PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review - Zombieland

Usarka
9th December 2009, 20:19
Don't watch the trailers. Don't read this thread to see what it's about.

It's got zombies. And is funny.

It is awesome.

Go.

Now.

Ooky
9th December 2009, 20:55
ever have to go see a romcom with the gf go see this one its a romcom with zombies!:first: ... well it kinda is one at least:clap:

James Deuce
9th December 2009, 20:55
Shaun of the Dead with US accents or its own thing?

wbks
9th December 2009, 20:57
Shaun of the Dead with US accents or its own thing?Quite a bit different. I don't think I like it as much as Shaun of the dead, but they're both worth a watch

Trudes
9th December 2009, 20:59
I'll wait for it to hit the video store, but thought I'd rent it cause it's got Woody in it, and I love Woody.

James Deuce
9th December 2009, 20:59
Sweet, another movie to put on the list :)

gatch
9th December 2009, 21:02
I concur with the review, go now !

The Stranger
9th December 2009, 21:04
It's up there with starship troopers - not as good, but good none the less.

PirateJafa
9th December 2009, 21:04
Yeah, I downloaded this a month ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Certainly not on the "classics" list like Shaun of the Dead, but is a thoroughly good movie in it's own right.

And it was worth it just to see Bill Murray take a bullet.

hayd3n
9th December 2009, 21:05
just watched it fuckin hilarious

lee
9th December 2009, 21:25
easily the best film I have seen this year. If you do nothing else this weekend, go out and watch this film. I'm going to be buying it when it comes out on DVD for sure.

Usarka
10th December 2009, 07:54
Shaun of the Dead with US accents or its own thing?

Quite a bit different. I don't think I like it as much as Shaun of the dead, but they're both worth a watch

I liked Zombieland better than Shaun of the Dead.

SOTD was a comedy with zombies in it. Zombieland is a funny-arsed zombie movie.

wbks
10th December 2009, 07:59
I liked Zombieland better than Shaun of the Dead.

SOTD was a comedy with zombies in it. Zombieland is a funny-arsed zombie movie.There aren't really many flat out funny moments in it, though, but in Shaun of the dead you can't help but laugh your ass off at some of the stuff that fat guy says! Both good though. Zombieland almost turns into a serious zombie appocalypse movie towards the end though, not really comedy. And yes it is cool seeing that "BM" prat take a chest full of pellets :D

Tank
10th December 2009, 08:25
you can't help but laugh your ass off at some of the stuff that fat guy says!

The brother aint fat - he big boned.

wbks
10th December 2009, 08:30
The brother aint fat - he big boned."ya be'a believe et!".

marioc
10th December 2009, 09:14
Don't watch the trailers. Don't read this thread to see what it's about.

It's got zombies. And is funny.

It is awesome.

Go.

Now.

+1 this awesome

FlangMasterJ
10th December 2009, 10:09
I concur.

From the opening credits you'll be hooked. Might have to watch it again tonight.

R6_kid
10th December 2009, 10:28
I loved it. I think Tarantino should do a Zombie flick!

gijoe1313
10th December 2009, 12:34
I love zombie flicks ... even play them online games with them in like urbandead.com, left4dead etc ... :lol:

sil3nt
10th December 2009, 17:47
The movie was fantastic until they hit the theme park.

So many mistakes in the movie as well. Normally i don't notice or care but this was pretty bad.

If they just left the chicks to die instead of saving them i think i would have left a lot happier.

I would recommend it though!

gatch
10th December 2009, 18:06
The movie was fantastic until they hit the theme park.

So many mistakes in the movie as well. Normally i don't notice or care but this was pretty bad.

If they just left the chicks to die instead of saving them i think i would have left a lot happier.

I would recommend it though!

The nerd and woody should have shot the little one and double teamed the older one. Was pretty funny the way they made it, though.

wbks
10th December 2009, 18:19
The nerd and woody should have shot the little one and double teamed the older one. Was pretty funny the way they made it, though.
hahahahaha... You're fucked. Years without human contact, not much time to spare in between fighting zombies, I would have thought there would be more procreatin goin on, though:Pokey:

FlangMasterJ
10th December 2009, 20:56
The young main actor is pretty much Michael Cera (Superbad) with curly hair and firearms.