PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy again...

Rych
18th December 2009, 15:18
I sold my 91 Ninja 250 earlier this year and am planning to get my full then purchase another bike. I'm very interested in the Yamaha R6 but am open to check out all the 600's. Just wondering what would be a good one to get as a first big bike. I'm guessing the best option would be to just test ride them all and pick what suits me? Is there any major things to know in regards to any of them individually?

Basically looking at GSXR, CBR, ZX6R & the R6..

Cheers. :)

KwakaZM
18th December 2009, 15:38
IMO you should probably think about a CBR or a ZX6R, CBR's in the market seem to be a little pricey... I personally got myself a 2007 ZX-6R for a really good bargain... its got a great chassis and awesome brakes..

CBR on the other hand has a better ride quality but is relatively expensive...

nrc
18th December 2009, 16:35
I was in a similar situation to you earlier this year... after deciding that a 600 was probably for me, I was left wondering which one to go for. I ended up with a second hand 2006/7 GSX-R600 for a good price.

I thought the later model R6's were a bit tall for me (2006 models on), and just didn't think I would enjoy it on the longer trips as I found the riding position a bit uncomfortable. However, I still think it's probably the best looking bike of what I tested. I also tested a CBR600 and the Suzuki GSXR600 and couldn't fault either of them, but the GSXR from the first time I turned the key just felt plain right, and for me was slightly more comfortable then the CBR.

Moral of the story, test as much as you can and choose the bike which you don't want to give the keys back after test riding.

NRC.

PirateJafa
19th December 2009, 09:57
Buy a ZX6R for the road, a CBR or R6 for the track, or buy a GSXR for the bin.

KwakaZM
19th December 2009, 10:14
Buy a ZX6R for the road, a CBR or R6 for the track, or buy a GSXR for the bin.

I am sure a ZX-6R is good on the track too...

carver
19th December 2009, 10:24
I sold my 91 Ninja 250 earlier this year and am planning to get my full then purchase another bike. I'm very interested in the Yamaha R6 but am open to check out all the 600's. Just wondering what would be a good one to get as a first big bike. I'm guessing the best option would be to just test ride them all and pick what suits me? Is there any major things to know in regards to any of them individually?

Basically looking at GSXR, CBR, ZX6R & the R6..

Cheers. :)

I have a K3 GSXR600 which is pretty mint.
Pm me for details