PDA

View Full Version : Boulder in the pit my stomach!

Brownbikerbabe
21st December 2009, 11:10
Sorry to post this on a motorcycle site...but I feel sick...I just happened to be on KB browsing...

I just received bad news tonight, a co-worker who I really liked and had a great time with her and could relate to her in many life situations is dying of Cervical Cancer. I knew she was sick and was having radiation, she wasn't the type that wants everyone to know her business....she fought breast cancer already a few years ago and just recently discovered it was in her Uterus as well, but no one knew, I am sure she thought she'd receive chemo and be back at work again after her treatments. I just received a call from a friend (who apparently just phoned to ask how I was doing, I am off work with a shoulder injury...)

Anyway, she told me that our co-worker was in intensive care, intubated, that she had had a stroke and will probably dye in the next day or so...I feel awful, why didn't I call her more, or go to see her...now if I go to see her she won't even know that I was there...her husband and her mother have already made all the funeral arrangements. That alone, hit me like a rock....WHAT? people are making arrangement to bury her...

She is only 51 years old.

I feel like a terrible person, because I will not have a chance to say goodbye to this fun loving person.

We were not friends outside of work, just co-workers, but still....I felt a connection with her and I always had a laugh with her...she was never shy about telling me if my arse was getting bigger, or that I looked like crap...that I needed to get back in the gym...or if I was playing on the computer instead of working...and I would do the same with her...joking around, always making fun of one another.

We are nurses and see people pass all the time...I know dying is a part of living, but it is hard when it happens to someone you know.

When it comes to your health, please ladies and gentlemen...if something doesn't feel right to you...please have it checked out!!

My friend is dying because they left it too long...

Thanks for reading...

Pussy
21st December 2009, 11:14
The only comment I can make here is:
If someone means something to you, let them know! Now! Don't wait until they are in a box

Nasty
21st December 2009, 11:15
Thoughts are with you and your collegue at this time ... life sux the big one at times .. but as pussy said .. let them know how much they mean to you.

crazyhorse
21st December 2009, 11:15
I hope you do get a chance to say good-bye. Your post has made me think about things............ yet again.

The old saying of: Never put off tomorrow, what you can do today, is all too true :)

Edbear
21st December 2009, 11:18
Sorry to post this on a motorcycle site...but I feel sick...I just happened to be on KB browsing...

I just received bad news tonight, a co-worker who I really liked and had a great time with her and could relate to her in many life situations is dying of Cervical Cancer. I knew she was sick and was having radiation, she wasn't the type that wants everyone to know her business....she fought breast cancer already a few years ago and just recently discovered it was in her Uterus as well, but no one knew, I am sure she thought she'd receive chemo and be back at work again after her treatments. I just received a call from a friend (who apparently just phoned to ask how I was doing, I am off work with a shoulder injury...)

Anyway, she told me that our co-worker was in intensive care, intubated, that she had had a stroke and will probably dye in the next day or so...I feel awful, why didn't I call her more, or go to see her...now if I go to see her she won't even know that I was there...her husband and her mother have already made all the funeral arrangements. That alone, hit me like a rock....WHAT? people are making arrangement to bury her...

She is only 51 years old.

I feel like a terrible person, because I will not have a chance to say goodbye to this fun loving person.

We were not friends outside of work, just co-workers, but still....I felt a connection with her and I always had a laugh with her...she was never shy about telling me if my arse was getting bigger, or that I looked like crap...that I needed to get back in the gym...or if I was playing on the computer instead of working...and I would do the same with her...joking around, always making fun of one another.

We are nurses and see people pass all the time...I know dying is a part of living, but it is hard when it happens to someone you know.

When it comes to your health, please ladies and gentlemen...if something doesn't feel right to you...please have it checked out!!

My friend is dying because they left it too long...

Thanks for reading...

Sympathies. I know how you feel, I had a similar thing happen a few years ago and I swore I'd never let that happen again. I've lost family and friends and since then I always strive to ensure I've kept in close touch during those very hard times. Don't beat yourself up over it, but if you let the family know your condolences they will no doubt apprectiate it.

The only comment I can make here is:
If someone means something to you, let them know! Now! Don't wait until they are in a box

+1