PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if...

69Norton
20th December 2009, 21:25
are there regular rides in the Auckland area for Brit classics?
Would be quite keen to get out and about with others.

Im not sure my 650 donk could keep up with the Hayabusas etc....:scooter:

Voltaire
20th December 2009, 21:31
You could check out the BFTP social group, pre 90 bikes, I often take my BMW r50/5...even did the Coro loop recently.:gob:

Mainly Suzukis....with a couple of Italians and a kraut or two.
Might give me some motivation to get my T110 going.

Badcat
20th December 2009, 22:02
are there regular rides in the Auckland area for Brit classics?
Would be quite keen to get out and about with others.

Im not sure my 650 donk could keep up with the Hayabusas etc....:scooter:

go down to deus in the weekend - lots of retro/classic boys there - often they meet for breakfast/coffee and ride out from deus.

K

Winston001
20th December 2009, 22:35
I assume you just pick a sympathetic motorcycle shop and circle around the block until somebody need the mechanic.....:innocent:

Dodgyiti
21st December 2009, 07:01
You could check out the BFTP social group, pre 90 bikes, I often take my BMW r50/5...even did the Coro loop recently.

Yep, Blast from the Past - we ride them not hide them.
I also took my wee old Guzzi on the Coro Loop recently, never made it all the way around... but the crew look after their own:hug: and I got her back home safe to try again next time.
Look forward to meeting you on a ride...

Regards,

Mike.

WayneO
10th January 2010, 18:43
Hi. The Auckland group of Norton owners club used to do regular rides. That was about 10 years ago tho. They may still. Nice bunch of blokes and there wasnt just Nortons, any body could join in. And if you see a guy riding a P11 tell him I would love to buy it back off him. Got rid of the girl so I want my bike back. lol.

ntst8
11th January 2010, 18:42
69 Norton,

last i heard the Auckland rides for the Norton Owners club had fallen over although that was a year or so back, if you are interested i could pm you the contact details for the Auckland area rep.
Also if interested the next Norton Owners Club rally is near Matauri Bay in mid Feb, details on nocnz.org.nz There are normally a number of Auckland members at the rallys.

Mudfart
13th February 2010, 05:26
do any of you people know if there is an authorised norton importer here in NZ?
Im curious about the new commando. Can't find anything on google.

Edbear
13th February 2010, 18:18
Somehow the words, "regular rides" and "Brit classics".... :whistle: