PDA

View Full Version : Davide Gozzini

vroom
1st January 2010, 08:39
New Zealand’s Suzuki International Tri-Series.

Italian sensation, Davide “Gozzo” Gozzini mounted on a TM SMX450F writes himself into the history books at the famous Wanganui Cemetery Circuit. A prestigious event first run in 1951 and this year forming the jewel event in the Suzuki International Tri Series.
Motoworks rider Gozzini and his fellow countryman Lazzarini stunned a massive Wanganui crowd with a display of riding skill not seen before at the “Cemetery”, an on form Gozzo dominating both the Tri series events and clean sweeping the Wanganui races and earning the title of Speedy Gozzini with the New Zealand fans.
Initially reported by local media as riding his Factory Motoworks TM SMX660F Gozzo was in fact aboard a standard SMX450F fitted with his personal suspension, this fact stunning the fans further as they came to realise that Gozzini was posting lap records less than .900th’ of a second of the lap times being set by the 1000cc Superbikes, these bikes being over twice the capacity of the “little” TM rocket!!
The likeable Italian building on his growing fan base with three Nation titles to his credit from Italy, Australia and New Zealand. Davide’s New Zealand based Motoworks Team is looking forward to defending their titles in 2010 along with introducing a further team member.
Gozzini now has a short lay-off before testing starts in preparation for his assault on the 2010 World SM1 Championship aboard a TM SMX450FI.
Motoworks would like to thank their Sponsors for their support in obtaining the coveted Wanganui Cemetery title and Tri-Series Championship.
S-Attitude Sport Marketing, 747 Motorsport, TM Racing, Fitz-Tui, Franzone Motors and Ian Gray

TM Racing New Zealand - Motoworks
413 Tuam Street
Christchurch
Ph 03 389 0308

oldguy
1st January 2010, 11:42
never new he was here in the country, let_a_lone racing here bugga, would love to have gone to watch him racing.

red mermaid
1st January 2010, 11:48
I saw him race, and entertain everyone, at Wanganui and he was brilliant.

Very skilled too. I was watching him go through the S's and the way he used his balance, the bike power and his strength to get round was amazing.

tri boy
1st January 2010, 14:59
Motoworks rider Gozzini and his fellow countryman Lazzarini stunned a massive Wanganui crowd with a display of riding skill not seen before at the “Cemetery”,

Some how I think men like Pat Henan, G Crosby, R Scott, R Holden and many , many more would challenge that outrageous claim.
Sure, he can slide a chook chaser real well, but to claim the Cemetery Circuit has never seen such skill before is absolute rubbish.
Who writes such clap trap.

nadroj
1st January 2010, 15:46
One example.
I'll upload more when I get back from holiday.

Quasievil
1st January 2010, 15:48
Some how I think men like Pat Henan, G Crosby, R Scott, R Holden and many , many more would challenge that outrageous claim.
Sure, he can slide a chook chaser real well, but to claim the Cemetery Circuit has never seen such skill before is absolute rubbish.

They didnt ride Motards so clearly lack skill..........clearly:headbang:

ajw_888
1st January 2010, 15:55

What else would you write if you were the agent doing a press release...

Quasievil
1st January 2010, 16:30
Gozzini was posting lap records less than .900th’ of a second of the lap times being set by the 1000cc Superbikes, these bikes being over twice the capacity of the “little” TM rocket!!

I reckon it might be a bit more about sliding and backing in skills, I haven't checked my laps but on the basis of the above I think he might not be to far wrong, actually (in my opinion)

Kickaha
1st January 2010, 16:35
It was a bit more than .9 between him and the fastest Superbikes though

Although he would have qualified in front of Choppa:rolleyes:

ah no sorry Ivan Lazzarini would have

ajw_888
1st January 2010, 16:51
Fastest laps of the event from my laps

1 56 Craig Shirriffs 49.345
2 1 Andrew Stroud 49.546
3 5 Nicholas Cole 49.736
4 69 Jared Love 49.959
5 61f Hayden Fitzgerald 50.502
6 6 Sloan Frost 50.668
7 69 David "Speedy" Gozzini 50.967
8 I Ivan Lazzarini 50.971
9 36 Ray Clee 51.001
10 47 Glen Skachill 51.367

Gozzini was posting lap records less than .900th’ of a second of the lap times being set by the 1000cc Superbikes, these bikes being over twice the capacity of the “little” TM rocket!!

Marketing - didn't actually say the fastest 1000, but bloody fast for a chook chaser. I know the day was totally different but Darryl A got to 51.4 last year with Graig S doing a 49.8

gammaguy
1st January 2010, 16:53

theirein lie the distance between journalism and a press release<_<

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiw9uBA5AfY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiw9uBA5AfY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DJSin
2nd January 2010, 20:55
Here are a couple of pics of him from Wanganui

916Senna
3rd January 2010, 19:49
Lucky I didn't take my TM SMX450f then....you would have seen the quality of the guy he probably would have lapped me after one or two laps...lol

nadroj
5th January 2010, 18:35
As promised.

TOTO
5th January 2010, 23:00
As promised.

Thats some wicked photographu Jordan. many thanks. Have you got any other super cool photo shots like that ?

Shorty_925
6th January 2010, 11:01
If you go to speedbox.tv you can watch the 3 races.

husq510
5th April 2010, 22:37
http://www.supermotomania.it/it/component/content/article/35-news/748-mr-crocodile-gozzini-helmet-cam

check this cool video

The Pink Panther
25th April 2010, 14:14
Speedboxtv thanks