PDA

View Full Version : Wanganui report

Shaun
30th December 2009, 07:06
I was amazed I could be enjoying myself there so much whilst riding so slow.( NO disrespect to others in the field, I expect a lot more from myself than what I was doing)

The bike I was riding has a full MOTEC Ignition system fitted to it, it truly is a dam rocket ship, but some how some where, the fuel and ign mapping has NOT been set properlly, or some thing is a miss with it? and the bike was very very hard to ride, almost Dangerous. Motec is difficult to work with, if you do not already understand it properlly, ( Easy if you do) so I decided to NOT F with it, in case.

I could have used my NZ Spec bike ( Hind sight is a great thing eh) for the other races, but It was to be raced the next 2 days at Taupo, so decided Not to disturb it, nor risk it, as I had committed to supplying it to another rider for Taupo.

So after the second race that I did, I decided that FUN was meant to be for after the races, ( Come in STELLA) NOT during them, so I packed the bike away for another day to keep it and myself safe for the future

Pussy perhaps, But tomorrow is another day, and boxing day next year is already a LOT closer:2thumbsup

Thanks to my lady Fiona and the folks the purchased IOM TT Shirts from me, that will help with the NZ Champs budget :hug:

Thanks to my pit Bitch DomE Jones.

crazyhorse
30th December 2009, 07:11
Good on ya Shaun. Always fun to watch you race :niceone:

Shaun
30th December 2009, 07:13
Good on ya Shaun. Always fun to watch you race :niceone:

Thanks - Will probally still be doing it when I am 90:Playnice:

wharfy
31st December 2009, 15:41
Good onya mate - discretion is the better part of valour !

I put my hand up for oldest competitor at Taupo but wasn't even close, got another 20 years in me at least ( if I learn not to crash so much ). :)

Shaun
1st January 2010, 09:48
Good onya mate - discretion is the better part of valour !

I put my hand up for oldest competitor at Taupo but wasn't even close, got another 20 years in me at least ( if I learn not to crash so much ). :)

Crashing is just a part of the game dude, the important thing is to learn from those crashes

slowpoke
1st January 2010, 10:03

Haha, cue picture of Shaun on a vintage 2009 GSXR vs some hydrogen fuelled hover-cycle at the 2040 Boxing Day meeting.

See ya there mate!

SPman
1st January 2010, 20:59
Crashing is just a part of the game dude, the important thing is to learn from those crashes
Wot - how to crash better, next time........:whistle:

wharfy
5th January 2010, 13:32

I'm starting to get the hang of it....

White trash
5th January 2010, 14:04

I'm starting to get the hang of it....

I fricken PERFECTED it!