PDA

View Full Version : Back on an Xj

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 22:26
lately Ive had a fair few shop bikes in and out. But nothing I could call MINE. Always I knew that they would pass on to a new owner. And the more I liked the bike the morelikely it was that it would sell.
But now I have a bit of personal nostalga back in my hands. 85 XJ750 (the Xj900 lookalike)
Its looking fairly sad but the bones are good.looking forweards to getting to know the old gal again after a few years appart from xj's

TOTO
23rd December 2009, 22:40
post some pics. love those bikes

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 22:47
post some pics. love those bikes
will do once the cameras back workin

Pedrostt500
23rd December 2009, 22:47
Yep pics of the XJ love afair.

FROSTY
23rd December 2009, 22:56
stolen from the tard me advert

Dodgyiti
24th December 2009, 06:15
Nice one Frosty!
Had same year and paint scheme, good bikes. Unless you hand your licence straight over to the police, you will not notice the difference between the 750 and 900, the 750 is slightly lighter and more perky. Had no issues with lack of power ever.
Come join the pre 1990 crew at BFTP, we loves tha old crusty ones ( the bikes, not you):hug:

Oh, and the Mk1 is all sweet- you may have seen it zipping by your work all wired and sorted.

Mike.

FROSTY
24th December 2009, 08:49
Nice one Frosty!
Had same year and paint scheme, good bikes. Unless you hand your licence straight over to the police, you will not notice the difference between the 750 and 900, the 750 is slightly lighter and more perky. Had no issues with lack of power ever.
Come join the pre 1990 crew at BFTP, we loves tha old crusty ones ( the bikes, not you):hug:

Oh, and the Mk1 is all sweet- you may have seen it zipping by your work all wired and sorted.

Mike.
and you diddnt come and show me--why??

White trash
24th December 2009, 08:51
Hope some cunt doesn't push it over.

FROSTY
24th December 2009, 08:56
Hope some cunt doesn't push it over.
Nahh mate not likely

R6_kid
24th December 2009, 09:21
You'll have to change your user name back.

Dodgyiti
24th December 2009, 09:52
and you diddnt come and show me--why??

Ok... I will try and pop in today. Haven't washed it in 500 odd miles but since the last time you saw her- I think the go cart evening back in 2005 - it has got considerably more pimped...:whistle:

Edbear
24th December 2009, 10:04
stolen from the tard me advert

Tidy unit mate! They were a good bike in their day and should be reliable enough now as well. Looks like it only needs a cut'n'polish!

FROSTY
24th December 2009, 10:11
Tidy unit mate! They were a good bike in their day and should be reliable enough now as well. Looks like it only needs a cut'n'polish!
"needs" is a funny word innit??All it really needs is the crap off the brakes sorted and the idle settled down. Trouble is once ya get startedon these things ....

Edbear
24th December 2009, 10:14
"needs" is a funny word innit??All it really needs is the crap off the brakes sorted and the idle settled down. Trouble is once ya get startedon these things ....

Yeah, before you know it you're noticing little things that could use a tidy up then suddenly it's in a million bits for a full resto!

Must resist!!!:(

FROSTY
24th December 2009, 10:33
Yeah, before you know it you're noticing little things that could use a tidy up then suddenly it's in a million bits for a full resto!

Must resist!!!:(
yep-you goddit. I think itll get new brakes and a fairing blade

Diggers
24th December 2009, 20:56
I had a look at that one Frosty. Didn't want to take the punt on the idle issue. But I'm sure you have the skills to sort it! I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
Cheers

FROSTY
27th December 2009, 08:57
I had a look at that one Frosty. Didn't want to take the punt on the idle issue. But I'm sure you have the skills to sort it! I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
Cheers
The idle thing is a bit iof a bugger because Im pretty sure its the diaphram

Dodgyiti
29th December 2009, 07:08
Yep, that is what the BFTP crew were guessing could be the problem. Hope the diaphram is not too expensive. I know the ones for the Suzuki GS CV's are $140 each:gob:

FROSTY
29th December 2009, 07:13
Yep, that is what the BFTP crew were guessing could be the problem. Hope the diaphram is not too expensive. I know the ones for the Suzuki GS CV's are $140 each:gob:
After my son flipped a quad onto me my back is officialy temporrarrily buggered so no chance to find out.I have though got handlebars sussed

Edbear
29th December 2009, 09:01
After my son flipped a quad onto me my back is officialy temporrarrily buggered so no chance to find out.I have though got handlebars sussed

Ouch, mate! What's he got against you...? :whistle:

FROSTY
29th December 2009, 09:39
Ouch, mate! What's he got against you...? :whistle:
Nothing against me--cept 100 odd kg of quad.
Pure accident -Imm piddling up a slope and just as the quads at its tipping point easing over a lip he decides to squeeeze the throttle.

NighthawkNZ
29th December 2009, 09:50
l
But now I have a bit of personal nostalga back in my hands. 85 XJ750 (the Xj900 lookalike)

I use to own an XJ650 special handle like a pig... ahhh them were the days how I miss that bike :weep:

Edbear
29th December 2009, 13:31
Nothing against me--cept 100 odd kg of quad.
Pure accident -Imm piddling up a slope and just as the quads at its tipping point easing over a lip he decides to squeeeze the throttle.

Ahah, the old throttle-on at the wrong moment trick! Doncha jes' hate that? :(

kimzoc
29th December 2009, 17:26
yep-you goddit. I think itll get new brakes and a fairing blade
Hello there people. Hey I just purchased a 1985 model Xj900 and I need replacement fork tubes as mine a very rusty and have chewed out the seals. I'd like to find some second hand units off another bike using the same approximate length 37mm inners. Does anyone know what bikes use these or of some available. Heres hopeing thanks in advance.

FROSTY
29th December 2009, 22:31
Hello there people. Hey I just purchased a 1985 model Xj900 and I need replacement fork tubes as mine a very rusty and have chewed out the seals. I'd like to find some second hand units off another bike using the same approximate length 37mm inners. Does anyone know what bikes use these or of some available. Heres hopeing thanks in advance.
theres a kiwibiker--alive he collects xj stuff like I used to --otherwise wait awhile and ill remember what I used to do

MadDuck
29th December 2009, 22:33
OK I missed summit. Where is the SV race bike these days?