PDA

View Full Version : Fuckwits on the 'Takas

Hans
8th December 2009, 18:12
Going over the 'Takas and back today I nearly had the dubious pleasure of scraping squid and squid kid off my truck's grille. You fuckwits. First one was climbing the hill heading south at about 1530, riding a red sportsbike, possibly a vfr. He was apexing a right hand corner on the yellow line. My right front corner was also on the centerline as I was heading north. Squid, while you have the luxury of choosing your line - I don't. The rig is 18m long and I am not going to take a 200m drop to save your ass. The second one passed me on his Hurley- Vomitson at about 120k, missed oncoming traffic by about a second. All with a young kid on the back. You stupid, stupid coont.

MIXONE
8th December 2009, 18:32
There's something about that stretch of road that seems to bring out the fuckwit in lots of guys.

megageoff76
8th December 2009, 18:37
Riding like that with kids on the back is inexcusable, no matter how good you think you are.

That shit makes me sick to my stomach.

Fatjim
8th December 2009, 18:44
perspective

retro asian
8th December 2009, 19:26
I was really looking forward to trying out the 'Takas...after hearing all the hype on KB... so we went up them on the way back from Bikeoi.

I didn't really think it was a suitable road for a hoon.
Some corners were ok, others would need to be treated with utmost respect...

Hitcher
8th December 2009, 20:02
The Takas take no prisoners.

marty
8th December 2009, 20:07
The Taka's even do it in reverse...

allycatz
8th December 2009, 20:17
Riding like that with kids on the back is inexcusable, no matter how good you think you are.

That shit makes me sick to my stomach.

Riding like that with ANY pillion on the back is inexcusable

sunhuntin
8th December 2009, 20:21
There's something about that stretch of road that seems to bring out the fuckwit in lots of guys.

and thats exactly what keeps me off that road. i think it would be suicide to even attempt it.

Trudes
8th December 2009, 20:26
Everytime you cross the yellow line a kitten dies.

Sidewinder
8th December 2009, 20:33
herd there was another fuckwit called hanz on the takas aswell!

Hans
8th December 2009, 20:35
Everytime you cross the yellow line a kitten dies.

Fuck the kittens. I've already had to pick little bits of brain /from a cyclist/ from my vehicle once in my life /was very close to the accident/. Don't want to do it again. It's greasy and decomposes rapidly.

Trudes
8th December 2009, 20:38
Fuck the kittens. I've already had to pick little bits of brain /from a cyclist/ from my vehicle once in my life /was very close to the accident/. Don't want to do it again. It's greasy and decomposes rapidly.

Ok, everytime you cross the yellow line Hans has to wash his truck.

Just doesn't quite have the same guilt factor.

Sidewinder
8th December 2009, 20:41
Ok, everytime you cross the yellow line Hans has to wash his truck.

Just doesn't quite have the same guilt factor.

but you are right. hes saying there fuckwits while hes saying hes on the rong side of the road:wari::wari::wari::wari:

Hans
8th December 2009, 20:44
but you are right. hes saying there fuckwits while hes saying hes on the rong side of the road:wari::wari::wari::wari:

Read the op again. Where-pray tell-did I say that?

Hitcher
8th December 2009, 20:49
and thats exactly what keeps me off that road. i think it would be suicide to even attempt it.

Massive exaggeration. But stay away if that's how you feel.

Sidewinder
8th December 2009, 21:09
Read the op again. Where-pray tell-did I say that?

owell sounds good at the time

gammaguy
8th December 2009, 21:18
Going over the 'Takas and back today I nearly had the dubious pleasure of scraping squid and squid kid off my truck's grille. You fuckwits. First one was climbing the hill heading south at about 1530, riding a red sportsbike, possibly a vfr. He was apexing a right hand corner on the yellow line. My right front corner was also on the centerline as I was heading north. Squid, while you have the luxury of choosing your line - I don't. The rig is 18m long and I am not going to take a 200m drop to save your ass. The second one passed me on his Hurley- Vomitson at about 120k, missed oncoming traffic by about a second. All with a young kid on the back. You stupid, stupid coont.

strangely enough,people in places of power such as --erm-----ACC also see dickheads like this on our roads.

I wonder why they think we are stupid idiots who need to be legislated off the road?:bye:

jimmy 2006
9th December 2009, 08:04
if people want to ride fast, let them ride fast.

darwin theory.

Headbanger
9th December 2009, 08:43

Its as easy as it gets, just way to short to get excited about.Its also a bit wide.

If you don't hit the corners hot then its as simple as a straight road, Just go at a pace your comfortable with.

Twisties are something to be hunted out and enjoyed, Not avoided.

Fatjim
11th December 2009, 20:08
No place beats the Tuka's if you want to get close to God, but not too close.

I've certainly seen the light up there a few times.

sinned
11th December 2009, 20:29
No place beats the Tuka's if you want to get close to God, but not too close.

I've certainly seen the light up there a few times.
Tis a beautiful area of god's own. From East to the summit with no traffic in front is ecstasy. A bit tough on tyres though.

James Deuce
11th December 2009, 21:41
See, I don't understand the line that it's a good road. It's rubbish compared to how it was 20 years ago, and speaking of touching the face of God, I've never gotten close to the bridge to bridge time I did on an '87 RG250FG. 21 years ago. It's been crap for 15 years since lifestylers started commuting by road and all those businesses opened up in the Wairarapa catering to day trippers. It now has "moments" from time to time, but the potential license spanking riding it properly risks makes it a transit road to other places of fun.

Maha
11th December 2009, 21:49
See, I don't understand the line that it's a good road. It's rubbish compared to how it was 20 years ago, and speaking of touching the face of God, I've never gotten close to the bridge to bridge time I did on an '87 RG250FG. 21 years ago. It's been crap for 15 years since lifestylers started commuting by road and all those businesses opened up in the Wairarapa catering to day trippers. It now has "moments" from time to time, but the potential license spanking riding it properly risks makes it a transit road to other places of fun.

It was you eh Jim that put up a Video several years ago riding over the Takas? If you show us again, that would be great, it was one of the better private video's I have seen on here.

James Deuce
11th December 2009, 21:52
*Blush* Oh alright then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHVSixUvGy0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHVSixUvGy0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oldrider
11th December 2009, 21:56
strangely enough,people in places of power such as --erm-----ACC also see dickheads like this on our roads.

I wonder why they think we are stupid idiots who need to be legislated off the road?:bye:

Because the AA executive keep telling them (and anybody else that will listen) exactly that! :argh:

shafty
11th December 2009, 22:09
As Mr Hitcher says, to be treated with respect. Whilst traversing in the company cage one day, I rounded a corner to find a young Bloke on the other side of the fence with his MVX250 (Corr remember them lol) - with him. The fence was undamaged. He said he was picked up by a huge wind and deposited right there. The expression on his face backed his story.

koba
11th December 2009, 22:14
riding a red sportsbike, possibly a vfr.

Red VFR... Must have been a REAL fuckwit!

Laxi
11th December 2009, 22:16
It was you eh Jim that put up a Video several years ago riding over the Takas? If you show us again, that would be great, it was one of the better private video's I have seen on here.

that vid gave me many a giggle as i recalled his sledging of the way the wncr guys ride the hill:lol:

James Deuce
11th December 2009, 22:21
that vid gave me many a giggle as i recalled his sledging of the way the wncr guys ride the hill:lol:

Did I crash? Did I not use my indicators? Did I not use overtaking lanes and stay on my side of the road, except for the obvious exception where bimbos either pushed me onto the other side of the road despite seeing me or missed a gear on the exit of a corner after drifting onto the wrong side of the road? Hmmm? I did nothing illegal or dangerous.

The Wednesday Night ride got to the point where Stew was parking the TSS recovery vehicle at Kaitoke Gardens, plus I got hit a couple of times simply riding down the motorway by n00bs barely in control of their super powerful CBR250s and Hyosungs of Doom.

I still stay away from that ride because of the vast range of skills on display and the lack of understanding shown by both ends of the spectrum.

Laxi
11th December 2009, 22:24
I still stay away from that ride because of the vast range of skills on display and the lack of understanding shown by both ends of the spectrum.

ive seen 1 accident on the wncr last year and that was down to someone on a gn with factory tyres trying to follow a zx6r

James Deuce
11th December 2009, 22:26
It wasn't the tyres.

koba
11th December 2009, 22:28

Yeah, you will understand soon enough.

Laxi
11th December 2009, 22:30
It wasn't the tyres.

agreed it was down to the rider, but how do you sugest newbies get group ride experience without slow paced group rides like the wncr?

gunrunner
11th December 2009, 22:32

Yeah i agree , they will respect the road after their head falls on it . Ya think ..

Brian d marge
12th December 2009, 02:38
Did I crash? Did I not use my indicators? Did I not use overtaking lanes and stay on my side of the road, except for the obvious exception where bimbos either pushed me onto the other side of the road despite seeing me or missed a gear on the exit of a corner after drifting onto the wrong side of the road? Hmmm? I did nothing illegal or dangerous.
Shocking , absolutely disgraceful

Never in my entire life have I seen so many cars just littered all over the place

Some one should complain

and the noise !

I couldn't hear the engine ....

I so incensed I am going dash of a strongly worded letter to my MP

Stephen

Maha
12th December 2009, 07:30

Yeah apart from that one moment where the car stayed in the right had lane of the passing lane, I still stand by what I said about the vid originally :cool:

Some would have taken the left lane to pass on the inside, and that could have a very bad outcome. That fact that you chose not to do that is proof that you are a thinking rider whos cares very much about his own life.

Hawkeye
12th December 2009, 08:43
The Wednesday Night ride got to the point where Stew was parking the TSS recovery vehicle at Kaitoke Gardens, plus I got hit a couple of times simply riding down the motorway by n00bs barely in control of their super powerful CBR250s and Hyosungs of Doom.

With respect Jim, when was the last time you were on the WNCR. I've been on most of them over the last 2 years and certainly haven't seen or been involved in any incidents. Saying that, I ride like a nana and tend to make sure that all of the faster guys go off ahead of me.

sinned
12th December 2009, 09:07
It must be at least a year since I have seen Jim on TCWNR, but then I have missed a few. The ride has changed - fewer 250s, a growing Triumph club, generally less cruisy and more pace. Like Hawkeye I also prefer to stay at the back.

StoneY
12th December 2009, 09:25
Ive been on maybe 6 of these rides this year, and not seen one mayhem or even a close call

Newbies are acting smarter and asking for guides/tec's and I had Laxi's green machine right up the Duc's tailpipes all the way home last time

Im a Nana too, I let the fast guys break away, and tend to hold my spot mid pack with no drama

The wet ride down to Wainui Beach over dripping lichen was the one I worried most....and we had a ball! (bloody wet tho)

Come on JD mate, come next week
:)

James Deuce
12th December 2009, 09:29
Seriously, I loathe group rides.

You never know, it might be me causing the bins I keep seeing.

StoneY
12th December 2009, 09:33
Seriously, I loathe group rides.

You never know, it might be me causing the bins I keep seeing.

HAHAHA spoken like a true journo

Fair enough mate, when I get the little green card back soon, maybe we can go on a ride over there together....see if ya wipe me out or not :lol:

duckonin
12th December 2009, 09:36

Was really good 40 years ago better than 20..

James Deuce
12th December 2009, 09:37
I know. The 40 something lads back then used to say that to me and I looked at them like they were mental. Funny how a few miles on the clock changes your perception.

Maha
12th December 2009, 09:38
Was really good 40 years ago better than 20..

40 years ago? would have been gravel then eh?....:rolleyes:

Has anyone bettered Nev Hiscocks time over the Takas (bridge to bridge)

Berries
12th December 2009, 09:43

I lived in Wellington for a year and went to Martinborough Saturday and Sunday most weekends on my old FZR600. It's a beautiful road. Suicidal is a bit much though, it is only a bunch of corners on a hill after all. If all roads were straight and flat I'd probably give up bikes.

Fatjim
12th December 2009, 12:03

Nobody enjoys it as much when its busy. But go up there on a summers evening around 7:30. You can sometimes get a run when nobody gets in your way.

James Deuce
12th December 2009, 12:36
40 years ago? would have been gravel then eh?....:rolleyes:

Has anyone bettered Nev Hiscocks time over the Takas (bridge to bridge)

Yes. But "no one" isn't admitting to it.

Kickaha
12th December 2009, 12:39
Yes. But "no one" isn't admitting to it.

wkid_one would have smoked it :lol:

James Deuce
12th December 2009, 13:08
BAhahaha! While following Mangell6, possibly.

sunhuntin
12th December 2009, 13:26
Its as easy as it gets, just way to short to get excited about.Its also a bit wide.

If you don't hit the corners hot then its as simple as a straight road, Just go at a pace your comfortable with.

Twisties are something to be hunted out and enjoyed, Not avoided.

my comfortable pace would be too slow for most which is where the suicide bit comes in.
i avoid the coastal road between whitby turnoff and haywards for the same reason. ive done that stretch once and nearly didnt come out in one piece due to being tail gated and no where to pull over. never done it again and never will. i go as far as whitby turn and thats it, and even that little bit is too much for my liking.
my bike and i prefer straighter roads with nice easy corners. usually, i would rather go the desert road than the para paras.

Laxi
12th December 2009, 13:37
my comfortable pace would be too slow for most which is where the suicide bit comes in.
i avoid the coastal road between whitby turnoff and haywards for the same reason. ive done that stretch once and nearly didnt come out in one piece due to being tail gated and no where to pull over. never done it again and never will. i go as far as whitby turn and thats it, and even that little bit is too much for my liking.
my bike and i prefer straighter roads with nice easy corners. usually, i would rather go the desert road than the para paras.

I'm the opposite! id go for a 70-80kph twistie over a streight road, my 250 dosn't like pulling 11k rpm trying to keep up with bigger bikes, but a road like the akas and your 250 is probably better than a 600+

Hawkeye
13th December 2009, 06:46
I'm the opposite! id go for a 70-80kph twistie over a streight road, my 250 dosn't like pulling 11k rpm trying to keep up with bigger bikes, but a road like the akas and your 250 is probably better than a 600+

Yeah! And your 250 can make it the whole way over the akas (unlike my 750:weep:).

Victoria
11th January 2010, 14:28
Doesn't bloody look like that when I ride it!...