PDA

View Full Version : Creating a state inside the state

carver
23rd December 2009, 16:40
Would it be feasable to create a seperate country free from the crowns rule inside NZ?

Ixion
23rd December 2009, 16:41
Nope. HM the Queen holds sovereignty over the whole of NZ. Anyone attempting to set up a separate state would , ipso facto, be quilty of treason.

Maha
23rd December 2009, 16:41
Perhaps on a smaller scale.......um how about 'Carvertown'?
You could be Lord Mayor and local Prostitute at the same time.

James Deuce
23rd December 2009, 16:42
The Republic of Whangamomona already exists.

Viva la Republica!

carver
23rd December 2009, 16:43
Nope. HM the Queen holds sovereignty over the whole of NZ. Anyone attempting to set up a separate state would , ipso facto, be quilty of treason.

so would one have to get permission from her?

Ixion
23rd December 2009, 16:46
Yep. You could of course ask her to set up an separate fiefdom, and create you ruler of it - say, Duke Carver of the Tron.

There is precedent - Duke Richard of Cornwall, first English Duke, later King of the Romans.

Also, the semi-independant territories granted in British North America to, eg, the Earl of Baltimore. And Rajah Brooke of Sarawak.

the Earls of Derby were suzerein lords of a semi indepenant Isle of man for many centuries.

scissorhands
23rd December 2009, 17:01
Removing ones consciousness by drinking and stoning is what many people settle for. Maybe you just need to learn how to bond to your captors.

http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Capture-bonding

Capture-bonding is a hypothetical construct based in evolutionary psychology to explain Stockholm syndrome. It is a hypothetical construct that proports to describe an evolutionary-based psychological mechanism exemplified by the behavior of Elizabeth Smart in Salt Lake City in 2003 or that of Patty Hearst when she was abducted in 1974. In both cases the victims bonded to their captors and resisted leaving them. The evolutionary origin of this psychological phenomenon is hypothesized to come from evolutionary selection. The hypothesis is that ancient humans, usually female, were commonly and often violently captured from one tribe by another. Those who had the psychological traits (posited to be a gene-based mechanisms) that led them to socially reorient after a few days (i.e., bond) to their captors survived to pass on the trait. Those who continued to resist, because they didn't have this trait, often may not have reproduced.

Ixion
23rd December 2009, 17:03
Removing ones consciousness by drinking and stoning is what many people settle for. Maybe you just need to learn how to bond to your captors.

My Kingdom is not of this world ........

tri boy
23rd December 2009, 17:12
Yep. You could of course ask her to set up an separate fiefdom, and create you ruler of it - say, Duke Carver of the Tron.

There is precedent - Duke Richard of Cornwall, first English Duke, later King of the Romans.

Also, the semi-independant territories granted in British North America to, eg, the Earl of Baltimore. And Rajah Brooke of Sarawak.

the Earls of Derby were suzerein lords of a semi indepenant Isle of man for many centuries.

Are you ever afraid that one morning you will wake up and find you have used up all of your knowledge?:cool:

R6_kid
23rd December 2009, 17:13
You're talking to the wrong people. Ask Tama Iti. I heard he tried but didn't do too well.

XRVrider
23rd December 2009, 17:26
Doubt that ol Queeny knows about Whangamomona... spose that may be because the Republic was always tongue in cheek anyway.

Remember what happened to the Argies when they took up residence in the Falklands... she wont just give you permission to conquer NZ in any way.

However I can think of a few areas that would do well to be, lets say... separated (not a nice term "segregated") Would have its benefits though, if you know what I mean.

carver
23rd December 2009, 17:51
You're talking to the wrong people. Ask Tama Iti. I heard he tried but didn't do too well.

but he tried to do it by force!

R6_kid
23rd December 2009, 17:57
You think they'll just let you set it up and tell the cops to fuck off from your 'state'?

These things don't tend to go too smoothly. Isreal and Palestine have been fighting for years about this exact same idea.

scissorhands
23rd December 2009, 18:03
Then there are the communes, usually the charasmatic leader screws the females and it falls apart. Burt Potter went that one step further...

I imagine its difficult with the neighbours too

p.dath
23rd December 2009, 18:04
so would one have to get permission from her?

You could issue a declaration of war, conquer the territory, and then ask the UN for official recognition.

Kinda like Fiji ...

wbks
23rd December 2009, 18:07
but he tried to do it by force!Just set up a village like the hippies do, only more bikes and less gay, and have your own unofficial set of rules. They tend to lable communities that avoid "crown" contact as "cults" tho... Maybe build a 3-4km track and start a biker cult?

Hitcher
23rd December 2009, 18:10
Would it be feasable to create a seperate country free from the crowns rule inside NZ?

Yes. The New Zealand Government can pass whatever enabling legislation it likes.

steve_t
23rd December 2009, 18:10
You could try to overthrow the rule in Tuhoe... aren't some of those guys trying to be a state within the state?
Or you could start your own religion or overthrow Destiny Church. With the tithing you get, you could buy a fair whack of land somewhere... or if you want to be like Pastor Brian, you could buy a massive house and a mega massive yacht while claiming to live a very modest lifestyle :buggerd::hug:

p.dath
23rd December 2009, 18:12
You could just hop in a boat, and go live out in international waters ...

wbks
23rd December 2009, 18:13
Carver, are you one of these young "create a state" guys who slowly grows to become an "activist", then terrorist?

FJRider
23rd December 2009, 18:18
You could be Lord Mayor and local Prostitute at the same time.

All "States" need a source of income ... (thats as good as any) what tax rate are you intending to have in your "State" ... ???

FJRider
23rd December 2009, 18:20

200 km's out ... good idea ... :2thumbsup

Genestho
23rd December 2009, 18:39
http://jennifersaylor.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/commune.jpg

:scratch: Is it more of a commune you're after there Carver?

Hitcher
23rd December 2009, 18:49

There's a big difference between living outside the authority of a state and creating a state within a state. A state is a legally constituted entity whose authority is recognised by other states.

carver
23rd December 2009, 19:37
Carver, are you one of these young "create a state" guys who slowly grows to become an "activist", then terrorist?

yes

Just set up a village like the hippies do, only more bikes and less gay, and have your own unofficial set of rules. They tend to lable communities that avoid "crown" contact as "cults" tho... Maybe build a 3-4km track and start a biker cult?

I had a tax haven in mind

wbks
23rd December 2009, 19:41
I thought the mormon few had been quiet, and figured it was because i took one of ya bikes, but now i know you're just on the lowdown before creating a mormon republic

Ixion
23rd December 2009, 19:42
There's a big difference between living outside the authority of a state and creating a state within a state. A state is a legally constituted entity whose authority is recognised by other states.

To divest oneself of the authority of the state is not as simple as it seems. As the late Mr Joyce discovered.

carver
23rd December 2009, 20:15
I thought the mormon few had been quiet, and figured it was because i took one of ya bikes, but now i know you're just on the lowdown before creating a mormon republic

nope, sidewinder is on the low down

Rules for the crew

you must have

A bike
A job

we came up with those.

ajturbo
23rd December 2009, 20:39
hell.... sidewinder still alive???

not heard or seen him since that photo on face book.....

thought he went into hiding.. or hung himself...

davebullet
23rd December 2009, 20:46
Carver, carver, calm down. Seems to me your are working yourself into a bit of a State!

davebullet
23rd December 2009, 20:48
Unfortunately, ACC levies will still find a way of sneaking in and tracking you down.

carver
24th December 2009, 08:35
hell.... sidewinder still alive???

not heard or seen him since that photo on face book.....

thought he went into hiding.. or hung himself...

I think so, if he has no work he is usually on here or FB alot

he might be hiding from something!

Unfortunately, ACC levies will still find a way of sneaking in and tracking you down.

Or just taxes eh!