PDA

View Full Version : Watch out guys n gals. The STUPID days are here

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 21:37
Folks itll pay to be extra carefull if you have to be out on the roads tomorrow.
EVERYBODYS head just plum seeems to be full of all the stresses of christmas.
yea sorry to those that have heard it before but the last few days the nutters seem to be everywhere.

gammaguy
23rd December 2009, 21:49
went for a great ride tonight with the KB crew,on the Wednesday night ride.

Bike now safely locked away in the garage,away from bargain hunting shoppers,slow as a wet week camper vans,pilled out backpackers in cheap rentals,old ladies who would be dangerous in charge of a toilet seat let alone a car......oh,and born again riders who think they are Rossi just because they can afford a replica helmet.

ill come back out when you have all gone,mmkay?:cool:

MadDuck
23rd December 2009, 21:49
Folks itll pay to be extra carefull if you have to be out on the roads tomorrow.

Roads? I suggest people take care in the malls. Ill disciplined kids running riot, screaming and being obnoxious!

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 21:56
:whistle:
Roads? I suggest people take care in the malls. Ill disciplined kids running riot, screaming and being obnoxious!
I actually sent a flyer around all the hibiscus coast malls saying "free daycare at P@#@# S#$#" for christmas eve.
see madduck for details
:whistle::whistle:

MadDuck
23rd December 2009, 21:58
I actually sent a flyer around all the hibiscus coast malls saying "free daycare at P@#@# S#$#" for christmas eve.
see madduck for details

Yeah thanks for that Frosty. It seems to have worked :mad:

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 21:59
Yeah thanks for that Frosty. It seems to have worked :mad:
Merry christmas ducky :2thumbsup

lanci
23rd December 2009, 22:03
I'm riding to Whangamata on the 31st and am expecting to come across some dumb shit on the way down. Guess I'll just ride to the speed limit and keep an eye out for the dodgy overtakers... Keep safe all.

MadDuck
23rd December 2009, 22:06
Merry christmas ducky :2thumbsup

Cheers. And a Merry Christmas to you and Jorja and the boys. Just keep them lads of yours off the Coast mmkay?

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 22:15
Cheers. And a Merry Christmas to you and Jorja and the boys. Just keep them lads of yours off the Coast mmkay?
Sorry ducky mangawhai and 2 weeks of trail bike riding is beckoning them

DarkLord
23rd December 2009, 23:51
Off to Tauranga tomorrow on the mighty SV, will have my wits about me more than usual of course. I've nearly come to grief a few times already on that trip due to car drivers passing in dodgy situations.

Keep safe y'all and lets all aim for a bin-free 2010.

The Pastor
24th December 2009, 00:10
having a few beers before you travell makes you more relaxed and able to cope with these people.

DarkLord
24th December 2009, 00:15
having a few beers before you travell makes you more relaxed and able to cope with these people.

Good advice RM.

I've also heard that most accidents happen within the first 1-2 km away from home, so, obviously, the best way to avoid that is to ride as fast as humanly possible for that first 1-2 km so you get them out of the way nice and quickly.

:p

CookMySock
24th December 2009, 05:52
Last xmas I was on the road xmas day (8 hour trip), and the road was fucken EMPTY. Couldn't believe it actually. Hopefully things are sane today - my learner daughter is on her first unsupervised trip to aucks. Shes pretty competant and confident, and I'm expecting the roads to be empty (northbound SH27/SH1) this morning.

Steve

steel001
24th December 2009, 06:07
Last xmas I was on the road xmas day (8 hour trip), and the road was fucken EMPTY. Couldn't believe it actually. Hopefully things are sane today - my learner daughter is on her first unsupervised trip to aucks. Shes pretty competant and confident, and I'm expecting the roads to be empty (northbound SH27/SH1) this morning.

Steve

If she needs a place to stay....

pritch
24th December 2009, 06:32
who think they are Rossi just because they can afford a replica helmet.

Don't start picking on me just because you can't :whistle:

Insanity_rules
24th December 2009, 06:44
The urban motorway was a ghost town here this morning, had fastest trip into the city I've ever had. Slightly disturbing!

James Deuce
24th December 2009, 06:46
Did my first stoppie in aaaages last night. Dude in an SUV is filled to the gunwhales with holiday crap. He can't see out of his side windows.

He used the Force to sense a gap in the traffic and rocketed out of the Thorndon New World carpark (must've been stocking up on beer or absinthe or something) right in front of the car in front of me to get onto the motorway on ramp.

I had just been distracted by some, ahem, Christmas Boobs and glanced back to see Darth Pajero jamming the poor woman in front of me into parked cars.

When the back wheel plopped back onto the tarmac, my mate Al was standing there laughing. Then he said, "Did you see that chick?"

Good old Al.

The Everlasting
24th December 2009, 07:12
It's not much worse than usual!

Unless your in the mall carpark..:laugh:

Tank
24th December 2009, 10:15
my learner daughter is on her first unsupervised trip to aucks.

Sweeet fresh meat !

Got a pic?

Tank
24th December 2009, 10:23
Update:

That didnt take long - apparently shes in Aucks and has been tracked down and given a bit of KB lovin.

Wonder who taped it?

george formby
24th December 2009, 10:36
Soooo true, the numptys are arriving thick & fast up here. 2 burnouts before 9am outside the shop, a hi-lux & a boy retard doof doof. The campervans are doing emergency stops from 20kmh when they spy something, blissed out pedestrians are launching themselves across the road, head down, texting Uncle Wolfgang about a hot Christmas. The feds are scrupulously topping up their holiday bonus. The beach & pavement are strewn with bikini clad nubiles being watched by drivers old enough to know better. Last minute delivery trucks fire themselves backwards onto the road right in front of you (when oggling said bikini clad nubiles) & the tar has melted. Nobody here knows that using a mobile while driving is illegal. The cars are full of kids dropping ice cream & arguing, mum is facing away from the windscreen..
I'm heading down to Auks tomorrow, might be safer.
Have a joyful, safe holiday all.

suckingair
24th December 2009, 10:54
Good advice RM.

I've also heard that most accidents happen within the first 1-2 km away from home, so, obviously, the best way to avoid that is to ride as fast as humanly possible for that first 1-2 km so you get them out of the way nice and quickly.

:p

Following the above advise got me to work in super-quick time..
I had to hang around out side in order not to look bad, who wants to get to work early on the LAST da ?

pzkpfw
24th December 2009, 11:35
Last xmas I was on the road xmas day (8 hour trip), and the road was fucken EMPTY. Couldn't believe it actually.

I think it's often that way. Most people who have to be somewhere for xmas lunch or whatever, have already gone there.

Me and Wife head to my folks place tommorrow. She's taking her car I'm on my bike.

I figure if there do happen to be jams, I'll save her some lunch...

Grasshopperus
24th December 2009, 11:43
Soooo true, the numptys are arriving thick & fast up here. 2 burnouts before 9am outside the shop, a hi-lux & a boy retard doof doof. The campervans are doing emergency stops from 20kmh when they spy something, blissed out pedestrians are launching themselves across the road, head down, texting Uncle Wolfgang about a hot Christmas. The feds are scrupulously topping up their holiday bonus. The beach & pavement are strewn with bikini clad nubiles being watched by drivers old enough to know better. Last minute delivery trucks fire themselves backwards onto the road right in front of you (when oggling said bikini clad nubiles) & the tar has melted. Nobody here knows that using a mobile while driving is illegal. The cars are full of kids dropping ice cream & arguing, mum is facing away from the windscreen..
I'm heading down to Auks tomorrow, might be safer.
Have a joyful, safe holiday all.

Damn, I'd hate to be a local at a popular holiday location. I live in AKL and hate most of the populace here. Having them all pack up and migrate to my part of town with all their associated baggage would piss me right off.

You guys should barricade all entrances into your towns.

<G>
24th December 2009, 11:50
Update:

That didnt take long - apparently shes in Aucks and has been tracked down and given a bit of KB lovin.

Wonder who tapped it?

Big Dave's logo?!?

crazyhorse
24th December 2009, 11:51
Merry Christmas everyone - and safe travels :hug:

dipshit
24th December 2009, 13:07
yea sorry to those that have heard it before but the last few days the nutters seem to be everywhere.

Whenever I see people sprinting around in the supermarkets with their trolleys... or sprinting across the car park with their grocery bags... I decide it's a good time to stay off the roads. :beer:

(well... and as i get 6 days off in a row every 3 weeks - the Christmas break is no big deal for me. Time to let the Monday to Friday crowd have their day in the sun)

FROSTY
24th December 2009, 13:13
Actually my tween xmas time is gonna be spent right here in auckland. Ya know auckland at holiday time is actually a nice place to be --Honest injun it is

shrub
24th December 2009, 14:49
because he wasn't paying attention. Riding bikes may be the best thing ever, but it takes skill, concentration and focus because when it goes wrong, everything gets ugly.

Ride well, ride aware and ride tomorrow.

pkplex
24th December 2009, 14:57
I had some random furniture moving truck follow me all over the show yesterday, All through these random streets which looped back around. I dunno what the hell he was following me for, but a big ass truck right up ones backside following you around is not comforting.

gwigs
24th December 2009, 16:26
I had some random furniture moving truck follow me all over the show yesterday, All through these random streets which looped back around. I dunno what the hell he was following me for, but a big ass truck right up ones backside following you around is not comforting.

Dont be so paranoid I only followed you for about 10ks :whistle:

Maha
24th December 2009, 16:30

Ill disciplined mall workers running riot, screaming and being obnoxious!

There fuxed it...:lol:

I know a young fulla that loves nothing better than nabbing youngin' in those places, the ones who dont like to pay...:beer:

PrincessBandit
24th December 2009, 16:39
If she needs a place to stay....

.....she knows where I live. :msn-wink:

steel001
24th December 2009, 16:43
.....she knows where I live. :msn-wink:

Good, then she can pick you up on the way over :banana:

Rob Taylor
24th December 2009, 16:45
Riding to Wanganui tomorrow.Reckon it will be a breezze.Got the missis on the back so with the bike fully packed it would be near half a ton soooo the cars better look out...:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

Swoop
27th December 2009, 07:28
The holiday season simply adds to the quantity of people meandering around on the roads...
Like on the western side of Arthur's Pass, where rental cars almost come to a standstill in the middle of the road because of "oooh! Just LOOK at that scenery!"
Bloody numpties.:nono:

dipshit
27th December 2009, 09:46
The holiday season simply adds to the quantity of people meandering around on the roads...

Stay at home and drink some beers or volunteer yourself to work over Christmas at time and a 1/2 and spend the extra money shopping for bits for your bike over the internet... then take your holidays in January or February when the weather is better and most everybody else has gone back to work!

Bugger the sheep mentality. :oi-grr:

DMNTD
27th December 2009, 09:58
Bugger the sheep mentality...

Ahhh so you guys do that down there too?:niceone:

dipshit
27th December 2009, 11:15
Ahhh so you guys do that down there too?

:confused:

Swoop
27th December 2009, 12:01
then take your holidays in January or February when the weather is better and most everybody else has gone back to work!

Bugger the sheep mentality.
I thought that I would avoid most of it by going before christmas. Very good weather, sod-all people around. Very pleasant south island trip indeed.