PDA

View Full Version : Duke girl's 1st Race Report.

Duke girl
29th December 2009, 13:57
I Forgot what it felt like having Butterflies before a Race Meeting until I woke up on the morning of the 1st day of the TRRS to which it soon came back to me after over 20 yrs out of the Racing Seat on how it felt.
I Couldn't even stomache breakfast as I thought that it best not to eat until I had been out for my 1st practise for which by then I could manage to keep whatever it was I ate down.
I had alot of encouragement and pointers given to me by my partner Rusty before going out for my 1st practise on how to keep the Revs up on a 2 stroke as I have never Raced a 2 Stroke before.
He even covered my speedo with a black cover to which he wrote on it Go Hard or Go Home, and put 2 pieces of red tape on my Rev counter between 10-14 rpm which helped my heaps on keeping the revs up between those markers.
My 1st Practise was a learning curve for me not only going out there and learning the track and my lines to take at each corner but also learning and listening to the bike and making sure the Revs were where the needed to be.
Got around without any problems which I was more than happy about.
My 2nd practise I felt more comfortable and relaxed while I was out there and thought that I had improved a little bit from my 1st practise and that I was starting to get use to Riding a 2 stroke as I was managing to keep the Revs up to around 12 rpm.
Race Day:
Was at the back of the grid and wasn't expecting to be any where else which suited me fine as I thought it would give me the opportunity to try and follow the bike in front of me which would give me encouragement of trying to keep up with them.
Got a great start and thought wow where did that come from as it was unexpected.Coming up to turn 3 and I saw 2 Riders go down and it was quiet a nasty crash with 1 Rider getting run over by the other riders bike and landing on their face which left them motionless by the time I went past the scene.
Red flag came out and we were sent back into Pit Lane while the ambulance went out to the injured riders.
I kept saying to myself don't worry about what happened out there as I know those 2 riders were in good hands and getting looked after and i just needed to concentrate on keeping myself together for the restart which happeded about 15 mins later.
Restart wasn't as good but I managed to get around and finish the race without any problems which I was so pleased about and I also managed to overrtake a rider and held him off for the remainder of the race which was such a Buzz. :2thumbsup
2nd Race.
Average start, managed to get all of my 5 laps in without being overtaken by the Classic Bikes who were out there with us.
Overall I was quiet pleased with how I went and I know as time goes on and the more & more I get out there that i am going to do what Str8jacket (Helen) has done with her racing and that is improve.
I would like to thank the following people for their patients, help and very encouraging words: Rustys, Str8jacket (Helen), Koba ( Malcolm), Old Fartz (Alan), Shona & Luke, you guys Rock. :2thumbsup:hug:
See you all at Round 2 of the Bikerider PMCC Summer Series at Manfeild on the 31st January.

woodyracer
29th December 2009, 14:08
was that edwin terrey you were in front of?? i think i saw you battle it out with him when i was crashed out waiting for bike recovery....:weep:

slowpoke
29th December 2009, 14:12
Goodonya Skip! Great to see you havin' a crack on the other side of the fence. Should have used your serious "voice of authority" from the VMCC rounds and told everyone to get the hell out of the road, most of 'em probably would have just automatically done as they were told and pulled over, haha.

Clivoris
29th December 2009, 14:57
Goodonya Skip! Great to see you havin' a crack on the other side of the fence. Should have used your serious "voice of authority" from the VMCC rounds and told everyone to get the hell out of the road, most of 'em probably would have just automatically done as they were told and pulled over, haha.

She's probably saving that strategy for the Nationals round.
Top skills Skip. Who's gonna do the dummy grid during the Actrix Winter Series now?

Trudes
29th December 2009, 15:24
Onya Sue!! Enjoyed watching you do your thing! Boy you're smooth out there!:niceone:

Duke girl
29th December 2009, 17:24
She's probably saving that strategy for the Nationals round.
Top skills Skip. Who's gonna do the dummy grid during the Actrix Winter Series now?

Hopefully someone who can point the finger as good as me. Dont worry Clive I will still be around to help out if I am needed.

roadracingoldfart
29th December 2009, 19:55

She tried that , only it came out like so ..... Gitt tha hill owta ma road , so they all went and got a digger to find a dirty great hill to move and came up trumps. Bloody accents are a bugger at times aye !!!!!

roadracingoldfart
29th December 2009, 19:58
Well done Sue , another tick in the box of things huh .
Good for Russ for supporting your mad sick desire for the sport after all these years .

Next open day we go to ill get ya along and give ya some tips and tricks.

Keep it coming and have fun. :2thumbsup

PS: when ya getting a Ducati then ????

Paul.

MadDuck
29th December 2009, 20:03
Great report and brought back some memories for me.

Good on ya Girl :banana:

KS34
29th December 2009, 21:49
Well done Skip! Great report, look forward to watching you race.

koba
29th December 2009, 22:35
Good shit Skip!
I'm really happy to be reading your 1st race report, I hope you keep them coming.
You've done alot for us vic club racers so we should really all be thanking you!

Go Hard!!

ajturbo
30th December 2009, 05:08
hey matey... was great to see you out there doing it!!!!

but i DID notice you didn't wave as you went past... what's with that????

hahahahah

Duke girl
30th December 2009, 06:36
Well done Sue , another tick in the box of things huh .
Good for Russ for supporting your mad sick desire for the sport after all these years .

Next open day we go to ill get ya along and give ya some tips and tricks.

Keep it coming and have fun. :2thumbsup

PS: when ya getting a Ducati then ????

Paul.

When I learn how to grow longer legs.:oi-grr: That would be heaven Racing 1 of those so all I will do now is keep on dreaming about it and enjoy watching those guys out there who have got the legs to Race 1.:2thumbsup

crazyhorse
30th December 2009, 06:39
Well done Duke Girl. :niceone:

Duke girl
30th December 2009, 06:39

hahahahah

how rude of me AJ, I do apologies about that but it must have been the concentration taking over. Here's 1 for you now ok?.:wavey:;)

yungatart
30th December 2009, 10:12

hahahahah

She waved to us...you're just not special enough!
Ya looked good out there, Sue...nice and smooth!
Well done!

old fartz
30th December 2009, 13:01
we don`t mind being your part time pit bitch`s while rustys out playing, its all about having fun and meeting cool people and rideing the best you can:banana:

Duke girl
30th December 2009, 15:27
Having fun is easy especially being around bikes, whether its going out with Mates on a Social Ride or being on a Race Track for the 1st time giving it your best and having people their helping you when you need it.

chanceyy
30th December 2009, 16:01
good on ya Sue, was doing family lunch thing so thought I better not escape it ..

look forward to end of jan to see you out there :clap:

wharfy
30th December 2009, 19:07
Good stuff Skip !! - You are in danger of becoming addicted :2thumbsup

Duke girl
30th December 2009, 19:33
Good stuff Skip !! - You are in danger of becoming addicted :2thumbsup

That happened years ago Wharfy and what a Great Addiction to have.:2thumbsup:niceone:

WarrenW
3rd January 2010, 19:53
We have photos, just waiting for a break in all the work related stuff so Avalon can get em up on the site. Some pretty nifty ones of you. Good to see. Keep it up.

Duke girl
5th January 2010, 07:04
Look forward to having a look at them once there up for viewing. Cheers for that Guys.

Foxzee
6th January 2010, 10:31
Woot woot...way to go Skippy:woohoo:

Well done Chick.............

Deano
6th January 2010, 16:12
Yeah great guns Sue. 20 years ? It's just like riding a bike huh !

Duke girl
7th January 2010, 07:03
Only alot quicker and enjoyable Deano.
Thanks everyone for the great replies.:niceone::msn-wink: