PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale find!

KiwiGs
14th December 2009, 14:04
While not a classic bike, it is a book about classic bikes. Circa 1938 or '39 I think
There are some great ads, and some very sage advice indeed.
eg.
"Pit Stops-It is foolish to throw away half minutes at each pit stop, as do so many newcomers to racing, when a little care and forethought are all that is required. Avoid the temptation to exchange small talk with your pit attendant....."

Voltaire
14th December 2009, 18:51
...and here I was thinking you'd found a Vincent....:msn-wink:

RDjase
15th December 2009, 17:15
While not a classic bike, it is a book about classic bikes. Circa 1938 or '39 I think
There are some great ads, and some very sage advice indeed.
eg.
"Pit Stops-It is foolish to throw away half minutes at each pit stop, as do so many newcomers to racing, when a little care and forethought are all that is required. Avoid the temptation to exchange small talk with your pit attendant....."

I have a early 20's book on "Hints and Tips for Motocyclist's" It's got some classic lines as well:yes:

I think you may have spread the word at TRRS 3 hour race,

NO CHATTING TO YOU PIT ATTENDANT , it may be included in the supplementary regs lol

roadracingoldfart
17th December 2009, 20:47
I have a early 20's book on "Hints and Tips for Motocyclist's" It's got some classic lines as well:yes:

I think you may have spread the word at TRRS 3 hour race,

NO CHATTING TO YOU PIT ATTENDANT , it may be included in the supplementary regs lol

Hell , none of my team come into the pits to see me anyhow so they must have a rule put in that riders must ignore all pit attendants instructions at all times.

Clivoris
17th December 2009, 21:05
Hell , none of my team come into the pits to see me anyhow so they must have a rule put in that riders must ignore all pit attendants instructions at all times.

All you had to do was ask man.

RDjase
17th December 2009, 21:45
All you had to do was ask man.

Hey there Clive, hows the injurys? all fixed and ready for TRRS, or are you going to be 3 hour pit crew and make them talk to the oldfart lol

Classic qoute out of the old book aye mate, You cant imagine the Lord of the manor talking to the servent filling his tank anyway

Clivoris
17th December 2009, 21:55
Hey there Clive, hows the injurys? all fixed and ready for TRRS, or are you going to be 3 hour pit crew and make them talk to the oldfart lol

Classic qoute out of the old book aye mate, You cant imagine the Lord of the manor talking to the servent filling his tank anyway

I'm healing well ta Jase. I wont be racing again until an overdraft is paid off unfortunately. I don't even think I will be going to Wanganui to watch because of the cost. Watching my discretionary spending very closely.

I do think a gentlemans race would be quite good, with compulsory stops to order the servants around while nibbling cress sammies. RROldFart would be a natural.

Dodgyiti
20th December 2009, 12:03
"Speed and how to obtain it" has a whole different meaning out West:nono:

KiwiGS- you could cut and laminate the adds and sell them, like that dude does on TM.

RDjase
20th December 2009, 15:25
I'm healing well ta Jase. I wont be racing again until an overdraft is paid off unfortunately. I don't even think I will be going to Wanganui to watch because of the cost. Watching my discretionary spending very closely.

I do think a gentlemans race would be quite good, with compulsory stops to order the servants around while nibbling cress sammies. RROldFart would be a natural.

I could picture RRoldfart saying "Tally-ho James , get that benzine in there quick smart!!!" Wearing flying goggle's and his best leather racing helmet ;)

I wonder if you can tearoffs for 1930's flying goggle's:laugh:

I can save you a tent spot for TRRS if you want Clive, You have got to go and see Skip race :scooter: