PDA

View Full Version : Toaster and family moving to Wellington

Toaster
25th December 2009, 13:48
Hey all,

Firstly Merry Christmas to all you bikers and families out there. It's a gorgeous day here in North Auckland. Perfect for an afternoon ride...

...may give the infamous ginga my rubbery christmas blessings up his state highway.

We are moving to Wellington (my old home town) for a while from 30 December. Could be weeks, months, years.... who knows!

But as part of the adventure, I am keen to catch up and meet KB members down in the wider Wellington region as and when time permits for rides and coffee.

May 2010 be a fun year full of good roads and happy bug-covered faces.

Cam.

yungatart
25th December 2009, 14:50
Good luck with the move, Cam...there are some lovely roads and equally nice folk in Welly....
And Merry Christmas to you and yours too!
And it is a glorious day in HB, too...not going for a ride tho...too many champagne cocktails....

Maha
25th December 2009, 16:20
All the best with that Cam, there has a quite a few make the move to Wellington this year, its a very nice city. But point of caution, watch out for little people with red hair....:dodge:

EJK
25th December 2009, 18:49
I'm sure Mr. Toaster will meet some good people down there :)

98tls
25th December 2009, 18:51
Merry Xmas mate,good luck with the move.Some great roads down there.Enjoy.

Bren
25th December 2009, 18:55
The Welly KB New Years rally may be a good starting point to catch up with the rabble down here

Bren
25th December 2009, 18:57
All the best with that Cam, there has a quite a few make the move to Wellington this year, its a very nice city. But point of caution, watch out for little people with red hair....:dodge:

Moving North to south is a good move....but South to north...not so good!

PrincessBandit
25th December 2009, 19:16
All the best for the move! I'm sorry we haven't been able to get together for a ride. I hope it all goes well for you all.

riffer
25th December 2009, 19:41
Nice one Cam. Look forward to catching up. :apint:

Toaster
25th December 2009, 20:34
All the best for the move! I'm sorry we haven't been able to get together for a ride. I hope it all goes well for you all.

Thanks Dawn! We will do that ride when I come back!

Toaster
25th December 2009, 20:35
Nice one Cam. Look forward to catching up. :apint:

Sounds good mate. I started out in the Hutt Valley, so will be interesting to see what the place looks like after 22 years away from that area.

huff3r
25th December 2009, 20:36
So moving onto bigger and better things? We'll give you a great warm welcome for sure.... (too warm if you know what went down at the latest TAG rally!)

Toaster
25th December 2009, 20:36
The Welly KB New Years rally may be a good starting point to catch up with the rabble down here

Sounds good, I will look up the event!

98tls
25th December 2009, 20:40
Sounds good, I will look up the event! Whilst your at it fella as your only across the ditch your in a good position to load that Bus up and head downunder to the real roads.:2thumbsup

Toaster
27th December 2009, 10:43
Whilst your at it fella as your only across the ditch your in a good position to load that Bus up and head downunder to the real roads.:2thumbsup

Mate, that would be very nice indeed!

Mom
27th December 2009, 10:46

I am so going to point her to this post :spanking:

Mate, that would be very nice indeed!

Hey Cam

Have a safe trip to Welly, take care of you, because you are the most important person. May the move to Welly be a positive one for all of you. The red head referred to above is actually the cutest little thang you are every likely to meet :love:

Toaster
27th December 2009, 21:11
I am so going to point her to this post :spanking:

Hey Cam

Have a safe trip to Welly, take care of you, because you are the most important person. May the move to Welly be a positive one for all of you. The red head referred to above is actually the cutest little thang you are every likely to meet :love:

Thanks Anne, will do. We will catch up once back in Auckland! Your support has been appreciated! May 2010 be a FAR better year for all of us.

Nasty
27th December 2009, 21:28
Thanks Anne, will do. We will catch up once back in Auckland! Your support has been appreciated! May 2010 be a FAR better year for all of us.

For all of us mate .. look forward to catching up with you down this way ...

Toaster
28th December 2009, 18:06
For all of us mate .. look forward to catching up with you down this way ...

I look forward to it!

Toaster
1st January 2010, 12:13
Well, I am here in Wellington... I see the wind hasn't lost it's strength since I moved away... no surprises there!

I see no Wellington rides in the January calendar. Who's around/keen for a decent ride sometime this month? The ol' Rimutaka's were always a favourite run for coffee or a beer somewhere in the Wairarapa.

huff3r
1st January 2010, 12:27
Well, I am here in Wellington... I see the wind hasn't lost it's strength since I moved away... no surprises there!

I see no Wellington rides in the January calendar. Who's around/keen for a decent ride sometime this month? The ol' Rimutaka's were always a favourite run for coffee or a beer somewhere in the Wairarapa.

Despite not being in the Calendar the "Cruisy Wednesday Night Ride" goes ahead every wednesday, meeting from 6pm at the Avalon Duck Pond for a 6.30pm departure... and i believe the boys with the bigger toys go out and play on thursdays...

Quasi
1st January 2010, 12:46

hope on your bike and have a run over the hill today. Tis a glorious day in the Rapa and a few bikes cruising though on the coffee/beer run.

Toaster
14th January 2010, 22:17
hope on your bike and have a run over the hill today. Tis a glorious day in the Rapa and a few bikes cruising though on the coffee/beer run.

Managed to go on the Thursday night ride today. Great bunch of guys and great ride over a few decent hills and roads.