PDA

View Full Version : 661 Core Cooler

sAsLEX
28th December 2009, 23:04
Now why have these vanished from the market?

I have only read good reviews but it seems that 661 has dropped them from next years range.

Is there an alternative?

sAsLEX
30th December 2009, 21:28
Is there an alternative?

Would of been good today! Bump....

Love my Bonnie
7th January 2010, 12:59
If you phone Northern Accessories 09 2766453 , they are the nz importer for 661 gear. Sales staff can tell you where to purchase these, or tell you of an alternative

cs363
7th January 2010, 19:21
http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/66PR1N9CC/title/661-Core-Cooler :done:

Pretty sure they are a discontinued line by the manufacturer as they are on close out in most of the US stores/websites. As long as L/XL is your size the above is a good deal, otherwise start Googling and EBaying....

sAsLEX
7th January 2010, 21:07
Thanks heaps mate!

had checked there and all NZ retailers! But this must of just come up!

There goes the T7 voucher I got for christmas!

sAsLEX
7th January 2010, 22:11
Didn't take long to sell out I must of got one of the last ones!

haydes55
24th January 2012, 22:17
Pulling up an archive here, but anyone know where to get these now? I would prefer new ones over second hand.

Sable
24th January 2012, 23:18
Didn't take long to sell out I must of got one of the last ones!
Must HAVE. You're welcome.

cs363
25th January 2012, 17:48
Pulling up an archive here, but anyone know where to get these now? I would prefer new ones over second hand.

As I quoted earlier this product has been discontinued and though there may be some still in shops etc, you'll probably be lucky to find one.
There is a similar product (same technology) available from Alpinestars for around $90, should be available through most bike shops.
The info sheet off the importers website (Crown Kiwi) attached. :)

haydes55
25th January 2012, 18:00
As I quoted earlier this product has been discontinued and though there may be some still in shops etc, you'll probably be lucky to find one.
There is a similar product (same technology) available from Alpinestars for around $90, should be available through most bike shops.
The info sheet off the importers website (Crown Kiwi) attached. :)

Legend, thanks for that.

Gremlin
26th January 2012, 01:00
I actually saw the thread, but then thought the collar was different to the A* MX Cooling Vest, so didn't bother replying.

I have the A* vest, used it in the states when temperatures went over 40 C (and topped out at 53). It dry out completely in the very hot legs, but works on a simple soak till drip dry, then chuck it on and go. Worked brilliantly. You can also try Cycletreads, they may be able to get them for you.

khabel
26th January 2012, 07:14
so how well do they work?

cs363
26th January 2012, 14:24
You can also try Cycletreads, they may be able to get them for you.

99% sure that Cyclespot Honda over the road have them in stock :)

zeocen
26th January 2012, 14:55
so how well do they work?

Pretty good, they'll keep you cool but they require a few uses to get rid of the excess gel that seeps out from the product. They really do keep you cool, however if you're worrying mostly about sweating then it's a bit redundant, it cools you but it also leaves residue on you so be prepared to be quite damp after use.

It seems to vary on how damp you'll become, but if you really can't stand the heat then they are definitely worth it.

cs363
26th January 2012, 14:56
Pretty good, they'll keep you cool but they require a few uses to get rid of the excess gel that seeps out from the product. They really do keep you cool, however if you're worrying mostly about sweating then it's a bit redundant, it cools you but it also leaves residue on you so be prepared to be quite damp after use.

It seems to vary on how damp you'll become, but if you really can't stand the heat then they are definitely worth it.

Which product are you talking about here, 661 or Astars?

zeocen
26th January 2012, 19:12
Sorry, 661.

Gremlin
11th February 2012, 01:29
An update if you haven't got one yet... they're on sale at 'Treads: http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/products/607-bargains_offroad_gear/2108-hydration_661_core_cooler_your.aspx

cs363
11th February 2012, 09:23
An update if you haven't got one yet... they're on sale at 'Treads: http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/products/607-bargains_offroad_gear/2108-hydration_661_core_cooler_your.aspx

Only youf sizes though by the look.