PDA

View Full Version : Indian biker heading to NZ. Help!

capnoty
30th December 2009, 23:27
Hi guys,

Well i have been a biker in India and now heading to Auckland so wanted to buy a bike for everyday riding and fun so need your help and suggestions.
Hope to meet many kiwi bikers on my arrival :)

Spuds1234
30th December 2009, 23:40
Dont go to Auckland is my suggestion.

Find somewhere else in NZ.

capnoty
30th December 2009, 23:42
well thats where my bro stays and ill join for a dip course but all i need is a good ride and how do i get a license?

hayd3n
31st December 2009, 01:06
well thats where my bro stays and ill join for a dip course but all i need is a good ride and how do i get a license?

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/

capnoty
31st December 2009, 05:40
Thnx for the help bro and is the Indian Licence valid for bikes?
And where do i get a starters bike or can i build one coz i have been doing that here...

CookMySock
31st December 2009, 06:12

Find somewhere else in NZ.Yeah, christchurch..

Steve

hayd3n
31st December 2009, 08:44
And where do i get a starters bike or can i build one coz i have been doing that here...

If you build a bike you will have to get full certification from a certified certifier ,
just remember if you build a bike you have to make the engine aswell , as it cant be derived of another bike, the frame and engine must match.
A motorcycle from you country wont work on our roads, because the wheels will turn the wrong way.
p/t?

Spuds1234
31st December 2009, 13:38
Yeah, christchurch..

Steve

HELL YEA:Punk:

_Shrek_
31st December 2009, 13:53
how do i get a license?

out of a Weet-Bix packet :whistle:

capnoty
31st December 2009, 18:23
thnx all for the help :)

The Pastor
1st January 2010, 12:37
make sure you bring enough money to buy a small bussiness.......

kwaka_crasher
1st January 2010, 12:42

Find somewhere else in NZ.

Nice big chip you have there. Not the biggest I've seen in the murder capital, but up there.

The Everlasting
1st January 2010, 12:42
make sure you bring enough money to buy a small bussiness.......

What sort of business? :rolleyes: A Dairy?

hayd3n
1st January 2010, 18:12
What sort of business? :rolleyes: A Dairy?

maybe a curry shop

The Everlasting
1st January 2010, 19:33
maybe a curry shop

Hehe yeah,there aren't as many of those,yet....:lol:

Cr1MiNaL
3rd January 2010, 19:15
What part of India are you from? Auckland is a great city. Lower your expectations on the party life though!

capnoty
3rd January 2010, 19:33
think you guys dun want me up there

Cr1MiNaL
3rd January 2010, 19:51

Na mate, it's called taking the piss, just give back as you receive and don't take us New Zealanders too seriously, it's all fun and games. :)

Ratti
3rd January 2010, 19:56
Hi capnoty. AK is fine. I spent 9 years there before I moved on. Dont let the twonks here put you off. There is a fair bit of racism going on in good ol' NZ, but a lot of us are good people, give us a chance huh? In Auckland, go see Frosty in Henderson. He has been posting on this site for years and I know he'd help you out. I've known him for something like 24 years and he is a genuinely good guy. You can search his name on this site to find his contact details. If he can't help he will be able to put you onto someone who can.

Welcome to NZ, there is room for one more on the road...if you get to Welly, then look me up

take care

Edbear
3rd January 2010, 20:30

Would that make you the world's fastest Indian...? :shifty:

O' course we do! Auckland's a great place! Anything you could want is here, except parking... :laugh:

Hi capnoty. AK is fine. I spent 9 years there before I moved on. Dont let the twonks here put you off. There is a fair bit of racism going on in good ol' NZ, but a lot of us are good people, give us a chance huh? In Auckland, go see Frosty in Henderson. He has been posting on this site for years and I know he'd help you out. I've known him for something like 24 years and he is a genuinely good guy. You can search his name on this site to find his contact details. If he can't help he will be able to put you onto someone who can.

Welcome to NZ, there is room for one more on the road...if you get to Welly, then look me up

take care

I'd recommend Frosty, too. Millar's Car Centre in Henderson. He's got a few bikes on the lot at the moment...

Cr1MiNaL
3rd January 2010, 21:15
Btw you can ride on your Indian lisense in NZ for a year. Everytime you leave the country and enter again it is valid for another year from the date of entry. Downside is insurance premiums are higher. I would recommend doing this. If you pick up a speeding ticket while on the I/L it won't count towards your NZ lisense once you convert it. You will have to tell the cops who pulled you over that you have just entered the country and are on holiday. I.e not planning to stay permanently.

capnoty
4th January 2010, 17:49
WOW Guys am impressed with all the help and ill surely go and meet Frosty and hope fully all the other members :)