PDA

View Full Version : Upper Hutt street race report

F5 Dave
2nd May 2005, 09:59
It was a good day, nice to see various KBers about. The weather went pear shaped for the 2nd lot of races & then dried up perfectly.

What a neat cct!, only drama was passing opportunities are a bit limited in the back section except for the very brave at heart.

Sadly they start building houses there in 4 weeks so it was a last time bash.

Thanks to Bayden & Fishe etc for putting it on & Big Mac from Maidstone Yam for sponsoring & doing a bunch of the groundwork.

At this rate I’d like to post the official results but my brain went all hazy when asked for recall, so here is what I remember;

F5 class
1: me
2: Jay Lawrence
3: Steve Scullion I think

F4 class
1: Craig whazizface (um Sullivan perhaps?)
2: me (still on my 50)
3: Think it was Rod, but he did have an off

Motard
Urgh um, well I think Pete Mac was 2nd or 3rd perhaps

Please feel free to correct my blatant omissions.

BungBung had a good day on my old H100, quite respectable for his first race & didn’t manage to eat Tarmac. Apparently a bunch of his friends have the fever & want to start building bikes.

White trash
2nd May 2005, 10:18
Brilliant days racing.

Maximum respect to you Dave for holding Craig at bay on his 140. Fuck you give that 50 a workout.

Jay Lawrence was impressive to watch, using the whole track then running up the curb every lap on the start finnish straight.

Derek McAdam learned the hard way in race 1 not to be on Pete MacDonalds bit of track. Pete did well in the only wet race to charge away from the field on slicks! Bit of race fitness might be needed if he's going to continue riding though, he is an old bastard after all.

Good stuff, well to Bayden and everyone else organising for securing such a shit hot venue.

Maximus
2nd May 2005, 10:18
I didn't make it to Wellington as my sister passed away early Friday afternoon, hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Wish I could have been there. . .

Skunk
2nd May 2005, 10:47
Here's a link (http://zrx.homeip.net/~zrx1100/buckets/buckets.html) to some pics I took. Once again they are on my slow connection...
Bungbung is on page 3, bike number 36.
F5Dave (no. 27) on page 2.

Blakamin
2nd May 2005, 11:11
typical... a cold kept me in bed all weekend

speedpro
2nd May 2005, 11:28
Maximum respect to you Dave for holding Craig at bay on his 140. Fuck you give that 50 a workout.

He gave me some MB clutch plates to modify which were an interesting colour. It does show how tough those RG clutches are though with the workout he gives his. I spent a whole Ohakea GP in the middle of a bunch of MB50s once and I'm pretty sure none of them ever let the clutch right out.

Wish I could have been at this meeting. "Good show" to the organisers.

Ivan
2nd May 2005, 14:21
Hey that round was awsome I was out there on the 59 Aprillia Suomy helmet etc in the 50's wat a shame we only got there once hey did anyone get any pics of the #21 bike in 50's Retro Rider it was 3 1/4s yellow the rest red old Nolan Helmet old black and red leathers with ape hangers I wanna send him a pic it was his first time

nsrpaul
2nd May 2005, 16:45
was up in welly for the weekend from nelson so came for a look ,your buckets are way different to nelson , looked like good fun , wish i had my bike there

Coyote
2nd May 2005, 17:34
Damn, wish I went. Sounds awesome