PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Winter series Round 1 & New Bucket Racing Legend "Dangerous"

Kickaha
2nd May 2005, 20:07
Bucket Winter series round 1

I wasn’t to interested in even going racing after the events of last week http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=11367&highlight=small+tribute , and a couple of the other guys offered to stand down from the meeting as well if I wasn’t going to ride, which was bloody good of them to offer, but the night before Chic N charge was on msn and said she wanted me to ride so I thought I better just in case she decided to slap me around for not doing as she said. :yes:

The day before saw me in Darryl Cottons workshop with him finishing off my new stainless exhaust system and I have to say the man is a welding genius and he took the time off to help me out when he should have been working on his own bike :niceone:

It was also the debut of new KB Bucket Racing Legend “Dangerous” riding the club slut (MB100) with at least three people laying bets he’d blouse out before the event, I didn’t take any off them as I thought he’d do the same but I pulled up at his place about 9.45 and we headed off to the track.

We got out there and hung around for a bit till sign in started and wandered down I signed in and left dangerous doing the day licence and went back and grabbed my bike and shot it through scrutineering, Dangerous bought the club slut down and as the scrutineer was checking the front end noticed just how flexible the standard front end is, he reckoned with the front wheel held straight ahead you could still turn the bars lock to lock and so it failed, back to trailer tighten a few bolts and it was all sweet

I had a new 33mm flat slide to try but after pulling off the tank I found the throttle linkage fouled on the frame “bugger” so that went back in the box and I just went up a jet size instead to try and cure a slight miss

New Bucket Legend Dangerous was having trouble dressing himself and I’m buggered if I know how he gets on in the morning when he‘s at home by himself, luckily he had his young pit bitch K14 on hand to help him out and watching them I got the feeling K14 had helped him dress before, maybe there’s a bit more to those “looks” they keep giving each other than I first thought :msn-wink:

Riders briefing and a minutes silence was observed and a few words were said by a friend of Colin’s and not long after that we did a ride around to the accident site and sat there for a bit while Chic N Charge removed the flowers and photo’s were taken and I’d have to admit the tears in my eye weren’t just from the wind and not wearing a helmet, we rode back to the pits and got ready for practice

We lined up on the dummy grid and I really didn’t want to be there but Chic N Charge came over and gave me a hug and a few words of encouragement and then we were let out, I went out hard as I could and hammered it for the first couple of laps and I had a few tears in my eyes for the first few laps and then I settled down a bit, I backed off and let Tony catch up and pass and slipstreamed him down the straight and rode around the outside of him into the first corner a few more laps and I was convinced I had his measure be able to reel him in when ever I chose, but after pulling back in K14 said that Darryl Cotton on hid RS framed MB100 was the man to watch

Race 1

I lined up on the outside which if you’re good lets you ride around the outside of everyone into turn 1, unfortunately I’m not good and that didn’t happen but I got an ok start and ended up in 4th with Tony, Darryl and Rod in front, I could gain a bit coming out of the dipper but was loosing it down the straight as the bike was still missing when I got up in the revs after a couple of laps and not being able to close the gap I hooked into turn one a little bit faster than normal and it all turned into one of those “oh shit” moments and ended up with me picking the bike off and running off the track onto the grass, I kept the bike upright and rejoined without loosing a place but had allowed the guys behind me to close right up, coming up out of the dipper and into the sweeper I could see someone else’s shadow right behind me, another couple of laps and just before we hit the line for the chequered flag Brent and Steve pull out of the draft and try to beat me to it, tough luck guys I reckon I beat them by inches so I pull off a 4th place finish, in the meantime New Bucket Legend Dangerous has a dnf with a foot peg folding the wrong way, which is quickly fixed by ace mechanic “Mr Batch”

Race 2

I’m late out and in the warm up lap don’t get up to the grid fast enough and end up on the inside of the front row, the flag drops and I loose out badly going into turn one about 6th, I close on Diesel Pig and Brent and follow them for a lap then get on the gas hard out of the dipper and through the kink ride around the outside of Diesel Pig and then cut back inside Brent before we hit the sweeper and lead them onto the straight, I know they’re right behind me another lap and Diesel Pig is trying to line me up for the pass and then his bike shits itself and he pulls off the track, I’ve made a gap on Brent but are getting bored as I can’t pull the front three back in so I back off and go wide into turn one and let Brent pass, he told me later his first thought was” you smart bastard” as otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to get past, I chase him for a couple of laps until the white flag comes out and are planning to nail him up the inside into the sweeper as he normally goes out wide to get good drive through but as we hit the sweeper there’s a back marker in the way and I have to run wider than I planned and Brent leads me onto the straight and I’m nailing it and gaining on him and puling out to pass as we cross the line with neither of us knowing who got the place, turns out it was him getting the 4th and a 5th for me, we were just coming up to lap New Bucket Legend Dangerous and I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t get to slap him on the way past but there’s always next time

And that was it for the day as after falling behind time the last race was cancelled, next time New Bucket Legend Dangerous will be riding my bike and I’ll stand on the sideline and criticise and it wont be constructive :laugh:

k14
2nd May 2005, 20:39
Pffft, you are just jealous that you didn't have an excuse for me to help you put your leathers on :finger:

Anyways, here are some piccies:
1.) Some slow bastard about to be lapped (for the 5th time in 4 lap race :killingme )
2.) Old bastard, trying to remember which lever is used for braking
3.) Diesel pig
4.) Slow bastard again not quite getting down into the tuck
5.) The 2 rs framed mb100's showing how it should be done

k14
2nd May 2005, 20:43
The 2nd set of pics:

1.) Some guy that still thinks he's in the 80's
2.) Roger being followed by number 81
3.) The honda leading the suzuki and others
4.) Random shot of a pretty nice 996 (carbon fibre wheels :D )

dangerous
3rd May 2005, 06:17
Bucket Winter series round 1

It was also the debut of new KB Bucket Racing Legend “Dangerous” riding the club slut (MB100)

Dangerous bought the club slut down to scrutineering, he reckoned with the front wheel held straight ahead you could still turn the bars lock to lock and so it failed, back to trailer tighten a few bolts and it was all sweet
man..... who's dumbass idea was it that these stupid wee shit box 20yr old POS crapers could be, or should be raced??? Hell after being down to scrutineering and relising that I must need my bloody head read.... and how frigen 'dangerous' this humble H100 was..... I was so in, lets race suckers. :scooter:

New Bucket Legend Dangerous was having trouble dressing himself and I’m buggered if I know how he gets on in the morning when he‘s at home by himself, luckily he had his young pit bitch K14 on hand to help him out and watching them I got the feeling K14 had helped him dress before, maybe there’s a bit more to those “looks” they keep giving each other than I first thought :msn-wink:
Mate..... you were just gutted that we dident put a better show on for ya aye? and just incase the punters out there are woundering..... it was the jacket to trow zip that was shaged... not the fly :pinch:

Riders briefing and a minutes silence was observed and a few words were said by a friend of Colin’s and not long after that we did a ride around to the accident site and sat there for a bit while Chic 'n' Charge removed the flowers and photo’s were taken and I’d have to admit the tears in my eye weren’t just from the wind and not wearing a helmet, we rode back to the pits and got ready for practice
e'mmmmmmmm......... it was a very sobering time, C'n'C did bloody well.... a brave girl that and also a very hard time for you Kick. I was glad to be a part of it, a bloody good idea to kick the day off. :ride:

Race 1
Weee heeee what a start even got the frount wheel in the air, pased a few bikes by the 1st corner.... to have them pass me in the 2nd, man this thing was flexing folding bending you name it it was a Honda.
3rd corner and the left peg folded down to the ground and altho I wasent happy to lean the silly thing over at the best a times... skiny ass tyres look very sus, incase it did touch the deck and decide to lie down on me I figgered I'd shoot in to the pits were Diesel Pig and senior Diesel Pig sorted it out for me. :apint:

Race 2
Well another sweet launch..... with the same result as the 1st race by the 2nd corner, but hey ya know what after a 8 lap race I was geting the hang of it..... LOL, these things arnt so bad after all, good value actually.
End result I had a finish in :third: position.......................... too last :Punk:

big cheers to Diesel Pig for sorting the slut out for me....... always wanted to ride a club slut :niceone:

dangerous
3rd May 2005, 06:25
The 2nd set of pics:

1.) Some guy that still thinks he's in the 80's
2.) Roger being followed by number 81
3.) The honda leading the suzuki and others
4.) Random shot of a pretty nice 996 (carbon fibre wheels :D )

1.) Man that dude is loose........ and 'dangerous' :whistle:
3.) yeah baby... see that every body, I'm out frount and two bike back is Kickaha :laugh:

BTW in case the readers are woundering who old bastard, slow bastard, some guy, roger, daryl are well....
-dangerous bike 1
-Kickaha bike 83
-daryl bike 17
-diesel Pig bike 57

gav
3rd May 2005, 19:11
Hmm, just following some leads now on building a possible GSXR125, one day Roger onnne daaaay, course I'm gonna need some nice HONDA stickers for it....

diesel pig
5th May 2005, 19:11
diesel pig, the real diesel pig that is, my bucket (yes I name myself after my bucket racer how sad I know) broke a intake rocker which snaped the camchain and bent the exhast valves. Diesel Pig is Dead :crybaby:

dangerous
5th May 2005, 19:22
diesel pig, the real diesel pig that is, my bucket (yes I name myself after my bucket racer how sad I know) broke a intake rocker which snaped the camchain and bent the exhast valves. Diesel Pig is Dead :crybaby:
but........ he/she/it will be rebuildable tho wont it? :ride: Hondas never die.... beter start tidying the slut up then, ya going to need more power if its to be ya bucket next round while the CB is in the Batchelor hospital of broken bikes. :Punk:

diesel pig
7th May 2005, 18:06
you misunderstand me, I have killed diesel pig quite a few times :innocent: she's be back stronger than ever baby! :niceone: maybe :whistle:
Oh, kickana told me to take the piss out of you but being someone who freely admits to liking CX500's I do'nt see how. :laugh:

dangerous
7th May 2005, 19:04
Oh, kickana told me to take the piss out of you but being someone who freely admits to liking CX500's I do'nt see how. :laugh:
the CX500........... now theres a under rated diesel pig if there was ever one :D I would like to shear with you my ugley ducklings (hey.... you brought it up)
In 1978 the 1st CX500 was produced, it is the only prototype bike that has ever been built and sold with no changes..... Mr Honda wanted a bike desigined as a comuter with herb..... the result was the CX500a

At the age of 17 I brought my 1st CX my 1st transverse V2 from there it went to turbo and 1100 MG sport.
The folowing is in the order of owning.

pic 1) 1980 500a shadow (shadow had 5hp extra and came in black only, this one repainted)

pic2) 1982 500 Eurosport (pain in the ass auto cam chain tenseniors replaced twice bike eventualy highsided and rebuilt/sold)

pic 3) 1981 500b shadow specs std through all colours same as 1980 shadow (this one hot roded 'stop fuking laoughing' 3 bikes crash n burned trying to keep up they were XJ900, Z1R & FZR600)

pic 4) 1982 Turbo........ 82hp std and the most awesome bike I have ever ridden (intake and exhust moderfied)

Biff
10th May 2005, 14:33
Great write up Kickaha. :niceone:

diesel pig
10th May 2005, 21:15
I rest my case! :Punk: