PDA

View Full Version : Response to ACC submission

riffer
15th December 2009, 17:44
Some interesting reading here.

I've yet to digest it. Hope this helps.

Kiwi Graham
15th December 2009, 17:48
Yep, had the same e-mail this evening. Usual spin from the skim read I've given it. will give it more time later.

riffer
15th December 2009, 17:50
Great. Just read this:

"The Government has opted for more moderate motorcycle levy increases than ACC recommended. Mopeds 50cc and under will pay $129.24; motorbikes up to 600cc will pay $327.70; and bikes over 600cc will pay $426.92. As part of the motorcycle levy, $30 will now be committed to injury prevention modelled on the successful programme in <st1>place in <st1:city w:st="on">Victoria</st1:city>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region></st1>. My message to motorcyclists is the escalating costs of motorcycle accidents cannot be ignored but ACC wants to work with you on improving safety."

Like hell they want to work with us. They've already decided to copy everything Victoria does, despite Victoria's initiatives obvious failures.

Cretins.

Squiggles
15th December 2009, 19:41
They've already decided to copy everything Victoria does

hmm... 3rd party compulsory with bikes often paying less ;)

riffer
15th December 2009, 20:06
hmm... 3rd party compulsory with bikes often paying less ;)

All right you got me there. My comment was more referring to the fact that on the one hand NiX Myth is saying that he wants our input, and on the other he's saying that they'll be basing their ideas on Victoria's.

I wouldn't have necessarily said the two ideologies (Victoria's and Motorcyclists) were sympathetic.