PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting old and fat waiting for Aftereffects to render??

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 12:16
judging by the no. of people that are online during the day on this forum is anyone else working with aftereffects getting fat, old, a bent back and EMF radiation sitting staring at a screen all day and night? i may drive the slowest highlux in newzealand, but i thought this 2.5 ghz mac machine would end my export bar waiting days with its rep. for speed, but alas i've found some more new and exciting ways to create more processor time... time for me to have a surf i think.. seem to be getting cranky. can't go riding till my melty front wheel is nice and perty again :msn-wink:

Maximus
2nd May 2005, 12:23
judging by the no. of people that are online during the day on this forum is anyone else working with aftereffects getting fat, old, a bent back and EMF radiation sitting staring at a screen all day and night? i may drive the slowest highlux in newzealand, but i thought this 2.5 ghz mac machine would end my export bar waiting days with its rep. for speed, but alas i've found some more new and exciting ways to create more processor time... time for me to have a surf i think.. seem to be getting cranky. can't go riding till my melty front wheel is nice and perty again :msn-wink:

Yep, sounds like me, however Im not at work today - or prob for the rest of the week . . . . Think i'll have another :apint: Try doing that at work :msn-wink:

Motoracer
2nd May 2005, 12:27
time for me to have a surf i think..

Is that, surf the web? :laugh:

Badcat
2nd May 2005, 12:32

damn those software vendrs and their new products that push the hardware to the limit!
could be worse.
you could be using a windows machine!

ken
ex NZ adobe prod manager - now microsoft mac guy.

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 12:33
Is that, surf the web? :laugh:

you watch yo reel bro!! There's surfing and there's SURFING. did someone say you were shark bait? skid lid? :devil2:

bugjuice
2nd May 2005, 12:35
booooooooooo.... things went that far down hill?

damn macs, never trust 'em.. or is that windoze?
My DP2ghz does me fine. Leaves this Pile-o-Crappo for dead.. I wanna kill it, but the IT dept keep telling me off for breaking their PCs.. they just don't get it, ay? It's the only way I post so much, cos I'm waiting for the PC to actually do something

Chuck more RAM in it SC, and watch it goooo!!!!!!.. I gotz me a gig-o-ramo, but you can never have enough!!

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 12:37
damn those software vendrs and their new products that push the hardware to the limit!
could be worse.
you could be using a windows machine!

ken

should i be grateful there's a way to deal with 4 hours of digi-beta x-fered film footage into the uncompressed targa sequences that I now have sitting in their tens of thousands of individual frames resting quietly on my bursting Hdd's. there's times whe I am actually!! yes mac's are usually your friend when it comes to video. PC's can become the rapid enemy when they spit the dummy everytime you move the timeline marker. XX

Motoracer
2nd May 2005, 13:27
you watch yo reel bro!! There's surfing and there's SURFING. did someone say you were shark bait? skid lid? :devil2:

Ha ha, have fun freezing out there! :cold:

Big Dave
2nd May 2005, 13:41
How much ram have you given it?

John
2nd May 2005, 13:45
I suffer the radiaton of no bike, My life is worth nothing - If I cant ride then I will bitch and spam the forum :lol:

But still I used to spend more than 10hours a day straight on a computer, yes I was very into computing :(

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 13:56
Ha ha, have fun freezing out there! :cold:

te he freezing? in my glued, stitched and taped TITANIUM heat reflective 3/4 wetsuit? ...I'm thinking of wearing on my bike when it rains :msn-wink: I'm as warm as toast in the sea (but not the atlantic) it's on my bike that i'm cold!!

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 13:58
How much ram have you given it?
It's a dual 2.5 GHz power Mac G5 with 2.5gb DDR SDRAM-
if i put more ram in I'll have to mortgage the house!!

Motoracer
2nd May 2005, 14:13
te he freezing? in my glued, stitched and taped TITANIUM heat reflective 3/4 wetsuit? ...I'm thinking of wearing on my bike when it rains :msn-wink: I'm as warm as toast in the sea (but not the atlantic) it's on my bike that i'm cold!!

Ooooooh, flash!!!! :D

If you are going out there today, have fun.

surfchick
2nd May 2005, 14:58
Ooooooh, flash!!!! :D

If you are going out there today, have fun.
narrh- can't surf today- gotta sit here crunching these files- so it's gonna be a cranky as surfchick for the next few days!! might have to watch what I post.

yeah this machine is speedie speedie speedie- but me files are chucky as a rhino's hind quarters.
x

Badcat
2nd May 2005, 15:05
booooooooooo.... things went that far down hill?

damn macs, never trust 'em.. or is that windoze?
My DP2ghz does me fine. Leaves this Pile-o-Crappo for dead.. I wanna kill it, but the IT dept keep telling me off for breaking their PCs.. they just don't get it, ay? It's the only way I post so much, cos I'm waiting for the PC to actually do something

Chuck more RAM in it SC, and watch it goooo!!!!!!.. I gotz me a gig-o-ramo, but you can never have enough!!

dude - my wife was pregnant - and we'd just bought a house - i was unemployed. i actually kinda like it here though.
i get a lot of lighthearted mac taunting, but they are nice to me.
it's good to be the odd one out sometimes - and i definately am here at the deathstar.

k

pyrocam
2nd May 2005, 15:22
fark SC thats a LOT of ram!

dont suppose anyone here has a spare Ieee1394 4p to 6p cable I can buy?