PDA

View Full Version : Ruapuna National Points, Bucket race

Bren_chch
21st December 2009, 18:12
Hey All

We have been offered the A circuit (tri-oval) for what will be a 15min F4 race which will be run at the National Points Series - Round 1 event which is to be held at the Ruapuna Raceway, January 15th – 17th.

If there is enough interest from the bucket community then we will be racing on the 17th which is a Sunday and the day of the NZ GP race.

This invitation is extended to all F4 riders who have a full race licence and who have completed 3 or more race events.

The cost is $10.00 which will also give you a special discounted price 2 day pass so you can enjoy the racing on both Saturday and Sunday.

Please reply ASAP with registration of interest so we can get an idea on numbers. Also note that there may be a limit to the amount of bikes/riders we can have on the grid so don’t delay.

We will also need 4 flag marshals so if anyone is keen to help with that then please let us know.

Regards
Brendan / BMRC

gav
21st December 2009, 18:35
Woohoo!!

I've just had a phone call from Robbie Bugden wanting to borrow my bucket to race in this!

OK, maybe it wasnt him ...... :Oops:

Awesome stuff, so a round in the Nats next year then, Bren?

Buckets4Me
21st December 2009, 19:11
Woohoo!!

I've just had a phone call from Robbie Bugden wanting to borrow my bucket to race in this!

Awesome stuff, so a round in the Nats next year then, Bren?

wonder if he can head off Avalon on a decent bucket not a hand change smoker :innocent:

will have to see how Taupo goes and if she is racing down there
might just have to ask her to try again

Bren_chch
21st December 2009, 19:12
;)

So that a yes from you Gav?

White trash
21st December 2009, 19:20
Buckets aren't racebikes.

In fact I've just asked that the mods move the buckets forum to rant or rave.....

You're welcome.

gav
21st December 2009, 19:25
hmmmmm

Bike: HSV Senator

:Oops:

:innocent:

White trash
21st December 2009, 19:27
hmmmmm

Bike: HSV Senator

:Oops:

:innocent:
LOL. Only jokes big fella.

For the record I do own a bike, just too embarassed to tell what it is.......

Pumba
21st December 2009, 19:28
Buckets aren't racebikes.

In fact I've just asked that the mods move the buckets forum to rant or rave.....

You're welcome.

Come on Trash surely you have put better bait on the hook than that if you want a bite:bye:

White trash
21st December 2009, 19:48
Haven't had enough bourbon tonight mate :D

All good though, I know the bucket racing scene is a hell of alot better subscribed to than any other road racing class. Not all due to the cost either.

gav
21st December 2009, 19:51
LOL. Only jokes big fella.

For the record I do own a bike, just too embarassed to tell what it is.......

Hehehe, all good mate, Im sure we can find a bike for ya, if ya down this way!

Kickaha
21st December 2009, 19:51
All good though, I know the bucket racing scene is a hell of alot better subscribed to than any other road racing class. Not all due to the cost either.

It's because it's the premier class you homo

Skunk
21st December 2009, 20:14
This invitation is extended to all F4 riders who have a full race licence and who have completed 3 or more race events.
Bugger - no race license currently...

Monkeynz
21st December 2009, 20:18
I'm gutted, I thought I might get my first race of the year in but I won't qualify just yet due to my racing virginity. I'm still trying to wrangle getting to Levels but might have to leave that until another meeting during the year. All the best to you real racers, I'll get there one day, :rockon:

White trash
21st December 2009, 20:29
Hehehe, all good mate, Im sure we can find a bike for ya, if ya down this way!

LOL. mate, you know me. All talk, no action. I wouldn't dare let my ego take the hiding it so desperately deserves by accepting any such gracious offers

It's because it's the premier class you homo

Premier class for kids and dropkicks that need three wheelers to stay upright.

TonyB
21st December 2009, 20:34
Count this dropkick in.
Whoever pulled this off is a legend

gav
21st December 2009, 20:49
Don't worry TonyB, we'll be supporting the World Superbikes at Hampton Downs next! :rockon: James Toseland is bring an R125 just for the event!! :yes:

Bren_chch
21st December 2009, 20:57
Don't worry TonyB, we'll be supporting the World Superbikes at Hampton Downs next! :rockon: James Toseland is bring an R125 just for the event!! :yes:

you'll kick his arse late braking Gav!

timg
21st December 2009, 21:31
Awwww bugger :crybaby: got sumething else happening thet weekend :angry2:

gav
21st December 2009, 21:58
Awwww bugger :crybaby: got sumething else happening thet weekend :angry2:
So theres an extra FXR up for grabs then? cool! :scooter:

Yow Ling
22nd December 2009, 05:12
So theres an extra FXR up for grabs then? cool! :scooter:

Thats James Smith sorted then !

Ghost_Bullet
22nd December 2009, 08:23
Going to give this thing some consideration, cant say 100% right now, but sure like the idea.

Adam_B
22nd December 2009, 09:20
I'll be in. As long as I can get the footpeg sorted in time.

Hmmm if I grab Timg's foot peg then James Smith can have the rest of the bike... Na, he'd still beat me

k14
22nd December 2009, 09:38
Tentatively count me in, need to get my other bike running first and then work out how to fit two of them in the van!

Buddha#81
22nd December 2009, 15:04
fook yeah Im in......and the tri oval, should be madness!

Bren_chch
28th December 2009, 20:17
ok we got

** LOADS **

Cheers
B

TonyB
29th December 2009, 07:31
MrsB has decreed that I 'have to be good' to be allowed to spend the $10 and race....

Kickaha
29th December 2009, 07:35
MrsB has decreed that I 'have to be good' to be allowed to spend the $10 and race....

I'll lend it to you:whistle:

Bren_chch
7th January 2010, 20:27
Here is the entry form >> ENTRY FORM (http://www.fxr150.co.nz/discussion/download/file.php?id=430). Complete the form and make payment then send the completed form to me at brendan@hyper.net.nz, payment details are displayed on the entry form.

THE LAST DAY FOR ENTRY IS MONDAY THE 11th, SO YOU NEED TO HAVE COMPLETED THE ENTRY FORM AND MADE PAYMENT BEFORE OR ON THAT DATE.

I will be at Levels this weekend with CAMs if you have paid and want to collect your ticket, if you dont make levels then you will need to catch me in the week. Remember these special tickets also provide you with a weekend pass so you can enjoy watching the racing on Saturday and Sunday.
;)

Bren_chch
10th January 2010, 12:11
ok we have confirmed

Dan Ornsby - Fxr150 #
Miriam White-Ornsby - Fxr150 #
Tristan W - Fxr150 #66
Adam B - Fxr150 #28
Mary-lou - Fxr150 #29
Vanessa W.G - TZ50 #7
Trevor D - Keeyway 150 #2
Gavin M - FXR150 #27
Neil M - Loncin/Honda 150 #95
Andy Mac - FXR150 #33
Tony Mac - FXR150 #67
Miles Ritchie - FXR150 #32
Tony B - FXR150 #159
Brendan B - TZR/FXR150 #72
Mike S - TZR/FXR150 #88
Brent C - FXR150 #81
Neil B - RS/MB100 #57
Brian Ashworth - CBR150 #25
Angela Bunk - CBR150 #251
Nick Cain - 'Need Entry form' CBR150 #3
Jock Woodley Fxr150 #17
Matthew Hoogenboezem
Mitch Boss Fxr150 #45

Whoever has not got tickets can come and collect from me in the week, or make use of your 2 day entry and meet me at the ruapuna gates on saturday for some gret racing viewing, i'll set a time later in the week, i'll also send out a newsletter with more information.

If anyone you know can help with being a flag marshall for 15mins then they can have a weekend pass for $10.00, pretty damn good deal, thanks to MCI www.mci.net.nz we need FOUR marshals and well will tell you how the flag system works on the day.

Cheers

Ghost_Bullet
10th January 2010, 18:25
Sadly for I, work commitments have me somewhat grounded. I cant even get out for a look let alone hold a flag... :(

gav
10th January 2010, 20:42
Have all those riders get there 3 stamps in there log books?

Bren_chch
10th January 2010, 21:28
can u spot someone?

Bren_chch
11th January 2010, 19:05
ok - bit of an update

Mick Ruane (MCI club president) will be setting us up some space for Sunday and I suspect it will be down the far end by the drive school.

We will all need to be there and setup for Sunday morning so we are fully organised in plenty of time, I suggest that a 9am arrival would be a good time to get there, get setup in our area and enjoy some racing from the hillside.

When we are called up we need to make sure all buckets will be at the pitlane entrance for the start of the tri-oval fun race.

We will line up to the left side of entrance (near the clubrooms) so the right side is clear for any incoming track traffic.

There are still no volunteers for flag marshals. i don't want to sound like the bears club but basically if we don't get any we don't race because the official flag marshal for the NZGP will be on lunch break.

I will sort and brief riders on grid positions before the event.

We will do a 1 lap warm up then grid up and start on a flag drop.

When the finish flag has dropped we will complete our lap and pull off at the clubroom end.

It will be announced at various times on Sunday that there will be a 15min fun race to watch at lunch time provided by the ‘Bucket Motorcycle Racing Club’.

Cheers
Brendan

Bren_chch
13th January 2010, 18:47
We have 23 riders for the lunchtime fun race.

We now have four flag marshals so thanks to them for their time.

If you have paid your entry but not received your entry ticket then you need to contact my via email, that way I can leave your ticket at the gate from Saturday morning for you to pickup over the weekend.

I'll have the start grid set, drawn up and on display for the Sunday so when you see it take note of who you are next to.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Few names missing off this so its not final but its close to it!

Grid for Sunday:

Row 1:Adam B - Fxr150 #28, Brent C - FXR150 #81, Tristan W - Fxr150 #66, Angela Bunk - CBR150 #251, Tony Mac - FXR150 #67

Row 2:
Brendan B - TZR/FXR150 #72, Andy Mac - FXR150 #33, Brian Ashworth - CBR150 #25, Mike S - TZR/FXR150 #88, Neil B - RS/MB100 #57

Row 3:
Jock Woodley Fxr150 #17, Dan Ornsby - Fxr150 #, Miriam White-Ornsby - Fxr150 #, Tony B - FXR150 #159, Gavin M - FXR150 #27

Row 4:
Vanessa W.G - TZ50 #7, Neil M - Loncin/Honda 150 #95, Trevor D - Keeyway 150 #2, Miles Ritchie - FXR150 #32

Row 5: Matthew Hoogenboezem, Mitch Boss Fxr150 #45

gav
13th January 2010, 19:58
They should be advertising us on TV to get the crowds along :)

Bren_chch
13th January 2010, 20:05
lol! :laugh:

=cJ=
13th January 2010, 21:26
If you need another volunteer/dogsbody/flag guy, I should be floating round if needed. :-)

Suzi Q
14th January 2010, 19:59
I have been debating wether to race or not, glen is now home and he does want to get out to the track to watch. Hopefully we can get my bike out there early and I can just turn up and race!

TonyB
14th January 2010, 20:04
I have been debating wether to race or not, glen is now home and he does want to get out to the track to watch. Hopefully we can get my bike out there early and I can just turn up and race!

I'll take your bike out if you want. Can swing by on my way.

Bren_chch
16th January 2010, 20:16
NEWSFLASH...
Pits for buckets will be on the left before you enter the main pit area, gates will be unlocked and signs will be posted.

Kickaha
17th January 2010, 06:08
NEWSFLASH...
Pits for buckets will be on the left before you enter the main pit area, gates will be unlocked and signs will be posted.

Good idea, keep the filthy bucket racing mongrels away from the real racers (all 5 of us) :bleh:

gav
17th January 2010, 19:12
Thanks to all involved in making this happen. Was a fun race despite the conditions. Hopefully we put on a good show for the crowd :)

Monkeynz
17th January 2010, 19:23
It was great watching you guys riding around, some very gingerly. I did however wish I was out there with you but i think I would have been one of the ones riding gingerly too.

Kickaha
17th January 2010, 19:28
Looked good from where I was standing (up in the hospitality lounge with free snacks and drinks)

Bren_chch
17th January 2010, 19:51
lol... how did u blag your way in there?

Muzzab
17th January 2010, 20:27
How did it go? look forward to a write up and pic's and video. Weather not to flash eh?
Would have been great to be there, but with school holidays and me back at work during the week I wouldn't
even suggest popping over the hill for the weekend. I did fire up a two stroke though, took the boat to
the lake lol.....not quite the same and the sun burn is starting to really heat up.

Cheers
Muzza

=cJ=
17th January 2010, 21:07
Looked absolutely brilliant. I dragged my girl and her folks along to watch and they seemed mighty impressed with the whole spectacle.

Much mention was made about the two stokes (all what, two or three that there were :p )

Monkeynz
18th January 2010, 20:17
Looked absolutely brilliant. I dragged my girl and her folks along to watch and they seemed mighty impressed with the whole spectacle.

Much mention was made about the two stokes (all what, two or three that there were :p )

You could definitely smell them, the 2 strokes that is!

Muzzab
18th January 2010, 21:31
You could definitely smell them, the 2 strokes that is!

Ha ha.....it adds to the experiance.....imagine a fart that was only noise....only half the fun.:yes:

SS90
19th January 2010, 01:23
Thats James Smith sorted then !

"pimpy Jim" on a bucket?

Pah, that will be the day............