PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Wellington Ride Sunday 9th

wkid_one
4th November 2003, 19:16
Guys & Girls

Sunday Ride meeting 9.30am leaving 10am at Rimutaka Caltex.

Doing the long haul run - blast up the 'Taka's, round the lake and through Martinborough - lunch at Gladstone.  Out to Castle Point (coz I haven't done it) and then back to Masterton.

We can decide whether we go on through the Gorge and come back down the west coast.

Will be an all day ride - so get you passes out, earn your brownie points, do the house work, pull a sickie as you won't want to miss this.

All bikers welcome, new, experienced, young, old (yes you Mike), big bikes, small bikes, solo, two up.  This isn't going to be a race - rather a ride.   Some will ride quick, some won't - we only care that we all get there.  Good for learner riders to come - nothing like a long day in the saddle to know your bike - and other riders to learn bad habits off

matthewt
5th November 2003, 09:57
I'll probably be on for the first part of the day. Getting a full day pass is a bit tricky at the moment.

riffer
5th November 2003, 12:25
Bugger, bugger, bugger...

my kids 4th birthday on Sunday. How am I going to get out of that one?

Have to be the next ride fellers.

Have a great ride. Weather should be perfect, just like today - I had to ride past work and accidentally find myself going north up SH 2 to Porirua this morning, it was so nice.

wkid_one
5th November 2003, 16:13
Yeah - hopefully I will have new sliders by Sunday - sparky ones - lol

wkid_one
8th November 2003, 09:12
Reminder

WHERE:          Caltex Rimutaka

WHEN:            Meet at 9.30ish- leave at 10am Sunday (9th)

WHY:               To ride of course
WHO:               Any one and everyone our rides any
                        sort of crotch rocket - any experience level
PACE:             What ever YOU are comfortable riding
Lube your chain (not you Mike coz you have the Scott Oil Flinger), check you tire pressures and come.  Again - this isn't a race or a competition - it is just a good opportunity to get out and ride with friends (new and old). 

matthewt
8th November 2003, 20:32
I'm not going to make it sorry, work commitments have sunken any chance of me making it.

:argh: :brick:

wkid_one
8th November 2003, 21:30
NP - there'll be a ride every weekend anyway

fritter
8th November 2003, 22:34
bah if I'd noticed this post I wouldn't have arranged my (rare) day pass for today lol...

still - awesome day today, and 90% of the cars I was following pulled over for me - nice when they do that :banana:

might see you lot next weekend then (pass pending - normally restricted to a sunday morning :o)

Blink
9th November 2003, 11:00
*sigh*.. my bike is still in the shop..

dont ya just hate days like this (fine and sunny) when youve got no bike :(

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:01
Well - you all missed an absolute STUNNING ride.....here come the pics:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:15

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:23

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:31

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:35

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:42

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 16:48

Blink
9th November 2003, 19:25
awesome photos... :) ya mustve had a blast :)

looking forward to getting my bike back now :)

Motoracer
9th November 2003, 19:34
I see blue was the popular colour choice. That R1 is still something else thoe. I want your bike Wiked!! *dreams*

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 20:20

wkid_one
9th November 2003, 20:21

matthewt
9th November 2003, 20:21
Dammm I missed that. But hey instead I got to spend 4 hours of quality time in front of my work computer !!

The sad thing was that at 9:15 I entered SH2 and headed towards Wgtn instead of towards U/Hutt. Was very tempting to flag it and "accidentally" turn the other way ;)

MrMelon
10th November 2003, 07:53
Ah that's so not fair!

My bike's in at the shop too :( hopefully have it back this week some time though.. I'm gonna try and bring back a set of leathers from the states while I'm there next week too :D

matthewt
10th November 2003, 08:52
If you bring leathers back keep in mind you'll have to pay GST. Provided they are race style and have built in armour in the sholders/elbows/knees then you won't have to pay duty on them. Ring customs and ask them for the details that excludes race leathers from duty because there is some very exact wording that you'd need to make sure you comply with. If you get someone really green you might be able to skip by under "clothing" but I doubt they'd go for that.

Not sure what the rules are for 2nd hand stuff. You should ask them and find out.

DeanOh
11th November 2003, 11:23
Buggar!!!!!:(

Teach me not to look at the forums on a Friday. I went for a ride on Sunday instead. Heaps of bikers on the Taka's and around the Wairarapa as usual. perfect day.