PDA

View Full Version : Well I've read enough threads time to post (skinny)

skinny
3rd January 2010, 18:35
Hey guys im Nick from Mt Wellington.

BMXed all my youth and teens and always knew i would one day put a motor on it and 7 years later finally did. Brought a 1995 Bandit 250V without ever riding and here i am 3 weeks later with my learners. Im totally addicted. There isint i day i dont go for atleast one ride.

As everyone learning the fun (or not so fun way) about fowled plugs and idiots on the road but other then that things are great.

Loving the noods / waves bikers do to each other it makes you feel included even though you dont know anyone.

I will be sure to Wave / Nod back.

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 18:44
Hey guys im Nick from Mt Wellington.

BMXed all my youth and teens and always knew i would one day put a motor on it and 7 years later finally did. Brought a 1995 Bandit 250V without ever riding and here i am 3 weeks later with my learners. Im totally addicted. There isint i day i dont go for atleast one ride.

As everyone learning the fun (or not so fun way) about fowled plugs and idiots on the road but other then that things are great.

Loving the noods / waves bikers do to each other it makes you feel included even though you dont know anyone.

I will be sure to Wave / Nod back.

Yupp. we love the noods as well ;)

Welcome to KB..

I, too, own a 95 Bandit :)

have fun getting them plugs out!! :2thumbsup

YellowDog
3rd January 2010, 18:49
Nood !!!

Is that what the posh people do down in Mt. Wellington?

I'm sure I could learn..................

skinny
3rd January 2010, 18:58
I could have at least spelt it as boobs. Cant win em all.

them plugs are fighters!

Mint, quite like the bandit just not sure it will be quick enough.... time will tell.

skinny
3rd January 2010, 19:00
Nood !!!

Is that what the posh people do down in Mt. Wellington?

I'm sure I could learn..................

Mt Wellington... Posh?? Your thinking Sylvia Park

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 19:01
Oh its quick.. I aint no small boy and have had it around at 140..

So for a little 250 with someone who isnt lacking the mayonnaise on the fish and chips... I will stand up that it has power.. Especially up and go from the line.. Take it yours revs right round to 17k before it redlines?

skinny
3rd January 2010, 19:09
Thats one reason why im starting with the plugs. She wont let me past 11K. Once tuned up i will re evaluate the power thing.:yes:

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 19:45
All i can say is good luck. I see yours have a red cover on it so that cant be touched apparently.. I dont have that so i am sweet! :D

have fun fixing her!

Feel free to take a look at my pics.. Put a couple on there of my girl yesterday

The Everlasting
3rd January 2010, 19:57
Yup,I too have the red cover,it means you have VVT,and it cannot be touched/tuned or anything.

That's what I was told by the Suzuki dealer..

skinny
3rd January 2010, 19:59
Yep red cover is Variable Valve Timming as far as im aware but could be wrong.

You dont know how to adjust the fuel misxture do you?

The Everlasting
3rd January 2010, 20:00
Yep red cover is Variable Valve Timming as far as im aware but could be wrong.

You dont know how to adjust the fuel misxture do you?

No that does mean VVT,100 percent sure.

Nah sorry no idea...how many Km's on the bike? Is it a bit rattly?

So it doesn't rev above 11k at all.........

skinny
3rd January 2010, 20:09
29K on the clock.

First bike so im not sure what to compare it to. I wouldnt say its rattly just running way to rich clogging up my plugs and spiiting out black powder.

it will sometimes go over 11k but only in netural.... sometimes. it splutters at 11K

The Everlasting
3rd January 2010, 20:14
29K on the clock.

First bike so im not sure what to compare it to. I wouldnt say its rattly just running way to rich clogging up my plugs and spiiting out black powder.

it will sometimes go over 11k but only in netural.... sometimes. it splutters at 11K

I would take it in to a Suzuki dealer and get it checked out,I took mine in the day after i got it.

Mine has 22k,runs mint tho...

I myself wouldn't go anywhere near the carbs,as there are four of the buggers....

skinny
3rd January 2010, 20:23
what would i be looking at for a service / tune up? $200 - $300?

The Everlasting
3rd January 2010, 20:30
what would i be looking at for a service / tune up? $200 - $300?

Well my service cost $400..they changed the oil,checked all the sparkplugs,checked gearbox,adjusted the sprockets,fitted on a new chain(old one was buggered),changed the brake fluids,fitted new front pads and various other things. Without the new chain it would have been around 260ish.

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 20:32
Yupp! sure will be that.. At a mates rate and box of beers! haha

skinny
3rd January 2010, 20:41
Sweet as, thanks for that. Looks like that is my next move.

I have to force myself not to play with it. But at the moment it at least does 120km and i am on my L plates.

The Everlasting
3rd January 2010, 20:47
Sweet as, thanks for that. Looks like that is my next move.

I have to force myself not to play with it. But at the moment it at least does 120km and i am on my L plates.

Hehe,yeah I'm on my L-Plates too,have had it up to around 140,overtaking. I do find it get's rather loud after 8k,I'm gonna get me some earplugs.

The Red Top motors are very rare,yours is only the second I've seen,the mechanic did say it's not good to have those,but I don't care,I like having something rare..:D

skinny
3rd January 2010, 21:21
"The GJ77A model comes with optional variable exhaust valve timing to boost midrange. You can tell these models by the red cam cover and the distinctive noise when 10,000 rpm is hit."

Now i know why it makes a rumble noise at 10K haha

Rare is good, why would it not be good to have them? parts?

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 21:36
I, Too, Have my L ;)

All 3 of us on L's with bandits eh?? Nice! :2thumbsup

I have a distinctive noise when i first start the bike up.. She sounds nice even before i open the throttle! Will post a link of her after i have uploaded it..

skinny
3rd January 2010, 21:49
I, Too, Have my L ;)

I have a distinctive noise when i first start the bike up.. She sounds nice even before i open the throttle! Will post a link of her after i have uploaded it..

I just think they a freakin sexy! Only cause i didnt want a sports bike for my first bike. Im 6'2 not some little japanese man.

Hopeful Bastard
3rd January 2010, 22:10
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZrgSFLbzhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZrgSFLbzhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here it is.. Crap quality from a crap phone ;)

skinny
4th January 2010, 07:31
Mint You have a few different bits on yours like Mirrors and Guage consol. Is that a sports exhaust? looks different to time too. Sounds better then mine also haha

one fast tl1ooo
4th January 2010, 07:38
Welcome to kb. good luck with the the bike.

Grasshopperus
4th January 2010, 09:29
Good one Skinny. Hope you get your your bike problems sorted, sounds like it could be a carb problem. Find the manual online, print it out and get cracking!

I'm pretty new to biking and have found ripping out the 4 carbs of my zxr (and then successfully cleaning and re-installing them) to be almost as satisfying as riding the damn thing!

Keep watching the newbies thread for rides. There's a few of us who try and organise impromptu rides on the weekends.

skinny
4th January 2010, 12:11
Yeah man be into ride with guys on here. Im all about impromptu.

The problem is my bikes specifically for the Japan domestic market so manuals are hard to find and are in Japanese. The hunt continues i have found bits and bobs but nothing about carbs yet.

The Everlasting
4th January 2010, 15:37
"The GJ77A model comes with optional variable exhaust valve timing to boost midrange. You can tell these models by the red cam cover and the distinctive noise when 10,000 rpm is hit."

Apparently it's because you can't adjust the valves etc.....

Hopeful Bastard
4th January 2010, 16:00
Mint You have a few different bits on yours like Mirrors and Guage consol. Is that a sports exhaust? looks different to time too. Sounds better then mine also haha

Yeah.. The mirrors are different.. I have also extended the right hand mirror so i am able to see past my arm.. lol.

Gauge is off a gsx i think?? No idea on the xhorst.. She's nice tho eh?

Mom
4th January 2010, 16:04

I, Too, Have my L ;)

Hehe,yeah I'm on my L-Plates too,have had it up to around 140,overtaking. I do find it get's rather loud after 8k,I'm gonna get me some earplugs.

The Red Top motors are very rare,yours is only the second I've seen,the mechanic did say it's not good to have those,but I don't care,I like having something rare..:D

Geeze you 3, get a room :laugh:

Welcome to KB skinny. Dont feed the Trolls and you will be sweet as.

The Everlasting
4th January 2010, 16:05
Haha yeah,let's start a Bandit 250 club!!