PDA

View Full Version : Navigo V2 SatNav for motorcyclists

Bob
9th December 2009, 07:20
The Navigo V2 ticks a lot of boxes for a biker that wants a SatNav for occasional use. First, it was cheap (around NZD 115) and it takes earphones – vital if you’re looking to work with voice only.

My first ride using the Navigo V2 was an interesting experience. I was concerned that it would be intrusive, talking too much. But as it turns out, it kept quiet, just giving instructions when needed. I've got a set of in-ear "mushroom" headphones, which were comfortable and the volume level was fine.

Click here to read the rest of the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/navigov2.htm)

ezirider
9th December 2009, 12:49
So can you actually buy these in NZ and where from?
Are they waterproof and suitable to be mounted on a bike?
Cheers.

Bob
9th December 2009, 21:24
You'd have to check for local Navigo stockists (bear in mind it seems to come under a couple of other names as well - if you click on the link for the V3 in the review, it'll show you the names there).

As regards waterproof etc: The way I use it is to pop it in my jacket pocket, listening to the voice prompts only through earphones. But I understand it is suitable to be fitted to a bike (there is a mount kit available as far as I am aware).