PDA

View Full Version : Learner route?

The Everlasting
10th December 2009, 17:55
I see the weather has improved,and I have a day off tomorrow,does anyone know of a good ride around the greater auckland region?

Not too short but around a 100km's should be fine.

I'm tired of stop start city traffic.

Cheers.

brendonjw
10th December 2009, 19:58
Head out to Maraitai and around the coast (maybe kawakawa bay), nice scenery and some nice corners

The Everlasting
10th December 2009, 20:34
Ah sweet,checked that out on google maps,seems like a good ride...:niceone:

nothingflash
10th December 2009, 20:48
Have fun!!

The Everlasting
10th December 2009, 21:11
^Cheers! :)

Anyone keen to come for a ride with me?

Will probably leave late morning...11ish....

Thaeos
10th December 2009, 21:30
Try this. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Whitford,+Auckland&daddr=Maraetai,+Auckland,+New+Zealand+to:Clevedon, +Auckland+to:Whitford,+Auckland&hl=en&geocode=FUFCzP0dYLttCilzpwn9-LNybTHM15bTu3Ycew%3BFecvzf0dg-xuCin1qk65XrZybTHBD6DPDX-ooQ%3B%3B&mra=ls&sll=-36.938642,175.032463&sspn=0.195929,0.341606&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.918058,175.054092&spn=0.391964,0.683212&z=11)

The Everlasting
11th December 2009, 16:28
Yeah i didn't end up going out to Maraetai area,too much traffic around.

Went for a ride to Huia and back instead,it made me realise how useless a rider I am. Goin round the corners real slow...:laugh:

There was some of those black tar strips on the road,made my back end slide for a second,it was bloody frightening.

EJK
11th December 2009, 16:55
Yeah i didn't end up going out to Maraetai area,too much traffic around.

Went for a ride to Huia and back instead,it made me realise how useless a rider I am. Goin round the corners real slow...:laugh:

There was some of those black tar strips on the road,made my back end slide for a second,it was bloody frightening.

Good piece of road that is :yes: Lots of good memories for me there. It's always appreciating to hear new bike riders enjoying the same road that I enjoyed.
A ride to Huia is very cozy. Not long, not stressful, and not fast (80 kph limit).

Next time go deeper to Little Huia, another great place for a picnic/ scenery.

The Everlasting
11th December 2009, 19:04
Good piece of road that is :yes: Lots of good memories for me there. It's always appreciating to hear new bike riders enjoying the same road that I enjoyed.
A ride to Huia is very cozy. Not long, not stressful, and not fast (80 kph limit).

Next time go deeper to Little Huia, another great place for a picnic/ scenery.

Yeah it really was a great ride...:D

Isn't little Huia passed those gates? The gates are now always locked for security reasons(that's what the sign says),it's a shame,would have been fun racing up the steep incline.

EJK
11th December 2009, 23:51
Yeah it really was a great ride...:D

Isn't little Huia passed those gates? The gates are now always locked for security reasons(that's what the sign says),it's a shame,would have been fun racing up the steep incline.

Do you mean the gates after turning right after a little bridge? No, that's the way to the Huia Dam (Another good place to go but pity it's now locked).
Take the left turn after the bridge, then you are on your way to Little Huia (as far as I remember).

:sunny:

The Everlasting
12th December 2009, 15:37
Ah okay,I will be doing that ride again soon,need lots of practice.

p.dath
12th December 2009, 15:40
Where are you starting from? North, South, East or West?

Try checking the calendar and see what other rides are on as well.