PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Ridge Run tomorrow (Monday 4th Jan 10)

KrazyGixxerBoy
3rd January 2010, 19:31
Hey everyone,

Checked the weather forecast and there's just a bit of early rain then clearing...and the wind is dying off!....so, plan on doing a "Ridge Run" tomorrow to Martinborough for coffee and eats!

usual drill, ride your own ride, get there safely and shoot the breeze with like minded individuals. All welcome but if you're a beginner, it's important that you ride your own ride as a few of us set a brisk pace.

Meet up at the bottom of the Haywards Hill in the gravel carpark on the Hutt side at 11:30am.

Hope to see you all there.

motoGrapher
3rd January 2010, 22:32
I might just turn up there! The winds were totally devastating at the Rimutakas today, i hope it doesnt happen tommorow, damn!

BMWST?
3rd January 2010, 22:33
Hope you right about the weather KGB.getting pissed of riding leaning to the {insert your side here} all the time.

KrazyGixxerBoy
3rd January 2010, 22:50
I might just turn up there! The winds were totally devastating at the Rimutakas today, i hope it doesnt happen tommorow, damn!

Winds apparently easing by lunchtime....Hopefully! I don't mind a bit of wind, it's the wind AND the rain that's not too much fun.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

KrazyGixxerBoy
3rd January 2010, 22:51
Hope you right about the weather KGB.getting pissed of riding leaning to the <insert your side here> all the time.

Mate, I hope I'm right too! Hope to see you tomorrow Paul.

Milts
3rd January 2010, 23:45
Well, if the wind dies down I'll at least turn up at the meet point. If there are no other newbies/250s there, I may leave you guys to it, but otherwise it sounds good - see you there!

Hawkeye
4th January 2010, 05:36
Just come along. We do pull over and wait for the slower riders to catch up at a couple of places. This ride is not a race. It's just a cruisey ride to a coffee stop with like minded people.
When KGB states 'brisk', he does not mean extreme.

KrazyGixxerBoy
4th January 2010, 07:24
Well, if the wind dies down I'll at least turn up at the meet point. If there are no other newbies/250s there, I may leave you guys to it, but otherwise it sounds good - see you there!

As Hawkeye said, there may not be any other 250's this time (unless Laxi's coming?) but the ride is definately 250 friendly. We stop at the summit to regroup and again at Featherston.

BMWST?
4th January 2010, 08:46
i am going on my old gspd.I dont push it .I have an inherent distrust of the piddly little front tyre.Therefore i dont build up too much speed or brake hard into corners=mostly go with the traffic

Cloggy
4th January 2010, 11:18
Damn, missed this. Would have loved to come. Organised at quite short notice which is understandable with this changable (and shit) weather we have been having.
It's been a while since our little group went for a coffee ride.
Is there anyway of PM-ing the group as a whole when organising rides?

BMWST?
4th January 2010, 12:10
Damn, missed this. Would have loved to come. Organised at quite short notice which is understandable with this changable (and shit) weather we have been having.
It's been a while since our little group went for a coffee ride.
Is there anyway of PM-ing the group as a whole when organising rides?

maybe through the social group,will check,was looking forward to it,a little wary riding with groups still esp with my "different" bike.Came to nought bloody front tyre was flat.Seems to be a slow leak but didnt want to be stuck halfway between gladstone and martinborough

BMWST?
4th January 2010, 12:21
maybe through the social group,will check,was looking forward to it,a little wary riding with groups still esp with my "different" bike.Came to nought bloody front tyre was flat.Seems to be a slow leak but didnt want to be stuck halfway between gladstone and martinborough

i think the only way cloggy is to suscribe to the group.I think you then get a pm or email whenever a post is made???

Cloggy
4th January 2010, 13:05
i think the only way cloggy is to suscribe to the group.I think you then get a pm or email whenever a post is made???
Nope, that is the silly thing. I am subscribed to the group but I can't see an option where you get notification that a new message or similar is posted to the group. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place. Is there a way of sending a PM to all group subscribers? That is also something I can't find.

BMWST?
4th January 2010, 14:47
Is there a way of sending a PM to all group subscribers? That is also something I can't find.

i cant find that either

Milts
4th January 2010, 15:05
Shame you couldn't make it BMWST, it was a good ride despite the breeze. I suspect I made a bit of a cock of myself trying to build up power/speed on the ZZR so I could overtake going up the hill :argh: but otherwise it was a good ride, looking forward to doing a few more once summer gets here!
Cheers Andrew for organising a good ride, and also to Gordy and Sotty for hanging back and putting up with my on my 250.