PDA

View Full Version : Outlawtorn und sie RR S1000

Big Dave
11th December 2009, 21:49
Ach du liebet zeit!
Es macht vroooom vrooom:

We had a dribble on the new BMW at Experience BMW this evening.

Tres spiffy.

Movistar
11th December 2009, 22:52
So when's the review BD?

We're waiting...:corn:

Big Dave
11th December 2009, 23:10
So when's the review BD?

We're waiting...:corn:

Me too - This Pre-production unit was unveiled at Experience BMW tonight.

February for the goers.

It sure looks the shizzle.

SixPackBack
12th December 2009, 06:46
They give you any idea on RRP?

Swoop
12th December 2009, 06:54
Nice.
The front is what the VFR1200 should be looking like.
Must go and have a perv.

Edit: What's the go with the different types of headlights? Round and rectangular?

White trash
12th December 2009, 06:58
*Quietly reserves judgment and holds tongue until sees one in flesh*

gijoe1313
12th December 2009, 07:53
Mmm noice bikes, was doing the WOF on dad's cage this morning ... and picked up the Dec issue of KiwiRider at the servo waiting for it to be finished. Noice write up on the T-bird BD ... hell, this Dec issue was one of the best I've read this year! :niceone:

So guess there will be an extensive write up of this as well? :baby:

Big Dave
12th December 2009, 12:25
They give you any idea on RRP?

I didn't hear it mentioned - asked by email this morning. Will advise.

Big Dave
12th December 2009, 12:29
Better pics of the bike on't blog
http://kiwiridermagazine.blogspot.com/2009/12/bmw-s-1000-rr-unveiled-at-experience.html

slides
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiwirider/sets/72157622857078731/show/

They did note that this was a pre-production test bike and a bit rough compared to the finished units.

AllanB
12th December 2009, 12:48
Nice set of photos.

However it still gets a big fat hairy yawn from me ....:sleep:

Yet another uninspiring looking sport bike that will no doubt be over priced with the usual BMW premium. You could stick any of the Big 4 Japanese makers logos on it.

Having said that it's is brimming with fancy electronics that will probably shave a few tenths off your track laps if that is your desire.

I was having a look at a big bore KTM this morning - that held some physical appeal.

Definitely not on my Lotto winning list of garage bikes.:dodge:

Man, on a proof read of the above I really must be getting old ....... :lol:

outlawtorn
12th December 2009, 16:10
That is one sexy bike, up close you get an idea of the detail on the bike and it feels really comfortable too, I've never felt comfy on a sporty, but this one felt right. Defintly got my test ride booked in Feb!

Some lucky bugger in Aus got to put 4000 kms on it, apparently this model doesn't have a strong enough chain for road use? WTF? Anyhow, they did start it up, sounds nice, will sound even nicer with aftermarket cans and the proper production model will look freaking awesome!!

SixPackBack
12th December 2009, 16:26
I didn't hear it mentioned - asked by email this morning. Will advise.

Thanks BD, I'm genuinely interested. Does BMW Experience have the RR S1000 permanently on display? *edit* looks like NZ will not enjoy the low pricing some other markets enjoy, BMW Experience lists the bike from $27 325

outlawtorn
12th December 2009, 18:51
Thanks BD, I'm genuinely interested. Does BMW Experience have the RR S1000 permanently on display? *edit* looks like NZ will not enjoy the low pricing some other markets enjoy, BMW Experience lists the bike from $27 325

As far as I know SPB its going to do the rounds through NZ and then back to Aussie, best bet I reckon would be to phone Experience BMW first thing on Monday. Cheers

R6_kid
13th December 2009, 12:44

Yes, but the reviews so far are saying that the quality of finish and the 'completeness' of the stock bike (not the full spec bike) are more than enough to justify the extra cost. It's still cheaper than the Aprilia and Ducati and from what I've heard as an overall package it puts the Japanese to shame for a relatively affordable bike.

Hiflyer
13th December 2009, 12:54
Intimidating Islander voice "Bro you got a fookin eye problem ay?"

Me: Na but my bike does.

I don't like the front at all, rest of the bike looks nice, Good to see it doesn't have O.T.T paintwork and has nice solid colouring though

NZsarge
13th December 2009, 13:06
If the blonde lady comes with it i'll buy one... :niceone: :D :rolleyes: