that,GO HARD,it can't be beat!!! :devil2:

Hitcher
28th April 2005, 17:36
Don't take your bike surfing.

sAsLEX
28th April 2005, 17:59
Don't take your bike surfing.

yeah my poor xr got half drowned once!!! misjudged a incoming wave and tried to out run it but couldnt

XP@
29th April 2005, 10:20
Don't do it alone, with road tires and a tight deadline.

Lance
29th April 2005, 19:52
Thanks guys and gals, You can be assured If want dredge my cage around or do tight slides or go hard and will not go alone especially if a big wave is coming my way or the tide is somewere it shouldnt be and there are no rivers decending down the beach. With all this info I must be a winnher so will say thanks to all and rev the V-Strome and go hard. Will talk to yo all in about about 10 days Cheers lance

magnum
30th April 2005, 13:16
hi and welcome :ride: