PDA

View Full Version : Know anyone in Wgtn with a recently nicked cooter?

Velox
2nd May 2005, 12:27
This is prob just me being paranoid, but I thought I'd post it anyway:
If anyone's white scooter got nicked recently I saw one wedged in the back of a van in Karori on Sat (30th April) night and I've got the van's rego. Sorry - I didn't go up and check the type of scooter though - it wasn't a newish one I don't think. Prob just their own scooter but I guess there's no harm in posting this.
:whocares:

Skunk
2nd May 2005, 12:39
If anyone's white scooter got nicked recently I saw one wedged in the back of a van in Karori on Sat (30th April) night and I've got the van's rego. Sorry - I didn't go up and check the type of scooter though - it wasn't a newish one I don't think. Prob just their own scooter but I guess there's no harm in posting this.
Good on ya for taking notice of the rego anyway.

I saw a guy coasting a bike down a hill at night with no lights and rang the cops to check it out. Within 15mins of me phoning them a cop was on my doorstep telling me that they had checked it out and it is was all legit.

sels1
2nd May 2005, 12:48

There would be no harm in passing the rego on to the folks in blue as there has been a few bike thefts around Wgtn lately and it could be a bit of info that would be useful

Velox
2nd May 2005, 15:23
Heh heh - a "cooter" That's great!

Sels1 - I don't really want to dob someone in for just having their scooter in their boot though. Would the cops actually get hold of them or would they just note it in their system in case someone reports a scooter stolen?

StoneChucker
2nd May 2005, 18:43
You're a dirty snitch! I said I would give you 33%... Great! :whistle:
IF I get off, all you get now is 2 pies (those ones from up the road?...)

(Please don't PM me saying that was offensive, nothing's actually reported stolen yet, and I'm TRYING to be humerous!!!)
*EDIT, oh, good on ya for being observant, and proactive. I sat at my bedroom window one night (in SA) watching some poor bugger having a HELL of a time getting his car started. Almost went out to give him a push. Turns out it wasn't his car afterall :mad:

Skunk
2nd May 2005, 19:55
I don't really want to dob someone in for just having their scooter in their boot though. Would the cops actually get hold of them or would they just note it in their system in case someone reports a scooter stolen?Normally they would do nothing (if the info is old and nothing else is reported) or go and talk to the van onwer to get an explanation.

I don't think they'll send in a SWAT team unless they don't like the answers they get.

Hitcher
2nd May 2005, 21:00
So who really did eat all the pies?

sels1
2nd May 2005, 21:39
Heh heh - a "cooter" That's great!

Sels1 - I don't really want to dob someone in for just having their scooter in their boot though. Would the cops actually get hold of them or would they just note it in their system in case someone reports a scooter stolen?

The rego might be the vital missing bit of info to id a van used for numerous bike thefts around town lately......or it could just be some uni students shifting flat! Who knows? but I'd go with passing the info on and let the cops decide.

Velox
3rd May 2005, 00:35
So who really did eat all the pies?
*buuuuuuuuurp*

SC - I'm deeply, deeply hurt. As you go down in flames, you've exposed this poor student's one and only source of "supplementary income". Humour - yeah right mate! How am I going to pay for my pies now? Aaaaaargh. It makes me sick.

John
3rd May 2005, 01:24
There are ways to earn the pies :) :lol:

But seriously its great that you are all keeping an eye out, it doesnt hurt to have a chat whit the owner or give it to the blue suits if its to dodgy, I always take note of the bike around here so I know who the rider is all the time and how they ride that way I can possibly help out if need be, sif the 250 would be any good :/