PDA

View Full Version : Paint Job

gman
30th April 2005, 21:01
woohoo while im waiting for parts for the bike (said regulator) got a mate and between us (well him mainly) the intruders gona shed some paint and get a new skin. :yes:
custom purple is the colour with some barly visible flames on the tank. :Punk:
also got some flamed up decals to go on the side covers before the clear coat goes on.should look real cool . :ride:
i was thinking bout posting some pics but on a dail up modem :killingme
i dont think so.
also opened up the pipes abit too.duno how it sounds cose right after i did that the bike packed a wank and got pushed up a drive way :mad:
mite send some pics to blakamin and see if he"ll post em for me.

anyone else done a paint job???

avgas
30th April 2005, 21:06
yep........but next time i buy a compressor - too much work for a crap paint job.
but i suppose im gonna scratch it anyway.
would post pictures up but computer down and all the files are on it

Jackrat
1st May 2005, 10:23
A nice paint job is well worth the effort.
Decals SUCK,their just cheap an tacky things best left to people with no taste.
A good paint job shows pride of ownership,imagination,skill by the painter.
Decals are just cheap stickers than any wally can slap on,they show no imagination,no skill,not much of anything really.
Hand in hand with fluffy dice an wide exhuast extensions :puke:

Sorry man, I hate the ferking things.
Of course somebody making money from them will disagree.
You might to,until you see the same ones on a Mazda 323. :killingme

Sutage
5th May 2005, 20:52
I saw a suzuki intruder when i was sitting my basic handling, the guy had painted it metallic purple/green, looked real good

ricksta
5th May 2005, 23:10
A nice paint job is well worth the effort.
Decals SUCK,their just cheap an tacky things best left to people with no taste.
A good paint job shows pride of ownership,imagination,skill by the painter.
Decals are just cheap stickers than any wally can slap on,they show no imagination,no skill,not much of anything really.
Hand in hand with fluffy dice an wide exhuast extensions :puke:

whats wrong with decals??? i dont have any on my bike but theyre great if you're the type of person who likes to change looks... they save u money and they dont look that bad.... a paintjob thats done by a proper artist cost heaps of money... and some of them dont look good at all and a waste of money i reckon.

Jackrat
8th May 2005, 21:39
whats wrong with decals??? i dont have any on my bike but theyre great if you're the type of person who likes to change looks... they save u money and they dont look that bad.... a paintjob thats done by a proper artist cost heaps of money... and some of them dont look good at all and a waste of money i reckon.

Yeah but look what you ride.
A decent paint job would be lucky to last six months anyway.
You'd be better off saving your money for replacement panels and sticking plaster.

justsomeguy
8th May 2005, 21:44
Yeah but look what you ride. :killingme

What was your first bike Jackrat??? While on a learners???

Let me guess it must have been something wayyyy flasher than poor Ricksta's mint $5K CBR 250RR right?????????

ricksta
8th May 2005, 23:35
Yeah but look what you ride. :killingme
pfft... laugh all u want... i'm love my bike and i bought it with my money. You just cant stand the fact that i made a good point.

here's a suggestion try changing ur name to jackass instead.

Blakamin
9th May 2005, 13:56
Wheres the pictures then??? cant wait to see it!!!

wildcat_lgf
9th May 2005, 18:36
As much as I hate to, I semi-agree with Jackrat...to a point (ignore my profile picture :laugh: )

You have to realise this is a forum for Hogs and cruisers, I haven't seen many with decals...sports bikes - decals on most of them and they look good.

BUT, there is something a little more distinguished about a cruiser, something that demands a little more than decals (note the greater respect from cage drivers you get when riding a cruiser compared to a sports bike).

Summary: Decals are for sports bikes and look great! But wouldn't expect to see many on a cruiser.

(Sorry to hijack the thread)

bugsonteeth
10th May 2005, 08:58
just had mine painted, latest craze in America:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/bugsonteeth/
that's 16 coats of apple candy red metallic, marbleized with four coats of clear on top of it.
Makes you go all oogely when you look at it, you think your eyes deceive you and it looks like metallic chameleon skin.
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less for paint as long as the bike is tight, after all if you are looking at your bike when you're riding, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
:-)

Jackrat
10th May 2005, 19:51
What was your first bike Jackrat??? While on a learners???

Let me guess it must have been something wayyyy flasher than poor Ricksta's mint $5K CBR 250RR right?????????

Never been on learners,never had cheap ass stickers on my bike either.
But given that,my first road bike was very much the match for todays CBR250,same brand even,just a 1973.
What ever that has to do with any thing. :Offtopic:

Jackrat
10th May 2005, 20:01
pfft... laugh all u want... i'm love my bike and i bought it with my money. You just cant stand the fact that i made a good point.

here's a suggestion try changing ur name to jackass instead.

I wasn't laughing at your bike,I was laughing at you.
I made my point in my first post but you didn't pick it up,as obvious as it was.
Read it again,you MIGHT notice it addresses your question in a number of ways.

Blakamin
10th May 2005, 20:05
and besides all that... Gman knows I can paint flames..... silly prick!!! :whistle:

where are the photos, ya homo???

gman
11th May 2005, 19:53
bloody hell im on a friggin dial up remember??? :puke:
itll be quicker if i burn em and bring em down.
it would aslo be quicker if i did some work on it too :whistle:

soon grasshoper soon

justsomeguy
11th May 2005, 20:14
Never been on learners,never had cheap ass stickers on my bike either.
But given that,my first road bike was very much the match for todays CBR250,same brand even,just a 1973.
What ever that has to do with any thing. :Offtopic:

Yea see your point.

Forgot this was a cruisers section. Yep decals on a cruiser would look like a big fat spoiler on a bentley.

newais.... how come you were never on a learners?? Born with a full license in your palm??

justsomeguy
11th May 2005, 20:28
just had mine painted, latest craze in America:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/bugsonteeth/
that's 16 coats of apple candy red metallic, marbleized with four coats of clear on top of it.
Makes you go all oogely when you look at it, you think your eyes deceive you and it looks like metallic chameleon skin.
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less for paint as long as the bike is tight, after all if you are looking at your bike when you're riding, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
:-)

Now *THAT'S* a paintjob :2thumbsup

Waylander
11th May 2005, 20:31
Now *THAT'S* a paintjob :2thumbsup
Inclined to agree. Very nice mate.

sunhuntin
28th May 2005, 13:38
Inclined to agree. Very nice mate.

definatly nice :niceone:

my partner, hounddog, bought a harley some years back [an 83 shovel, also rides a 65 panhead that im in love with] the shovel is the main ride as the pan has some problems after a big wreck 10 years ago.

the shovel when he bought it was already painted up. its got a steam engine on the tanks, an engine and eagle on the fairing and an old station that was destroyed by fire on the back of the tour pack. everywhere we go, we get comments on it. the train station was in orangeville, [hes in canada] and the bike was painted by a guy called wizzard/wizard who is well known over there, but i think hes retired since then.

this aint the best pic of the paint, but i think its the only one ive got.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/sunhuntin/good-char-bike-lot.jpg

and this is the panhead

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/sunhuntin/front.jpg

hoping to talk to him tonight, so will ask if hes got better photos of the shovel. there might also be one or two in my album here....cant remember, lol.