PDA

View Full Version : A bit about myself

zadok
2nd May 2005, 02:18
My first bike was a Suzuki ER185. When I went to Oz in Nov '85 I got a Honda CB25RS, followed by a Yamaha XZ550, then a Kawasaki Z750. My current bike is a 1990 built, 1991 registered Honda NTV650M. I have clocked up 116,000km trouble free motoring on it now. Oz stopped selling it after I bought mine, but the later model (Deauville, with fairing) is still popular in Europe (see link).
I always use full synthetic oil when I get it serviced, usually Motul.
In 1981 I went to the Isle of Man to watch the TT racing. This is one place that any bike enthusiast must go at least once in their lifetime. Great atmosphere, wall to wall bikes and plenty to see and do. The year I was there the 'Senior' and 'Classic' races were won by a Kiwi, Graeme Crosby (Super Croz) - Bonus! Anyone on the forum there at that time? The winner of the 'Classic' is put on the next 50p coin. I meant to order one but forgot (Drats!). A footnote to this is that another Kiwi, Denis Ireland, won the 'classic' the very next year!
That will do for my first post for now. Hope to have some interesting chats.

Biff
2nd May 2005, 13:05
Welcome :niceone:

sels1
2nd May 2005, 13:18
. The year I was there the 'Senior' and 'Classic' races were won by a Kiwi, Graeme Crosby (Super Croz) - Bonus! Anyone on the forum there at that time? .

Watched Crosby race at Brands Hatch (UK) a few months before that. (I think...it was a while ago!)

Welcome to the site

magnum
13th May 2005, 22:20
hi and welcome.

GSVR
15th May 2005, 14:35
Welcome zadok.

Great to find an australian with an appreciation for NZ motorcycling talent.
You could have done a rave about Mick Doohan.

Hitcher
15th May 2005, 15:05
All bikers welcome to our humble gargre, including Aussies. No sheep jokes and clean up after yourself...

Matt Bleck
15th May 2005, 19:29
welcome :D

badlieutenant
16th May 2005, 00:35
turn back now...too late :D welcome :D

zadok
16th May 2005, 01:33
I was actually brought up in Tauranga and I have a NZ passport.
Thanks anyway fellas. So don't worry, there won't be any sheep jokes. I read with interest the thread about BOP riders getting together. There seems to be a fair few and if I was there I would Have been in on it.
Marty :ride:

justsomeguy
16th May 2005, 02:17
Welcome.:D

By the way what does Zadok mean??

LB
16th May 2005, 05:02
Hi Zadok and welcome to the site.

I wasn't there when Croz/Denis Ireland were at the IOM, but I can remember the events.

zadok
16th May 2005, 10:09
Welcome.:D

By the way what does Zadok mean??

It's from the Bible (O/T). Total of eight of them.
Meaning: Righteous

Marty :ride:

g34l
30th May 2005, 21:39
what a great range of bikes you have!! considering i am having my first bike..... anyway i am proud of my biike and welcome.