PDA

View Full Version : Whakatane newbies

CookMySock
27th December 2009, 05:59
Anyone in the Whakatane area, I go up to Lake Rotoma for an hour most days, if you want to come for a blat up the Rotomas. Generally leave about mid-day. I don't go if it's raining.

No falling off, if you don't mind. :spanking:

Steve

Taz
27th December 2009, 07:24
I'm coming down tomorrow to watch BT at the summercross. :headbang: Not a newbie tho. Too old to be a newbie.

CookMySock
27th December 2009, 07:46
I'm coming down tomorrow to watch BT at the summercross. :headbang: Not a newbie tho. Too old to be a newbie.Mwahhh :devil2: you can find your own way over the Rotomas I am sure.. It's in quite good nick exceptin for a patch of rough here and there.

Steve

Taz
27th December 2009, 07:53
I like it rough.

TuonoTom
28th December 2009, 08:39
I'm always keen for a ride, so if you're in Whakatane / the eastern bay send me a pm and we can sort something out.

crazyhorse
28th December 2009, 09:05
I like it rough.

I heard that about you :rofl:

rapid van cleef
28th December 2009, 11:10
hey, i'm definetly keen. ive never been throught there on me bike yet. i dont wanna go nuts, just have some fun.

CookMySock
28th December 2009, 16:53
Hey man, yep get in touch any fine day about midday.

Steve

varminter
28th December 2009, 18:57
Now it's warming up I think the Rotoma's will start to peel again, FFS why can't they do it right first time.
They all seem to ride cruisers in Whakatane, nothing against cruisers, just an observation.

CookMySock
28th December 2009, 19:27
The ma's are pretty good shape at the moment.

Steve

nodrog
28th December 2009, 19:34
can we stop for ice cream?

CookMySock
28th December 2009, 20:50
can we stop for ice cream?Help yourself!

Steve

trailblazer
28th December 2009, 20:53
i would be keen but i am working through xmas new years period but could be keen over new years weekend if i can get a mirror in time.

kevin-chow
29th December 2009, 22:33
Im keen on weekend Sunday ride too if is not wet. Not a newbie but am new to Whakatane dieing to get out and have a play around.

TuonoTom
29th December 2009, 22:46
Ok guys so how about we do a ride this Saturday or Sunday? We could all meet up in town then go up to Te Kaha or something? I don't really mind where we go, I'm just bored of riding by myself!

CookMySock
30th December 2009, 05:28
I'm probably going up to Rotoma today lunchtime ish. PM or MSN me.

Can babysit newbies or cane with the lads.

Steve

trailblazer
30th December 2009, 13:23
i have an infection in my foot at the mo and can't walk on it :weep: but if it clears by the weekend i am keen for a sunday ride. :cool:

CookMySock
30th December 2009, 15:33
i have an infection in my foot at the mo and can't walk on it :weep: but if it clears by the weekend i am keen for a sunday ride. :cool:Coolaz. Just pm on txt if you want to come. I'll be riding up to Rotoma most fine days for a few weeks. Tough work I know, but someones' gotta do it. :lol:

Ended up going around lake rotas today. Bloody wind kinda made it awkward, but it was still nice.

Steve

rapid van cleef
30th December 2009, 17:36
well this weekend would be great. i cant do sunday this weekend though so have to be saturday for me. after this weekend, id be keen on regular sunday / saturday rides out in groups. hows everyone fixed for this saturday, departing whakatane in the morning. suggested destinations.te kaha.......ive never been there, or ...through the rotomas and round rotorua? any other ideas......im not only new to whakatane.....but only been in NZ for 3 years and only had a bike here for a few months so dont know the good roads, although i know a couple. so, anyone got a preference?

if saturday is out for most fo you.you all go on sunday and ill catch you up another day....def be able to ride with you next week dangerous bastard!

CookMySock
30th December 2009, 18:00
Anything is good for me. Just organise something and holler, and 75% chance I am in.

Steve

trailblazer
30th December 2009, 18:27
like i said im in if my foot has healed by the weekend otherwise i am good for most weekends unless i have a 4x4 trial on that weekend.

BiK3RChiK
30th December 2009, 21:18
:Oi: As long as the housework is done by the time I'm home from work DB!!! :Pokey:

CookMySock
30th December 2009, 22:06
:Oi: As long as the housework is done by the time I'm home from work DB!!! :Pokey:ah fuck, I'm sprung. :cry:

Steve

trailblazer
31st December 2009, 17:15
just do the house work like a man DB with a high powered waterblaster and then you won't get asked to do it again. Lol

rapid van cleef
31st December 2009, 17:41
so, whos up for a ride this saturday then?

trailblazer
31st December 2009, 17:58
put me down for a maybe.

CookMySock
31st December 2009, 18:40
Come out to the edgecumbe kart track for a burn on a pocketbike!

Steve

rapid van cleef
31st December 2009, 19:22
that sounds like a plan. edgecumbe kart track, then a ride out somewhere. if anyone fancies tagging along, all the better ok. ill be there by 10.30 am on saturday

trailblazer
31st December 2009, 19:58
i think the gate opens at 12.00 dude so you will be waiting for awhile. Lol

CookMySock
31st December 2009, 20:02
i think the gate opens at 12.00 dude so you will be waiting for awhile. LolYeah gate opens midday. We're there all weekend though. Probably a pissup saturday night - all welcome.

Steve

rapid van cleef
1st January 2010, 14:14
ok, er, so i ll come over after lunch and see what happens. hope to see you there.

TuonoTom
1st January 2010, 21:18
I'll come along too then we can go for a ride somewhere.

trailblazer
2nd January 2010, 00:35
sadly won't be joining you guys my foot is still very infected and am unable to walk on it or put it in a shoe. maybe next time

rapid van cleef
3rd January 2010, 10:38
well i did get along but not until around 2.30, there was not very many people there and i didnt see you DB. so i looked, pondered, and went off to matahina and then home. ah well. hoping to get a babysitter one day this week and go for blast over the rotomas with you DB

CookMySock
3rd January 2010, 18:06
At the minimoto? I must have had my head between a pair of knees somewhere... Did you think to look there? Haha.

Steve

trailblazer
3rd January 2010, 21:01
it would have been an awesome day for a ride out there.

BiK3RChiK
3rd January 2010, 21:04
Lee, he would've been out on the track possibly.... but you should've come along today! Especially when Steve offers a fellow KB'r a ride on the standard Daytona only for him to sit on it and snap it in half!!! I'm still laughing....

rapid van cleef
4th January 2010, 00:07
well, like he said, he must had his heed between someones knees!

snapped, oh dear

catch u soon

trailblazer
4th January 2010, 10:06
how the hell do you snap a bike in half. U need to go on a diet Db. lol

CookMySock
4th January 2010, 11:16
how the hell do you snap a bike in half. U need to go on a diet Db. lolHaha it wasnt me bro. Some strapping canadian lad did it, lol. Nar the frame was stuffed.. it shouldn't really have been on the track.

Steve

trailblazer
4th January 2010, 12:40
no more mc d's for that man then.

rapid van cleef
4th January 2010, 13:35
has anyone been throught the Waioeka Gorge on a bike? i have heard its awesome. the thing i have found about many roads round whakatane area is a lot of the twisties are 'blind', therefore, leads to 'backing off'. at least i do.

are there any good roads in the area that are, well wide open and not lined with huge trees and bush so you can actually see through the corner a little way? as opposed to a vanishing point that is quite close. due to the agricultural traffic found on many local roads, car drivers that find it impossible to stick to their lane round corners and of course the wildlife, dead or alive, i'm reluctant to 'cane it' round bends that i cant see through. kinda spoils the buzz a bit. some track time is booked but the quest for nice open twisties is ahead.

it really does amaze me that many car drivers overtake approaching corners. i have witnessed so much of that here its unreal. anyhoo. hoping to get out this week during the day as long as i can get a babysitter for a few hours. def game for a group ride out this sunday to............ somewhere................i am at the mercy of the local experts.

trailblazer
4th January 2010, 13:54
is anyone keen for a bit of a blat this arvo im goin to head out bout 3.30-4.

trailblazer
4th January 2010, 14:02
we should do a group ride round the east cape before summer is up. I to back of for tight blind corners rapid van cleef. Im more for the journey and want to see tomorrow and i no how crap some drivers are out there aswell as my skill leval isn.t good enough to cane my bike to hard. I like the manawahe road out to rotoma that is a nice piece of road nice and tight but also quick in places.

CookMySock
4th January 2010, 14:38
@rapid van cleef, pretty much you need the Taupo track for that. Most roads around here you can just stick to the speed limit on. Even the rotomas you can crackle up them near the speed limit - and theres no side roads and cowsheds..

Waioeka gorge is great.. very similar to the entire east cape trip.

@trailblazer, soz I just got in, so I missed ya. Already been for a burn today tho.. ;)

East cape trip is a good one over two days. It's too far to enjoy it all in one go.

Steve

rapid van cleef
4th January 2010, 14:48
im game for a round the cape trip

well got a track day booked also. coreners, not so much that i back off, just dont go round em as fast as id like cos i cant see what maybe coming the other way due to high tree line etc. wifey goes back to work tomorrow so cant get out today.

see what the next few days bring

trailblazer
4th January 2010, 19:47
yeah i go back to work tomorrow aswell but keen for an after work ride or something. Yeah db round the cape would be good to do over 2 days then we could do and see everything we can.

trailblazer
6th January 2010, 22:50
anyone up for a ride on sunday arvo

rapid van cleef
16th January 2010, 13:14
anyone in whakatane area fancy a ride out for an hour or so today? saturday.or even sunday?

trailblazer
16th January 2010, 23:08
if this rain buggers off i will be keen.

rapid van cleef
17th January 2010, 08:05
hey, im gonna go down the waioeka gorge this morning. if ur around. forecast for rater later on so i wanna go soon. i ll be leaving whakatana around 10 if ur keen.