PDA

View Full Version : Tyres & fitting of. CHCH?

McMotoMannie
7th December 2009, 15:31
Thought it take a wee run over to Diamond Harbour, seeing as it was such a nice day.....no rush, enjoying the bike, views, etc. Get to DH, takes me lid off, puts it on the deck and lo and behold......there's a feckin screw sticking out of the back tyre...and yes I can hear a faint Hisssssssss! Bugger! :crybaby:

Managed to ride very carefully back home, stopping for to put some wind back in now and again.

Anyway, can anyone brighten my day by suggesting a good place to get tyre replaced (it was pretty shagged anyway) and fitted in CHCH?

imdying
7th December 2009, 15:32
Don at Pitlane is the man :yes:

jim.cox
7th December 2009, 15:33
Anyway, can anyone brighten my day by suggesting a good place to get tyre replaced (it was pretty shagged anyway) and fitted in CHCH?

Pitlane, Manchester St

God service, good prices, goode peopl, no bullshit

Subike
7th December 2009, 15:34
Budjet Motor Cycle Parts Wilsons RD for one.
nice guys, reasonable selection and price, fit while you wait or just supply, your choice.

sleemanj
7th December 2009, 15:36
Tubeless? Do it yerself you lazy bugger.

Tubed? Ok, Pitlane/Cycletreds Manchester street.

imdying
7th December 2009, 15:45
God serviceHahahah you'll swell his head :laugh:

Don can be a little curt at times, but only when he's busy, and there's a reason why he's almost always busy...

Check out some of his toys whilst you're there :yes:

AllanB
7th December 2009, 16:22
Pit Lane or Budget. I personally use Pit Lane as they are good bastards and are refreshing honest about motorcycle tyres. Plus there are lots of bike shops close by to have a look through while yours is getting sorted ;)

If getting quotes make sure you get the price fitted - Don generally quotes on the bike, I've noticed Budget tend to quote tyre then fitting on top.

HenryDorsetCase
7th December 2009, 16:31
another vote for Pit Lane from me.

HenryDorsetCase
7th December 2009, 16:32
Tubeless? Do it yerself you lazy bugger.

Tubed? Ok, Pitlane/Cycletreds Manchester street.

other way round, surely?

Molly
7th December 2009, 18:03
From memory it's about $15 per wheel cheaper if you take them off yourself.

Either of the two suggested are good. I've used both in the past but like Budget because the owners are more personable. Pitlane isn't somewhere you feel that comfortable hanging around. Still, there are other bike shops nearby to keep you amused.

sondela
7th December 2009, 18:22
All the Pitlane and Budget staff are lovely people, I'm happy to go to either.. :D
(I've hung around both places and no one seemed to mind)

sleemanj
7th December 2009, 18:52
other way round, surely?

Tubeless tyres easier to change than tubed I think, although, long time since I wrestled with a tube.

A bit of 4by2 and a nearby solid object to apply leverage on something to break the bead, a bit of brute strength with some leverish doodads (stick something on rim to not scratch it up), fill it up till it pings, and job done for a tubeless.

Tubed ones, you gotta be a lot more careful so you don't damage the tube and wind up back at square one again when you go to put the air in.

lostinflyz
7th December 2009, 20:42
take it to Don at pitlane, and meet the nicest bike shop owner in the world. and they dont make mistakes, which is something i cant say for alotta other shops

McMotoMannie
8th December 2009, 11:00
Thanks Guys. Just off to Pitlane now....Tried to get wheel off but eyen with a long lever I cant budge the bolts....must've been put on with airtools...never mind.

Molly
8th December 2009, 16:48
Let us know how you went on.

helenoftroy
9th December 2009, 03:49
Don & the guys at Pitlane are great....Don even does our bucket tyre changes for free!!:niceone:

neels
9th December 2009, 09:58
Cycletreads did a nice job on new tyres when I took my brothers bike in there, mine will be in there on friday for new rubber before I head off into the rain. Is the cafe a few doors down still there that does good breakfasts?

oldrider
9th December 2009, 13:48
Don & the guys at Pitlane are great....Don even does our bucket tyre changes for free!!:niceone:

Careful McMotoMannie!

When you go there you will be paying for HOT's bucket tyre changes too!

In real life, free simply means, "some one else" is paying! :yes: Could it be you? :rolleyes:

imdying
9th December 2009, 14:20
Or just maybe he's actually a good cunt who supports racing? :rolleyes: