PDA

View Full Version : My thighs grip as tightly as a 18yo Thai prossie.

Tank
14th December 2009, 20:04
Had a few problems scratching the tank of the stripple - a bitch after 2 weeks.

Not happy.

Short Circuit pointed me towards snake skin tank grippers - they protect the paint nicely as well as allowing you to grip the tank and hold it with ones nice smooth milky inner thighs.

I popped them on and initial thoughts are brilliant.

I love the look and I can feel the 'gripiness' - although I have only been for a quick blat around the block. Will post after the weekend when I have had a chance to give it a few miles.

Purchased them from Tech Spec Australia http://www.techspec-aus.com.au/ . Despite being a Aussie he was helpful, professional, and he communicated at every stage - delivered in 2 days.

spacemonkey
14th December 2009, 20:22
Nice looking product. :)

But pure awesomeness for the thread title!! :niceone::first::lol:

Blackbird
14th December 2009, 20:46
Looks just about a perfect colour match for the frame!

Do you peel a complete layer off the back to make them stick on?

Tank
14th December 2009, 20:49
Looks just about a perfect colour match for the frame!

Do you peel a complete layer off the back to make them stick on?

Yep - they are - that was one of the first thing I said to my mate. :niceone:

Yep - there is a sticker. You heat the tank to 25 deg c + with a hair dryer (or leave bike in the sun).

It sticks on but can be removed and reapplied.

bogan
14th December 2009, 20:54
looks good, was actually wondering bout getting something like this for my bros, do they do them in different colors?

gatch
14th December 2009, 21:00
That would be the biznuss !

short-circuit
15th December 2009, 15:36
They look shit hot Tank

Keen to hear how they "ride" - report back soon!

ckai
17th December 2009, 08:30
looks good, was actually wondering bout getting something like this for my bros, do they do them in different colors?

they used to have them in clear but stopped making them. Which is pretty shit ass if you want to still show off your purdy paint.

I had Stomp Grip on my bike which is meant to be an inferior product. I never had problems with it but then again I didn't have it for long. The good thing was it was clear.

If the tech specs came in clear I'd be all over them for the new bike.

Anyone ridden with the tech specs AND stomp grip? Would be keen to know the difference.

Blackbird
17th December 2009, 08:34
The good thing was it was clear.

I have clear 3M film on my tank and other cycle parts which can get chipped or scratched - virtually invisible. It doesn't have knee-gripping properties but I've never really felt the need. Must say that Tank's grips look pretty darned good though.

imdying
17th December 2009, 09:14
A lot better looking than stomp grip mate.

Tank
17th December 2009, 10:31
Have been for a few more km's with them on now - and I can confirm that they really do a good job of providing additional grip.

They are working better than I expected.

All in all - well recommended.

ckai
17th December 2009, 11:53
Must say that Tank's grips look pretty darned good though.

A lot better looking than stomp grip mate.

Have been for a few more km's with them on now - and I can confirm that they really do a good job of providing additional grip.

They are working better than I expected.

All in all - well recommended.

The more I look at them the more I'm actually digging them :) I'll never have a bike without some sort of grip pad on the tank now based on how the stomp grips worked. Protects the tank too.

Looks like I think I made up my mind. Will be interesting to see what they look like on the new blue 675. We'll know next year...then I'll let everyone know which is the best :) Things I do for research purposes haha

slofox
17th December 2009, 12:28
Hmmmm is that why the paint is cracking on my bike's tank...? And all this time I thought it was just a crappy paint job...

PrincessBandit
17th December 2009, 17:13
Nice looking product. :)

But pure awesomeness for the thread title!! :niceone::first::lol:

Yeah! It's usually women who boast about the strength of their inner thighs!

But on a serious note, sounds like it's a good product. Do they do matching tank/side protectors? or is that a bit poofy?

Tank
18th December 2009, 08:40
Do they do matching tank/side protectors? or is that a bit poofy?

Yep they do - I have one - just didnt apply it as I like the Triumph C/F one.