PDA

View Full Version : Riding gear, Leather VS ??

CBSteve
3rd May 2005, 12:42
Hi All
After seeing the damage that a Teknic takes in a skid down the road, I think I should get something better. However I am hearing comments on the lines of Leather is better for skidding and Teknic is better for rolling.
Can I have some opinions please?

Ta
Steve M

Lou Girardin
3rd May 2005, 12:54
Hi All
After seeing the damage that a Teknic takes in a skid down the road, I think I should get something better. However I am hearing comments on the lines of Leather is better for skidding and Teknic is better for rolling.

Ta
Steve M

This topic really has been done to death, trying searching some of the other threads.

bear
3rd May 2005, 14:23
Hi All

Ta
Steve M

Why would like want to roll? Wouldn't there be a higher chance of damage to yourself, rather than sliding down the road on your back or something?

JohnBoy
3rd May 2005, 16:29
Skidding is the way to go, my idea is rolling causes more injuries and skidding is rather an usually cool feeling (until you realise your bike is in pieces!)
i have had my last 2 crashes in leathers and not a scratch, bruise or otherwise. just busted back protector and scratched helmet.

enigma51
3rd May 2005, 16:40
How about not falling I like that a bit more. But if you want to Leather is the best kevlar suits tend to give carpet burns ....... or was that because of something else hmmmmmm

Zapf
3rd May 2005, 21:54
Skidding is the way to go, my idea is rolling causes more injuries and skidding is rather an usually cool feeling (until you realise your bike is in pieces!)
i have had my last 2 crashes in leathers and not a scratch, bruise or otherwise. just busted back protector and scratched helmet.

I agree.... skidding / sliding is way to go... except it rips your leathers more right?

I slided on my elbows and then rolled, as a result of the rolling I had small bruises on my hips. (landing on the elbows got me bruised / cracked ribs, cause I elbowed myself). Didn't bust back protector or helmet.... the 2 most expensive thing other than the bike....

John
3rd May 2005, 22:06
Well I've slid down the road more times than I can count in the same leathers, and they are yet to tear, Nazran (600$ pair) cheap and bloody wonderfull!