PDA

View Full Version : Otago: 2010 KB Rally in the Catlins

Pages : [1] 2 3

FJRider
19th December 2009, 21:45
Those that want to know what is there ... how much ... time enough to decide ... BOOK etc. :2thumbsup

http://www.youthadventure.org.nz/page.php?id=79

TAKE A PEEK ...

Been there ...stayed there ... its better than Kopara (NO BAR THOUGH) :argh:

... NO CATS ... :whistle:

FJRider
19th December 2009, 21:54
On the map .... its around here ... Tautuku ...

http://maps.google.co.nz/?ie=UTF8&ll=-46.55225,169.450035&spn=0.103648,0.21389&z=12

far queue
20th December 2009, 08:01
As this has been pre-booked there must be a confirmed date already, so when is it?

FJRider
20th December 2009, 08:59
so when is it?

Now in the original post.

Subike
20th December 2009, 09:13
Looking at that website there are only beds for 16?
Is this right?
Or is that the main lodges only and are there more cabins/huts available?

Jantar
20th December 2009, 09:23
Looking at that website there are only beds for 16?
Is this right?
Or is that the main lodges only and are there more cabins/huts available?
That is in each block, and there are 4 blocks, but not all are quite the same.

The accommodation consists of:

Blocks A,B,D
· 4 bunkrooms for 18 people
· 6 rooms for 2 people - single bunks
· 2 rooms for 3 people - double bunk on the bottom, single on top

C Block
· 5 rooms - each 2 single beds

Cottage 1
· 1 double bed
· 4 single beds
· 1 single bunks

Cottage 2
· 1 double bed
· 4 single beds

Mattresses and pillows are provided.

YOU NEED TO BRING
· BEDDING

scumdog
20th December 2009, 09:25
On the map .... its around here ... Tautuku ...

Pronounced 'Tautuck' by us locals:D

FJRider
20th December 2009, 09:28
Pronounced 'Tautuck' by us locals:D

Not Tau took ...???

FJRider
20th December 2009, 09:40
Is this the place ... its been a while ...

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.nz/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-46.57487,169.443426&amp;spn=0.001619,0.003342&amp;t=k&amp;z=18 &amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.nz/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-46.57487,169.443426&amp;spn=0.001619,0.003342&amp;t=k&amp;z=18 &amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

98tls
20th December 2009, 11:13
Thats what i love about motorcycling,no plans just do it:innocent:Jesus its a year away.

FJRider
20th December 2009, 11:16
Thats what i love about motorcycling,no plans just do it:innocent:Jesus its a year away.

shit ... that soon ... :gob:

gunrunner
20th December 2009, 11:39
Would love to go but cant see me getting the time off . And it just so happens my family own the red batch on the Tautuku Pennisula .

miSTa
20th December 2009, 13:31

Actually 51 weeks, buts who's counting? :Oops:

In all honesty I agree with you (bugger), so where's the spontaneity and randomness gone?

scumdog
20th December 2009, 13:38
In all honesty I agree with you (bugger), so where's the spontaneity and randomness gone?

Don't worry, we'll be bring a whole slew of THAT in bottles...particularly doc and Goblin who seem to have a potent mix....:devil2:

FJRider
20th December 2009, 13:56
Don't worry, we'll be bring a whole slew of THAT in bottles...particularly doc and Goblin who seem to have a potent mix....:devil2:

So the 2010 "theme" is ... Bring a Bottle ... mmmmmm ...

Only two hours to home from there ... if I go slow ... :woohoo:

kerryhare
20th December 2009, 14:25

I like that bring a bottle concept. Might bring a few bottles. Just in case 1 is not enough.

FJRider
20th December 2009, 14:29
I like that bring a bottle concept. Might bring a few bottles. Just in case 1 is not enough.

You know the story ... ONE(CE) is never enough ... :innocent:

Dave-
20th December 2009, 18:53
ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

I had my highschool camp there....

there's an underground sauna :D

Subike
20th December 2009, 18:57
ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

I had my highschool camp there....

there's an underground sauna :D

well we now know where the A team will be .
Who are the A team?
Only the A team know.

So a sleeping bag and a bottle or two,
Well now 51 weeks to go, thats going to pass quickly indeed

Daffyd
20th December 2009, 19:26
Those that want to know what is there ... how much ... time enough to decide ... BOOK etc. :2thumbsup

http://www.forestandbird.org.nz/what-we-do/lodges/tautuku-lodge-otago/essential-information-visitors

Take a peek. :cool:

Being "Forest and Bird " ... NO CATS ... :whistle:

NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

It is NOT the Forest & Bird Lodge! That is further down the road!
The actual venue is the Tautuku Outdoor Education Centre, run by the Otago Youth Adventure Trust.

Please get it right.

FJRider
20th December 2009, 19:29
NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

It is NOT the Forest @ Bird Lodge! That is further down the road!
The actual venue is the Tautuku Outdoor Education Centre, run by the Otago Youth Adventure Trust.

Please get it right.

I did realise that later ... I assume the google maps pic was the correct place ... ???

Daffyd
20th December 2009, 19:33
I did realise that later ... I assume the google maps pic was the correct place ... ???

Quite correct.

Spuds1234
21st December 2009, 02:44
51 weeks. Should be enough time to get time off.

If its anything like the Kopara rally it will be an awesome 3 days.

Not sure I'd wanna spend to much time in a sauna though if Im drinking. Sounds like a reciepe for a killer hangover.

sels1
21st December 2009, 07:11

That could make the AA circle a bit bigger....and more interesting...

Clairsky
21st December 2009, 09:18
Should be close enough for us to make this one! Do we just ring and book our own accomodation?

Daffyd
21st December 2009, 11:48
Should be close enough for us to make this one! Do we just ring and book our own accomodation?

I wouldn't bother. There's accomodation for over 100 peeps under cover plus room for tents so just show up. Could change later, but there's plenty of time.

fireliv
21st December 2009, 18:09

Yes the AA circle was quite a hit! Will definatly be at this rally!!!!

Xaria
21st December 2009, 18:19
Awesome. I said at work that I am not going to have any more conflicts with work functions and rallies.

DEFINITELY getting to this one

far queue
21st December 2009, 18:23
Yes the AA circle was quite a hit!Indeed it was, after trying that Glayva I had to go and buy some the other day - yum. I'll bring something along to the next AA meet.

helenoftroy
21st December 2009, 19:33

Yes the AA circle was quite a hit! Will definatly be at this rally!!!!

Indeed it was, after trying that Glayva I had to go and buy some the other day - yum. I'll bring something along to the next AA meet.
I liked the AA circle!!:msn-wink:

Great being able to get rid of the rest of that horrible rip-off armoretto to the gorgeously clueless xknuts & far queue:drinkup:......classic!!!:sick:

Got ya boys!!:nya:

Xaria
21st December 2009, 19:36
That Glayva is beautiful isn't it?

I have a bottle put aside for New Years and have ordered a couple of bottles ordered from someone coming through duty free for the rest of the rally season :)

FJRider
21st December 2009, 19:38

This place will have power .... so you can bring the Coffee maker.

Kemet
21st December 2009, 19:41
Now this one I should be able get to.

didn't leave myself enough money the other week so wasn't able to get to the other one. would have had enough for this one though. :doh:

:bash:

xknuts
21st December 2009, 21:51
Great being able to get rid of the rest of that horrible rip-off armoretto to the gorgeously clueless xknuts & far queue:drinkup:......classic!!!:sick:

Got ya boys!!:nya:

SOOOOOO MEAN! I thought it was going to be the liquor of the gods, only to be duped by the Wicked Witch of the West. :angry2:

[QUOTE=Kemet;1129580291]Now this one I should be able get to. :bash:/QUOTE]

You could come on my Victory Jackpot? :scooter:

Spuds1234
22nd December 2009, 02:36
SOOOOOO MEAN! I thought it was going to be the liquor of the gods, only to be duped by the Wicked Witch of the West. :angry2

Yea that stuff was feral.

The stuff you want to get is Beltion Amaretto.

http://www.globalwinespirits.com/catalog.SPIRITS/AMARETTO+BELTION/31013760/MERAK-en.jsa

xknuts
22nd December 2009, 08:48
The stuff you want to get is Beltion Amaretto.
http://www.globalwinespirits.com/catalog.SPIRITS/AMARETTO+BELTION/31013760/MERAK-en.jsa

Cheers Spuds.
Im on to it already!

JellyBellyKelly
22nd December 2009, 08:57
fantastic! will be there (already marked it on next years calendar :rockon:
i'll be joining the AA circle once again.....

will roger be riding down this time?

Roger
22nd December 2009, 18:30
You could cum on my Victory Jackpot? :scooter:I did already thanks!

will roger be riding down this time?I'll be riding anything I can get my paws on baby ...

_Shrek_
22nd December 2009, 18:37
I'll be riding anything I can get my paws on baby ...

Ruralman can't ride very fast when hes on his KTM :whistle: (just a thought it might smell a bit like diesel)

Roger
22nd December 2009, 18:41
Ruralman can't ride very fast when hes on his KTM :whistle: (just a thought it might smell a bit like diesel)Yes, but chasing him through the diesel fumes is a bit rough. Easier to wait til he's asleep with ear plugs in to avoid the snorers, and then slip one in.

98tls
22nd December 2009, 18:44
[QUOTE=Roger;1129581850 Easier to wait til he's asleep with ear plugs in to avoid the snorers, and then slip one in.[/QUOTE] :mad:Jesus these KB dos have got a bit decadent since the 1st one.We had the snorers but nobody tried to "slip one in".:beer:

doc
22nd December 2009, 18:58
Oh Kay , lets get the usual out of the way early. Once we get off the ferry what directon ? How far :sweatdrop and is there any gravel ?
:crybaby:

We went to look at Harwoods hole and found the Goat track to get there.

For those further south pictures might help.

Ferry, how far, any gravel ?... grunt (with a rolling rrr)

dangerous
22nd December 2009, 19:09
Oh Kay , lets get the usual out of the way early. Once we get off the ferry what directon ? How far :sweatdrop and is there any gravel ?

ride of the ferry and keep on keeping on riding... and riding, and you will be getting closer.

Howards holes wicked aye, did ya go up the track to the right and look out over mot way? awesom drop/view aye?

NighthawkNZ
22nd December 2009, 19:17

Off ferry... ride south... wave at the Canterbury Rabble... Keep heading south Wave at the South Canterbury rabble... Keep heading south... wave at the North Otago crew... Keep heading south wave at the Otago crew...Keep heading south wave at the South Otago crew... Keep heading south... say hi how do I get to the catlins.... Keep heading south Wave at the Southland crew and you are there... no gravel

Or you could meet up with Xaria and I in Dunedin ;)

Easy really

FJRider
22nd December 2009, 20:24
Somewhere around HERE...

http://maps.google.co.nz/?ie=UTF8&ll=-46.55225,169.450035&spn=0.103648,0.21389&z=12

Jantar
22nd December 2009, 20:37

Just head south, south, south. Turn left after the Balclutha bridge and follow the southern scenic route. (alternatively just take every sealed road to the left and you'll still get there)

Daffyd
22nd December 2009, 20:50
Come through Balclutha, turn left at Regional Ford/Shell Service Station.
Left at the 3 way corner in Owaka and follow your nose.
I will have a sign out.

Alternatively, follow the bikes.:beer:

McJim
22nd December 2009, 21:03
Just head south, south, south. Turn left after the Balclutha bridge and follow the southern scenic route. (alternatively just take every sealed road to the left and you'll still get there)

Don't you mean North North North? If I take every sealed road to the left I end up in Milford....:rofl:

stevewederell
23rd December 2009, 11:22

TAKE A PEEK ...

... NO CATS ... :whistle:

Yup it's a great wee place, stayed there many times for "Band camp":whistle: I think if I remember correctly there is a small outside climbing wall too.:2thumbsup

neels
23rd December 2009, 13:42
I think if I remember correctly there is a small outside climbing wall too.:2thumbsup
Sounds like that could be fun later in the evening :eek5:

And holy crap, you guys are organised early, I usually don't know what I'm doing a week ahead let alone a year. :whistle: However after the fun at the last one I suspect I will make my way down there.

cruza
23rd December 2009, 14:11

And holy crap, you guys are organised early, I usually don't know what I'm doing a week ahead let alone a year. :whistle: However after the fun at the last one I suspect I will make my way down there.

Ya daughter seemed to enjoy herself at kopara , she coming to 2010 :dodge:

neels
23rd December 2009, 14:25
Ya daughter seemed to enjoy herself at kopara , she coming to 2010 :dodge:
Does that mean she looks young, or I look old before my time :oi-grr:

Answer carefully she may read this.:lol:

Goblin
23rd December 2009, 17:00
Ruralman can't ride very fast when hes on his KTM :whistle: (just a thought it might smell a bit like diesel)This diesel thing is becoming tradition. Bags not me next year!

miSTa
23rd December 2009, 20:46
LISTEN UP CHCH PEOPLE - RIDE TO KB RALLY 2010

Ok, there's a group of us heading away from Chch to Tautuku on the Friday. Will be leaving BP Rolleston at 8:00am sharp.

Route will be down the middle (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Christchurch,+New+Zealand&daddr=-43.777044,171.502075+to:Lindis+Pass+Tarras+Rd+to:t autuku&hl=en&geocode=FYvCZ_0d5TlKCimBC3YDPooxbTG_g5lNp_4isA%3B% 3BFdx0V_0dFE4bCg%3BFX82Of0dOyUZCil9hZZIJ6EtqDGkaO3 jReVL0w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1,2&sll=-43.998742,171.378479&sspn=0.938505,2.705383&ie=UTF8&z=9).

Pace will be fast, FTP!

This post should be enough notice for people to get their act together.

far queue
23rd December 2009, 21:20
Righto Road Captain, I'm in - the forecast is looking good :cool:

Jantar
23rd December 2009, 21:27
Pace will be fast, FTP!.....

Oh. So you are getting a new bike before the next rally? :whistle:

cruza
23rd December 2009, 21:32
4 pages and a ride planned , geez. I'll hav a think about it in 10months, you know what these long range forecasts are like, :lol:

FJRider
23rd December 2009, 21:37
4 pages and a ride planned , geez. I'll hav a think about it in 10months, you know what these long range forecasts are like, :lol:

Its in "south OTAGO" ... rain ... :lol:

miSTa
23rd December 2009, 21:39
Awesome, we need a dry rally for a change! :sunny: Oh, a bit less of this 'road captain' crap too!

Oh. So you are getting a new bike before the next rally? :whistle:
Yeah yeah, comedian...:lol:

cruza
23rd December 2009, 21:44
Its in "south OTAGO" ... rain ... :lol:

Better leave on thursday then ,

Ghost_Bullet
23rd December 2009, 22:19

I'm in to, I will be putting my leave in next week to ensure i will off work, and I will also be booking the service the bike will be needing a couple of weeks before we leave. 8am is a great time, Geraldine for a salmonella pie stop? Please please please.

JMemonic
24th December 2009, 14:54
LISTEN UP CHCH PEOPLE - RIDE TO KB RALLY 2010

Ok, there's a group of us heading away from Chch to Tautuku on the Friday. Will be leaving BP Rolleston at 8:00am sharp.
<snip>
This post should be enough notice for people to get their act together.

Dam if I had only known last week :whistle::lol:

E Ashmore
24th December 2009, 18:06

ofcourse you did. now what was that name that dave~ called you?:dodge:

Ghost_Bullet
24th December 2009, 18:07
A quick question qith the trip down... anyone taking a vehicle?? to cart shit??

dangerous
24th December 2009, 18:16
A quick question qith the trip down... anyone taking a vehicle?? to cart shit?? yip... :2thumbsup

E Ashmore
24th December 2009, 19:18
...well you! dear boy, are shaping up just nicely as the Booze Hags cub in training!!:apint::beer::drinkup::drinknsin

teach me the ways of the booze oh experienced one. :Playnice:and:beer:

helenoftroy
24th December 2009, 19:33
teach me the ways of the booze oh experienced one. :Playnice:and:beer:

That I can do!!:devil2::msn-wink:

E Ashmore
24th December 2009, 19:41
That I can do!!:devil2::msn-wink:

where did your post before mine go? the next kb rally will be a fun time. and i will come prepared. with alcohol this time

Winston001
24th December 2009, 20:00
Just a wee word of warning. There is a very dangerous corner south of the site which bites bikers........ok, one biker (sob)......so be careful.....:buggerd:

helenoftroy
24th December 2009, 20:05
where did your post before mine go? the next kb rally will be a fun time. and i will come prepared. with alcohol this time
??dont know where its disapeared to.....cant have been censored it was very sedate:innocent:

and I will bring nicer & more next time!!:yes:

Daffyd
24th December 2009, 20:32
Just a wee word of warning. There is a very dangerous corner south of the site which bites bikers........ok, one biker (sob)......so be careful.....:buggerd:

No, you're not the first...and unfortunately you won't be the last. And there's more than one, so take it carefully; I don't want to scrape any bodies off my letterbox!

scumdog
24th December 2009, 20:59
No, you're not the first...and unfortunately you won't be the last. And there's more than one, so take it carefully; I don't want to scrape any bodies off my letterbox!

CB and I had a close call at one of those bends too, be careful people, very careful.:yeah:

FJRider
26th December 2009, 09:21
Trailers of trucks tend to take "shortcuts" through corners, and drag gravel out onto the road on the inside of the corners ... more often on the left-hand corners.

scumdog
26th December 2009, 10:09
Trailers of trucks tend to take "shortcuts" through corners, and drag gravel out onto the road on the inside of the corners ... more often on the left-hand corners.

Also the 'tightening corner hidden by bush' you have to watch for.

FJRider
26th December 2009, 10:17
And being part of "The Southern Senic Highway" ... Campervans are now common as muck on the roads round there ... (excuse the pun)

dangerous
26th December 2009, 10:51
and and and... dont forget the inbread southern catlans 3 breasted pigmy... they hide on corners and jump out in front of you right when you least expect it, like the snakes in Oz they grab on to ya bike and stay low till they are ready to pounce, they go for the left nostrel to hibernate for 2.5km's then they eat there way out of ya chest causing you bad intergestion, they grab ya key as you ride and jump back into the bush, leaving you with a slowing dead bike... this not the worst tho cos when the are hibernating they use ya ear wax to mass produce and later that night when you cark out at the rally they exit out ya eye balls and destroy all jappanese bikes leaving only the tyres... so be warned and dont forget this and other info cos the rally is a BLOODY YEAR AWAY :scooter:

FJRider
26th December 2009, 11:17
... so be warned and dont forget this and other info cos the rally is a BLOODY YEAR AWAY :scooter:

Perhaps it may be a year before YOU get down there ... but I'm betting a few (other) KB'rs will be sneaking down for a look. At the site ... and the roads...

And a dam fine road it is too ... :woohoo:

newbould
26th December 2009, 11:26
And being part of "The Southern Senic Highway" ... Campervans are now common as muck on the roads round there ... (excuse the pun)

and with a tendency to forget which side of the road to drive on. But apart from all that great little corner of NZ

FJRider
26th December 2009, 11:28
and with a tendency to forget which side of the road to drive on. But apart from all that great little corner of NZ

some (most) play it safe ... and take the middle route ...

E Ashmore
26th December 2009, 22:33
and and and... dont forget the inbread southern catlans 3 breasted pigmy... they hide on corners and jump out in front of you right when you least expect it, like the snakes in Oz they grab on to ya bike and stay low till they are ready to pounce, they go for the left nostrel to hibernate for 2.5km's then they eat there way out of ya chest causing you bad intergestion, they grab ya key as you ride and jump back into the bush, leaving you with a slowing dead bike... this not the worst tho cos when the are hibernating they use ya ear wax to mass produce and later that night when you cark out at the rally they exit out ya eye balls and destroy all jappanese bikes leaving only the tyres... so be warned and dont forget this and other info cos the rally is a BLOODY YEAR AWAY :scooter:
maybe you should stop doing tabs of LSD? or just stop drinking?

JMemonic
26th December 2009, 23:00
maybe you should stop doing tabs of LSD? or just stop drinking?

Its alright they exist, but they are easily distracted by ginga's as their primary source of fun, not unlike Rodger.

dangerous
27th December 2009, 09:24
maybe you should stop doing tabs of LSD? or just stop drinking?Drugs are for fucking loosers mate, let me reasure you I was even sober when posting that... r/e/a/d

Its alright they exist, but they are easily distracted by ginga's as their primary source of fun, not unlike Rodger.
why do you think I partly disise my self with a reseading hairline and silver goatie, I know the secret anti orange kid vigalanties exist... but they wont win, #1 may have failed his carrot topping but #2 is about to arive and when he does the ordenary bland non copper tops will be over rulled. :doctor:

E Ashmore
27th December 2009, 11:37
Drugs are for fucking loosers mate, let me reasure you I was even sober when posting that... r/e/a/d

i meant no offence in that comment

Xaria
27th December 2009, 16:58
Perhaps it may be a year before YOU get down there ... but I'm betting a few (other) KB'rs will be sneaking down for a look. At the site ... and the roads...

And a dam fine road it is too ... :woohoo:

Hmmm... Might have to check out the road in the next few days . Well we were going to anyway, but now it is certain :)

FJRider
27th December 2009, 17:05
Hmmm... Might have to check out the road in the next few days . Well we were going to anyway, but now it is certain :)

There are bits you'll want to go back and do again ... and again. :cool:

You may never want to leave ... Daffyd's still there ... :devil2:

KiwiPhoenix
27th December 2009, 19:23
I'm in for this!! Gives me enough time to save up for it!!

It's very possible I will be doing this road before this rally anyways..

JMemonic
27th December 2009, 19:52
why do you think I partly disise my self with a reseading hairline and silver goatie, I know the secret anti orange kid vigalanties exist... but they wont win, #1 may have failed his carrot topping but #2 is about to arive and when he does the ordenary bland non copper tops will be over rulled. :doctor:

Lol so you have a plan to rule the world then:devil2:, looks like the rest of us have been warned.:eek:

dangerous
27th December 2009, 21:06
Lol so you have a plan to rule the world then:devil2:, looks like the rest of us have been warned.:eek:well not quite, just a plan so as not to be picked on so much :apint:

KiwiPhoenix
27th December 2009, 21:08
well not quite, just a plan so as not to be picked on so much :apint:

awwww

10 chars

FJRider
27th December 2009, 22:33
I'm in for this!! Gives me enough time to save up for it!!

It's very possible I will be doing this road before this rally anyways..

If you go to the Pissed Penquin ... you may well do so.

Possibly a good chance for a few to get an early peek at the area ...

scumdog
28th December 2009, 08:46
well not quite, just a plan so as not to be picked on so much :apint:

Fark man, your a ginga.

The rest of us can see that big target on your back that is invisible to you!:devil2:

Winston001
28th December 2009, 18:16

Should be fine this time of year. The main hazards are shaded spots because the bush is right up to the road, and grit on corners.

NighthawkNZ
28th December 2009, 18:53
Should be fine this time of year. The main hazards are shaded spots because the bush is right up to the road, and grit on corners.

There are bits you'll want to go back and do again ... and again.

You may never want to leave ... Daffyd's still there ...

reading between the lines is that we have a ride down that way in the next couple of days to answer some questions for a bike run ... been through the catlins many times she has... ;)

_Shrek_
31st December 2009, 13:35
well well well still in 2009 & we have 7 pages of :bs: for the 2010 rally not a bad effort i must say :shutup:

dangerous
31st December 2009, 15:08
well well well still in 2009 & we have 7 pages of :bs: for the 2010 rally not a bad effort i must say :shutup:

lets make it 8... before midnight

Subike
31st December 2009, 15:15
I will ahve to come down to this one on a little bike, after the west coast, me thinks that saving money and getting a scorpio is a wise move for me, that will include getting that thing they call a licence.......... oh bugger,
Good news is I will be 80k closer by then.
Now if I save hard I can pay off my fine, buy a little pottle bike, get my licence , i will still have enough money left over for a bottle of sumthing.
Thank god there will be no need for tents, I dont think a 225 will hall little ole me, my gear and a tent......oh thats right it will.
At least it will be a Yamaha

Xaria
31st December 2009, 15:34
Thank god there will be no need for tents, I dont think a 225 will hall little ole me, my gear and a tent......oh thats right it will.

My 250 could haul enough. You just have to prioritise... drink, tent, other stuff

JMemonic
31st December 2009, 16:16
I will ahve to come down to this one on a little bike, after the west coast, me thinks that saving money and getting a scorpio is a wise move for me, that will include getting that thing they call a licence.......... oh bugger,
Good news is I will be 80k closer by then.
Now if I save hard I can pay off my fine, buy a little pottle bike, get my licence , i will still have enough money left over for a bottle of sumthing.

Lol umm for this one the tent is not so important, I wonder if there is a way of fast tracking the licence, or then may be not given the reason for the decision to actually upgrade the licence.

A scorpio would be a good wee bike for 8-9 months you would need it.

far queue
31st December 2009, 16:28
lets make it 8... before midnightThat shouldn't be hard ... see you shortly

FJRider
31st December 2009, 19:20
My 250 could haul enough. You just have to prioritise... drink, tent, other stuff

On this one ... DONT need tents. :no::no::no:

DRINK .... :devil2: other stuff ... ???:blink:

FJRider
31st December 2009, 19:23

This is KB ... :bs: is what we (ok some) do best ... :innocent:

KiwiPhoenix
31st December 2009, 20:13
This is KB ... :bs: is what we (ok some) do best ... :innocent:

Talking from experience here then FJRider?? :whistle: :dodge:

FJRider
31st December 2009, 20:16
Talking from experience here then FJRider?? :whistle: :dodge:

I cannot lie to you .... of course not ... :innocent: :shifty:

KiwiPhoenix
31st December 2009, 20:18
I cannot lie to you .... of course not ... :innocent: :shifty:

Another one falls to the feet of KP!! :rofl:

FJRider
31st December 2009, 20:22
Another one falls to the feet of KP!! :rofl:

:not::not::not::not::not::not::not::not::not:

KiwiPhoenix
31st December 2009, 20:23
:not::not::not::not::not::not::not::not::not:

:rofl:

10 chars

sels1
3rd January 2010, 19:48
Happy New Year you lot.
This is going to be one hell of a long thread by next Dec.

Daffyd
4th January 2010, 09:24

I've spoken with our local councillor about this problem and he is going to have something done about it. There is also a letter on the subject on the way to the CDC from the Papatowai and Districts Community Association, (PADCA)

I'm looking into the possibility of operating a bar... or does everyone want to bring their own 'exotic' stuff?

McJim
4th January 2010, 09:28
I'm looking into the possibility of operating a bar... or does everyone want to bring their own 'exotic' stuff?

I drink Ranfurly and virtually nothing else (it's the only beer in NZ that tastes nice and doesn't give me hellish heartburn) is that exotic enuff for ye?

Daffyd
4th January 2010, 09:35
I drink Ranfurly and virtually nothing else (it's the only beer in NZ that tastes nice and doesn't give me hellish heartburn) is that exotic enuff for ye?

Never heard of it! What type of beer is it? I can always check up and see if it's available from my 'sources'.

FJRider
4th January 2010, 09:50

And "economical" as well :lol:

McJim
4th January 2010, 09:55
Never heard of it! What type of beer is it? I can always check up and see if it's available from my 'sources'.

It's beer. i.e. it's brown stuff sold in a can. I never have been able to reconcile that kiwis and aussies call lager beer though - beer is brown, lager is yellow and tastes lake cat's piss.

Ranfurly Draught

FJRider
4th January 2010, 09:58
I've spoken with our local councillor about this problem and he is going to have something done about it. There is also a letter on the subject on the way to the CDC from the Papatowai and Districts Community Association, (PADCA)

The reality is though ... apart from banning heavy trailers, or widening the corners. There's bugger all they can do to stop it. I've seen truckies take up both lanes of the road now, to get round some of the corners. (With or without trailers)

FJRider
4th January 2010, 10:02
Ranfurly Draught

I would think it would be (could be) sourced locally (Owaka pub [or Papatowai]... if you asked)

Daffyd
4th January 2010, 10:03
The reality is though ... apart from banning heavy trailers, or widening the corners. There's bugger all they can do to stop it. I've seen truckies take up both lanes of the road now, to get round some of the corners. (With or without trailers)

They have laid an extra strip of seal on the inside of many of the bends, but the one that hasn't been modified and concerns me the most is at the top of the hill above my place. I have made noises about it before, but there will now be a 3 pronged attack.

McJim
4th January 2010, 10:06
They have laid an extra strip of seal on the inside of many of the bends, but the one that concerns me the most is at the top of the hill above my place. I have made noises about it before, but there will now be a 3 pronged attack.

Can't we just find the culprits and beat 3 shades of crap out of them until they stop? Can't be too hard to find as there aren't too many residences along that road.

Daffyd
4th January 2010, 10:10
Can't we just find the culprits and beat 3 shades of crap out of them until they stop? Can't be too hard to find as there aren't too many residences along that road.

They're mostly logging and stock trucks.

FJRider
4th January 2010, 10:14

Its the stock and gravel trucks that do the damage. And logging trucks. Not any of the residents (usually).

_Shrek_
4th January 2010, 16:39
It's beer. i.e. it's brown stuff sold in a can. I never have been able to reconcile that kiwis and aussies call lager beer though - beer is brown, lager is yellow and tastes lake cat's piss.

Ranfurly Draught

you can have ya Ranfurly, it tastes like shit, the best comes in a little green bottle maked STEINLARGER :bleh:

dangerous
4th January 2010, 17:04
It's beer. i.e. it's brown stuff sold in a can. beer of any reptable quality does Not come in a can, nore in a 'brown bottle'

you can have ya Ranfurly, it tastes like shit, the best comes in a little green bottle maked STEINLARGER :bleh:
AMEN...

xknuts
4th January 2010, 18:34

Look David, Don't put yourself to any trouble here because most of us will bring our own tipple, and you will be behind the bar instead of enjoying yourself on the other side. :crazy:
I felt that that was the problem at Kopara, we all brought our own but felt obliged to buy at the bar on Friday night, as per the bar rules.
By Saturday night I just thought "bugger it" and got the AA shots circle going with our own grog. :drinknsin

FJRider
4th January 2010, 19:08
Looks like it'll be a big circle in the Catlins then ... :lol:

JMemonic
4th January 2010, 19:19
Looks like it'll be a big circle in the Catlins then ... :lol:

Hope so, it was fun at the last one.

dangerous
4th January 2010, 19:44
Hope so, it was fun at the last one.
as it was at the last three

Xaria
4th January 2010, 20:33
Went for a ride today and I can confirm that even cold, wet and windy, the Catlins are fun

_Shrek_
5th January 2010, 08:57
Look David, Don't put yourself to any trouble here because most of us will bring our own tipple, and you will be behind the bar instead of enjoying yourself on the other side. :crazy:
I felt that that was the problem at Kopara, we all brought our own but felt obliged to buy at the bar on Friday night, as per the bar rules.
By Saturday night I just thought "bugger it" and got the AA shots circle with our own grog. :drinknsin

"well said" no worries about $$$ or what peeps want to :drinkup: & no bar rules :wari:

doc
5th January 2010, 17:15
Alcoholics don't have rules. aye

miSTa
5th January 2010, 19:56
That's rule #1....duh...

Jackal
5th January 2010, 19:57
I'm sure I can strap a keg to the Guzzi but that would mean no clothes for the weekend. What a decision one has to make.....Clothes or beer...............um..................BEER!!!

_Shrek_
6th January 2010, 18:36

& you would know this aye :whistle:

Daffyd
6th January 2010, 18:38
I'm sure I can strap a keg to the Guzzi but that would mean no clothes for the weekend. What a decision one has to make.....Clothes or beer...............um..................BEER!!!

If you strap it to the Guzzi you'll have to give it 2 days to settle after all that vibration.

_Shrek_
6th January 2010, 18:43
If you strap it to the Guzzi you'll have to give it 2 days to settle after all that vibration.

:rofl: maybe I should offer to take it, but it would have to be Stienlarger & cold :laugh:

doc
6th January 2010, 18:45
:shifty: yeah I saw you teaching Roger....

McJim
6th January 2010, 18:52

beer of any reptable quality does Not come in a can, nore in a 'brown bottle' AMEN...

Steinlager isn't beer otherwise it would be called Steinbeer or Steinale. Lager is not beer, never has been and never will be. All lagers taste like cat's urine and give me heartburn something chronic. Real ales tend to have too many other flavours milling around looking for your attention - only the really cheap export ales or draughts can satisfy my thirst. Ideally I'd like a keg of Tenants 70/- Ale and a cold pint glass.

Funny difference between New Zealand and Scotland. In Scotland people drinking out of bottles tend to be lah-de-dah poseurs and pooftahs whereas the real men use a pint glass and get their beer out of a tap. Kiwis think I'm weird for wanting a glass all the time. Can't bring myself to drink out of a bottle like a pooftah.

scumdog
6th January 2010, 19:30

Is'nt that meant to be: "Alcohol Rules"?

McJim
6th January 2010, 19:32

Nah, I can never draw a straight line with Alcohol :rofl:

scumdog
6th January 2010, 19:34
Funny difference between New Zealand and Scotland. In Scotland people drinking out of bottles tend to be lah-de-dah poseurs and pooftahs whereas the real men use a pint glass and get their beer out of a tap. Kiwis think I'm weird for wanting a glass all the time. Can't bring myself to drink out of a bottle like a pooftah.

Funny thing is: When I drink from a beer bottle it's normally a 'proper' sized one (no boys toy 'stubbies') and everybody looks at me like I'm some sort of uncouth yobbo or something..:scratch:

FJRider
6th January 2010, 19:48
Funny thing is: When I drink from a beer bottle it's normally a 'proper' sized one (no boys toy 'stubbies') and everybody looks at me like I'm some sort of uncouth yobbo or something..:scratch:

Well ... that is what the "Old school" uncooth yobbo's used to do .... obviously Still do ... :innocent:

xknuts
6th January 2010, 20:38
All lagers taste like cat's urine and give me heartburn something chronic.
In Scotland people drinking out of bottles tend to be lah-de-dah poseurs and pooftahs whereas the real men use a pint glass and get their beer out of a tap. Kiwis think I'm weird for wanting a glass all the time. Can't bring myself to drink out of a bottle like a pooftah.

Well there is one hell of a lot of pooftah's in NZ

When I drink from a beer bottle it's normally a 'proper' sized one (no boys toy 'stubbies') and everybody looks at me like I'm some sort of uncouth yobbo or something..:scratch:

Now why is that? I can't imagine anyone saying that about you, except all those "Pooftah's" from Scotland. :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Roger
6th January 2010, 20:48
everybody looks at me like I'm some sort of uncouth yobbo or something..:scratch:That's got nothing to do with your drinking vessel, but everything to do with ... well, everything else about you really!

scumdog
6th January 2010, 20:51
That's got nothing to do with your drinking vessel, but everything to do with ... well, everything else about you really!

Ouch!
What's with the harsh comments guys?? :blink: :innocent:

Roger
6th January 2010, 22:48
Ouch!
What's with the harsh comments guys?? :blink: :innocent:
I been hearing stories about scaring innocent bystanders in ya Y fronts and suchlike behaviour

KiwiPhoenix
7th January 2010, 09:30
I been hearing stories about scaring innocent bystanders in ya Y fronts and suchlike behaviour

Do tell us more!!

doc
7th January 2010, 15:47

I fear that our "Missonary" work in the South needs further work. We wiill have to travel to the Catlins it appears.

dangerous
7th January 2010, 16:06
That's got nothing to do with your drinking vessel, but everything to do with ... well, everything else about you really!hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... thats not funny, I get the feeling your a little gay... yet I seen ya tail hanging out of some girlies, are you one of them bisexual types, or do you just like winding people up with your pink humour?

Do tell us more!!
AHHHHH... you havent been blessed with a rally morning welcom from SD yet have ya... LOL it will happen

I fear that our "Missonary" work in the South needs further work. We wiill have to travel to the Catlins it appears. hahaha.. Im sure ;)

Goblin
7th January 2010, 18:27
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... thats not funny, I get the feeling your a little gay... yet I seen ya tail hanging out of some girlies, are you one of them bisexual types, or do you just like winding people up with your pink humour?I reckon Roger's more of a trysexual type...he'll try anything.:blip:

AHHHHH... you havent been blessed with a rally morning welcom from SD yet have ya... LOL it will happen Blessed?!? Gawd I still have that image burnt into my retinas from Danseys!:eek5:

FJRider
7th January 2010, 18:56
I fear that our "Missonary" work in the South needs further work. We wiill have to travel to the Catlins it appears.

Just bring a bike that will get you home ... and OUR prayers will be answered ... :innocent:

FJRider
7th January 2010, 19:01
Do tell us more!!

Enough said already ... and he has been known to run naked through the streets of "The Riveria of the South" .... Safer Communities together I assume :gob:

doc
7th January 2010, 19:11
The Lord challenges us in many ways, Even heathens shall be acknowledged :bleh:

_Shrek_
7th January 2010, 20:12

well if you bring the tractor you just might get there & back unless it's on a honda-davidson :whistle:

Kemet
14th January 2010, 18:59
SD! By the time this rally comes around you reckon you will have hit the 10,000 post mark??!!! Again!!!

Which then begs the question...

How would those, such as our fine selves, celebrate such a momentus occasion (recurring..)???!!!!

Mrs Shrek
16th January 2010, 14:20
. - only the really cheap export ales or draughts can satisfy my thirst. Ideally I'd like a keg of Tenants 70/- Ale and a cold pint glass.

:whistle: must be the scot coming out in ya, so how ya going to afford to buy a whole keg? gotta dig deep into yar pockets for that.

KiwiPhoenix
16th January 2010, 18:02
:whistle: must be the scot coming out in ya, so how ya going to afford to buy a whole keg? gotta dig deep into yar pockets for that.

And also get it here in the first place!!

Ghost_Bullet
12th April 2010, 17:35
Where are the pics for this rally to be found??? Mmmm I dont remember going to this. I am sure I would have.

Its a quiet night tonight.....

Shadowjack
12th April 2010, 19:00
Thanks for the reminder, GB...I must have missed it, too.
Only, what, eight months to go?
If I've mis-calculated, it's the Lindemans....

cruza
12th April 2010, 19:10
booked in leave for this one already......... 8mths , .........be here before we know it:yes:

dangerous
12th April 2010, 20:24
gona take a lot to beat Kopara, or the staging post... Im willing to give it a try tho

ps: 3weeks and counting down till she blows people...

scumdog
12th April 2010, 20:39
gona take a lot to beat Kopara, or the staging post... Im willing to give it a try tho

So ya gonna turn up at this one with TWO snots???:whistle:

dangerous
12th April 2010, 20:51
So ya gonna turn up at this one with TWO snots???:whistle: Might just be one, Chiefofthehill is disbehaiving at the mo, had to go and post bail.

FJRider
12th April 2010, 20:56
Might just be one, Chiefofthehill is disbehaiving at the mo, had to go and post bail.

takes after his father then ...

Subike
12th April 2010, 21:01

Im sure there are some who will let their hair down even more in the catlans D
Now that they know what to expect,
It will definatly be louder
you wait and see

_Shrek_
12th April 2010, 21:19
Im sure there are some who will let their hair down

hair :scratch: or do you mean pants :Oops:

Subike
12th April 2010, 21:22
hair :scratch: or do you mean pants :Oops:

we already know who does that...eh D

_Shrek_
12th April 2010, 21:33
we already know who does that...eh D
:eek: mine eyes mine eyes :shutup:

Ghost_Bullet
12th April 2010, 21:35
Might just be one, Chiefofthehill is disbehaiving at the mo, had to go and post bail.

Ha ha, so Rashika had no choice about having a second child.... Chiefofthehill found those cuffs under your pillow eh?

Clairsky
27th April 2010, 21:05
Just sent and email to book the other half and myself into Tautuku. No excuse not to go to this one. Lots of activities to do during the day. Apart from the usual yapping!

NighthawkNZ
27th April 2010, 21:13
I may go... :/

JMemonic
28th April 2010, 12:28
I may go... :/

Decoding
Decoding
Decoded

Just you try and keep me away...

Message successfully decoded and displayed.

NighthawkNZ
28th April 2010, 22:22
Decoding
Decoding
Decoded

Just you try and keep me away...

Message successfully decoded and displayed.

Ummm do I need to get a new code book or what... :blink: :innocent: :rolleyes::lol:

Clairsky
28th April 2010, 22:28
Ummm do I need to get a new code book or what... :blink: :innocent: :rolleyes::lol:

Well if you have only managed to decode "I may go ..." then you probably do need a new decoder!
Got reply back from Tautuku today. Whole place booked - 88 beds, first in first served. Pay at end. Based on that, we will probably head up after work Friday. Is it too early to start planning now???!!!!

JMemonic
28th April 2010, 22:48
Well if you have only managed to decode "I may go ..." then you probably do need a new decoder!
Got reply back from Tautuku today. Whole place booked - 88 beds, first in first served. Pay at end. Based on that, we will probably head up after work Friday. Is it too early to start planning now???!!!!

What Friday? as in Friday 30th of April? hmm that might be just a little early.

Shadowjack
29th April 2010, 12:31
... Is it too early to start planning now???!!!!

After checking the start date for this thread - Nope

miSTa
29th April 2010, 14:29
Got reply back from Tautuku today. Whole place booked - 88 beds, first in first served. Pay at end.
As I understand it I think Daffyd(?) has booked the whole place for us. There should be no need to make any other bookings (and as your post says the place is booked out). And yes, first in first served - has always been the way.

But I guess this kind of information will always get lost when there's so much dribble spouted and sfa useful information.

far queue
29th April 2010, 18:39
... And yes, first in first served - has always been the way.Danseys wasn't done this way :bleh:

But I guess this kind of information will always get lost when there's so much dribble spouted and sfa useful information.I reckon we could run a sweepstake on how many times someone will ask where it is / how to get there. There's always a few plonkers that ask the same questions over and over because they're too lazy to read :yawn:

Clairsky
29th April 2010, 18:40
As I understand it I think Daffyd(?) has booked the whole place for us. There should be no need to make any other bookings (and as your post says the place is booked out). And yes, first in first served - has always been the way.

But I guess this kind of information will always get lost when there's so much dribble spouted and sfa useful information.

You're right there :yes:

doc
29th April 2010, 18:56
:gob: silence

neels
29th April 2010, 19:04
Hmmmm....

First in first served, might have to go down for Friday and Saturday night to make sure there is a bed available, twice as much fun for me and mrs neels

Ghost_Bullet
29th April 2010, 19:04
I am looking forward to another kb gig. Where is this one being held? I am just at the mo' working ouot fuel stops and stuff, also the route to take. It is a right bugger met veiw does now give us a forcast out that far from now. Today was a beuty ... nice and warm and stuff.
I must also get sorted some chook to bring along... preferably dead and sorted to eat... though live wpould add a little varience to previous years, in the opportunity to get to know dinner. That is the sad thing really... we get to eat dinner without really getting to know the beast we consume. (condolances of course to the vegans)
2010 rally... bring it.

Has there been any decisions on the 2011 rally? it must be looming on time to sort this one out also??? EH?

Ghost_Bullet
29th April 2010, 19:05
:gob: silence

Mmmm you seem a little quiet...

Ghost_Bullet
29th April 2010, 19:08
you will keepKeep me refrigerrated please folks... as seems I am persishable.... LOL

Roger
29th April 2010, 19:14
Hey Dudes no one told me about this . Whats the weather going to be like. I've only just got over the last one. :mellow:

scumdog
29th April 2010, 19:15
I reckon we could run a sweepstake on how many times someone will ask where it is / how to get there. There's always a few plonkers that ask the same questions over and over because they're too lazy to read :yawn:

How do you get to Tautuku?

And how far is it?

:whistle:

Ghost_Bullet
29th April 2010, 19:17
Hey Dudes no one told me about this . Whats the weather going to be like. I've only just got over the last one. :mellow:
Hey Rodge, ya just not tough enough, to easily limp, seems maybe in need of some extra stuffing... or "fill" as it be known..... In fact I would contact 'dangerous' if ya looking for extra fill.... he would have plenty at the mo!!!!!

Jantar
29th April 2010, 19:29

And how far is it?

From your place head south on SH1, and turn LEFT just before the bridge. From there take every right turn (that isn't a "no exit) you come to. Eventually you'll ride right to the entrance. It may just take a week or so to get there.

dangerous
29th April 2010, 21:03
Hmmmm....

First in first served, might have to go down for Friday and Saturday night to make sure there is a bed available, haha, dont know if that idea will work... cos every bastard, duc owner and g Bullet will be doing the same thinking they will beat the crowds, LOL
Last year was our bigest, this place takes over 80 beds... it wont be a problem.

scumdog
29th April 2010, 21:10

I've a good head start on ya......

Winston001
30th April 2010, 09:26

And how far is it?

Yeah thats a toughie for you. Probably best to go to Dunedin and check in with the police station there for directions. You'll find yourself going through Owaka so you'll need your banjo to distract the locals. And I suggest you remove any Captain America items beforehand as well as avoiding pick-up trucks..... :D

doc
30th April 2010, 19:14
And how far is it?:whistle:

Probably best to go to Dunedin and check in with the police station there for directions.

:gob: Faark if ya do beware of the "Flailing willy"

Roger
30th April 2010, 19:20
:gob: "Flailing willy"

:blip: More like a Policemans helmet

fireliv
30th April 2010, 20:34

You just got over the last one my bike is finally running properly since the drenching. But hey all worth it!! I plan on coming but I might have to leave the husband at home since hes buggering of to canada without me!

Jantar
30th April 2010, 20:57

Hey Roger.

I just found these photos of you at your very first rally. The 1985 Cold Kiwi.

Dave-
30th April 2010, 21:23
every time ive been to the catlins it's been cold and wet and misserable.....much like the kb rallies (and rallyers)

should be good then!

Daffyd
30th April 2010, 23:22
I'm pulling all the tricks I can to have the weather right.

dangerous
1st May 2010, 08:47
Hey Roger.

I just found these photos of you at your very first rally. The 1985 Cold Kiwi. TWO farking wire wheels... cool

Jantar
1st May 2010, 11:05
TWO farking wire wheels... cool
Both of them are still around. The one that Roger is on (my old one) is now owned by Katman, and one that Sylvester is riding still has the same owner in Mosgiel.

scumdog
2nd May 2010, 20:59
CB (normajeane) and I went for a pootle:ride: down to Owaka via Kaka Point, CB thought a run from Tautuku up to the K.P. pub/restaurant for the K.B. meal on the Saturday might be a good thing, wotcharekon??:wait:

Daffyd
2nd May 2010, 21:45
Could well be worth a look. Other possibilities are: Niagara Falls, (Niagara); Lumberjack, (Owaka); Catlins Cafe, (Owaka).

fireliv
2nd May 2010, 22:32
CB (normajeane) and I went for a pootle:ride: down to Owaka via Kaka Point, CB thought a run from Tautuku up to the K.P. pub/restaurant for the K.B. meal on the Saturday might be a good thing, wotcharekon??:wait:

Thats my kind of riding!!!

far queue
14th August 2010, 22:39
Only 118 sleeps to go :yawn:

cruza
15th August 2010, 03:35

Yeah ..... isn't the year flying by:blink:. Be a good break this year hopefully return trip by west and east coast,

Rashika
15th August 2010, 07:38
funny I was just thinking about this rally yesterday, might be the only one i get too yet.
Was chatting to my auntie Clair (clairsky on KB) about meeting her there... HAHA just have to call you auntie all the time eh Clair! ;)
cant wait, gonna be a hoot! :Punk:

Daffyd
15th August 2010, 11:32
I had a chat with our local councillor about the road conditions on Friday. He assures me the issues discussed earlier will be addressed.
He has asked me to keep him informed.

xknuts
15th August 2010, 13:27
Fark, just realised I've double booked for that same weekend. Oh the dilema!
What to do, & as one of the "originals" I feel agreived that I may not be there this year:weep:

dangerous
15th August 2010, 17:20
What to do, & as one of the "originals" I feel agreived that I may not be there this year:weep:
of bloody course you will be there, shove ya car gig or wedding shit, you are the origoinal tager ona that the rallys we make happen are all about... kinda like a S/I KB rally mascot is you.

JMemonic
15th August 2010, 17:53

How the hell did you do that? After all the planning was done nearly 12 months in advance, you must be having senior moments.:shifty:

_Shrek_
15th August 2010, 22:02

:shifty: Cold Kiwi's closer 18 :zzzz:

well you still gotta do the badge :blink:

How the hell did you do that? After all the planning was done nearly 12 months in advance, you must be having senior moments.:shifty:

na he's just lost his marbles or is that nuts :innocent:

xknuts
17th August 2010, 07:29
of bloody course you will be there, shove ya car gig .. kinda like a S/I KB rally mascot is you.

WTF are you suggesting?
A mascot? I know Im a senior member but Im not a statue yet :brick:

Yeah, I had a moment alright, ya got that correct :slap: Causing a bid of a headache now.

cruza
17th August 2010, 10:25
Hell I booked leave in jan this year:gob: . some things you just can't miss.......... You know like roger and dangerous:love: or one of HOT's shots......

Roll on KB rally I say...........:yes:

doc
17th August 2010, 12:18
:gob: Rally wot rally ?

NighthawkNZ
17th August 2010, 12:54

Whats a rally?

fireliv
17th August 2010, 16:24
Look like phoenix and I wont make it unless we pull a sickie or just come for 1 night.... stupid Phoenix with his canada trip and lack of leave, stupid stupid stupid. Mind you I aint high on the leave count either.

Damn it :bye:

cruza
17th August 2010, 17:13
Look like phoenix and I wont make it unless we pull a sickie or just come for 1 night.... stupid Phoenix with his canada trip and lack of leave, stupid stupid stupid. Mind you I aint high on the leave count either.

Damn it :bye:

think positive ............sure ya can swing it somehow:yes:

_Shrek_
17th August 2010, 19:12

:shifty: is for south Islanders, norfy's such as your self will need sponsers wiff lot's of :drinkup: Tq shots & must be the good stuff

_Shrek_
17th August 2010, 19:14
we pull a sickie

you already have the answer cya there :Punk:

dangerous
2nd October 2010, 17:14
well... tiz getting closer, almost time to sort shit out... ohh shit still 2 months away :facepalm:

hey just been to the calender to see if its been posted, but im farked if i know how the hell the new system gets me to december, just last and this month shows?

Ghost_Bullet
2nd October 2010, 18:08
well... tiz getting closer, almost time to sort shit out... ohh shit

Indeed, just packed some loo paper... that shall be about all that is needed!!!:blink:

doc
2nd October 2010, 19:41
:shit: Another one. Just got back from the last one

Ghost_Bullet
2nd October 2010, 19:49

No wonder when ya have to push the bike 90% of the way!!!!

98tls
2nd October 2010, 19:51
Indeed, just packed some loo paper... that shall be about all that is needed!!!:blink:

Lippy mate,dont forget the lippy.:innocent:

_Shrek_
3rd October 2010, 14:38

:stupid: that thing that sits in front of you is for putting petrol in :brick: & who said some norfies weren't thick :blink:

No wonder when ya have to push the bike 90% of the way!!!!

:killingme :killingme :killingme me think's he will listen to head office when she suggests to stop & put said gas in :whistle:

Hinny
3rd October 2010, 17:06
Lippy mate...

You talking about GB?

Ghost_Bullet
3rd October 2010, 18:13
You talking about GB?

No no, the lippy is for either the donkey or the goat... you northern lot just would not understand.

FJRider
3rd October 2010, 18:16
No no, the lippy is for either the donkey or the goat... you northern lot just would not understand.

Perhaps ... it's the northerners turn ... to "act" the goat ... :innocent:

Hinny
3rd October 2010, 18:55
Perhaps ... it's the northerners turn ... to "act" the goat ... :innocent:
I am going to have to reassess my desire to come to this rally.

Genie
3rd October 2010, 18:56
Mister Dangerous informed me of this delightful wee rally, said it's one of the best......

Ghost_Bullet
3rd October 2010, 19:14
Mister Dangerous informed me of this delightful wee rally, said it's one of the best......

It WAS one of the best, but since the very first, it has rapidly been heading downhill since then....For certain it wont be long till it reachs Hell. Haha :facepalm:

dangerous
3rd October 2010, 19:27
It WAS one of the best, but since the very first, it has rapidly been heading downhill since then....For certain it wont be long till it reachs Hell. Haha :facepalm:

well... the day after in the past has certainly felt like hell, not this year tho aye :yes:

Ohhh... and GB, may not be anything in it but the very 1st SI KB rally had no north islanders at it :woohoo:

Genie
3rd October 2010, 19:29

Wel then, perhaps I should come ... give the Rally some class.:innocent:

Hinny
3rd October 2010, 20:31
Does sound like a challenge.
I am not going to be the goat however. No matter how much persuasion is involved.

FJRider
3rd October 2010, 20:48

"Mr Dangerous" was incorrect ...

IT IS THE BEST .... :yes: :woohoo: :shutup: :innocent:

FJRider
3rd October 2010, 20:51
Wel then, perhaps I should come ... give the Rally some class.:innocent:

Perhaps you should .... class is in short supply .... most likely only us two will provide it ... :facepalm:

Ghost_Bullet
3rd October 2010, 21:03
Ohhh... and GB, may not be anything in it but the very 1st SI KB rally had no north islanders at it :woohoo:

You are right... and there was another whom made the statement/quote about those being at the first were the "Core" of KB...Mr Sensible/miSTa know what I am talkin about Not sure if the clip below will be veiwable.

<object width="384" height="288" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/222066117570" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/222066117570" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="384" height="288"></embed></object>

KiwiPhoenix
4th October 2010, 11:00
Perhaps you should .... class is in short supply .... most likely only us two will provide it ... :facepalm:

Do we have lower your class when I say about a certain DVD?? :rofl::shit:

Genie
4th October 2010, 11:14
Do we have lower your class when I say about a certain DVD?? :rofl::shit:

So, I'd be the only one with class then????:shutup:

neels
4th October 2010, 11:20
So, I'd be the only one with class then????:shutup:
Nah, dangerous and mrs neels will be there and they're all class, just ask the barman from Kopara :facepalm:

Genie
4th October 2010, 14:29
Nah, dangerous and mrs neels will be there and they're all class, just ask the barman from Kopara :facepalm:

Having not met Mrs Neels I have no comment but Dangerous...yep he is all class, a class of his very own!:facepalm::shit::shutup:

A_Mans_Ruin
4th October 2010, 14:38
Dangerous...yep he is all class, a class of his very own!:facepalm::shit::shutup:

Tehehehehe

Ghost_Bullet
4th October 2010, 16:12
Each of these little things has been sommthing of an experience, very like and very unlike any std rally. I sure am hoping things work out for us this year to get down there. So far so positive. Yaa hoooo.

I have some pictures of those rally past on me webshots page, I wont link to them, if ya really want to look you shall find.

dangerous
4th October 2010, 18:27
Each of these little things has been sommthing of an experience, very like and very unlike any std rally.
True, funny how all 4 have been so different... wonder what this years will bring hahaha... ohhhhhhhh shit.

I have no comment but Dangerous

Nah, dangerous...

Tehehehehe hey you pricks.. I am here ya know :woohoo:

Genie
4th October 2010, 18:49
hey you pricks.. I am here ya know :woohoo:

...................:love:

98tls
4th October 2010, 18:53

SShh mate dont be tellin em anything.Great to see that clip of the 1st one,was a great time indeed.

Ghost_Bullet
4th October 2010, 21:19
SShh mate dont be tellin em anything.Great to see that clip of the 1st one,was a great time indeed.

Yea it was brill eh. I was truely afraid laying between T.W.R and the then Mr Sensible on my first real KB jaunt... Their snoring and the potential unknown violations left me sleepless and afraid.

Shhh?? not sayin a word mate, not a word. Whats this about lippy???

98tls
4th October 2010, 21:32
Yea it was brill eh. I was truely afraid laying between T.W.R and the then Mr Sensible on my first real KB jaunt... Their snoring and the potential unknown violations left me sleepless and afraid.

Shhh?? not sayin a word mate, not a word. Whats this about lippy???

:facepalm:mate, twas not snoring:facepalm:

Subike
4th October 2010, 22:02
You guys could sleep at Kopara ????
Not a problem for me...
But I am sure that I will be on the other side of the camp from..."him' next rally lol
I have lived near a train track...but at least they ony last a few seconds

Jantar
4th October 2010, 22:17
Has anyone heard from Dangerous lately? I hope he can make it to this one. :yes:

98tls
4th October 2010, 22:27
Has anyone heard from Dangerous lately? I hope he can make it to this one. :yes:

He was on here the other night.(last or one before).

dangerous
5th October 2010, 05:21
Of course he can, got another prospective to intro to ya... blonde and blue eyed, so dont ask me what thats about but I will be looking at you all sideways if ya look similer.

anyone know what colour the siliver stalion was befor he went all gay... I mean GREY?

Roger
5th October 2010, 06:18
anyone know what colour the siliver stalion was befor he went all gay... I mean GREY?

You mean the pale lookin one at HOT's party, who is now riding the Greytona ?

Roger
6th October 2010, 16:47
You mean the pale lookin one at HOT's party, who is now riding the Greytona ?

ohh just wana correct my spelling.. thats GAYtona, but then that kinda covers most triumph owners ;)

Sending me tail into the dry cleaners this week so it will be all sterile for the unexpecting s/i KB rally virgins (and Triumph riders)

scumdog
6th October 2010, 18:42
Hi Fellas and Fellasses and Fellatioists, I've just got some scrummy bottoms-less chaps while in the US of A - oh my, won't THEY look sweet next morning when I'm packing up, eh Roger??:blink::msn-wink: