PDA

View Full Version : Ride Friday 7th

Firefight
5th November 2003, 18:24
Weather permtting, anyone keen on a ride this Friday ?
not sure were yet, will be south ,more than likely down to Rotorua
for latte by the lake etc etc, will be leaving Caltex Bombay about
9.00-930.:)

firefight:eek:

Andrew
5th November 2003, 20:05
hmmmmm, to take friday off, or not to take friday off?

MikeL
5th November 2003, 20:43
Damn and blast you Dave for putting more temptation in my way. Sooner or later my resolve will weaken and I will discard the habits of a lifetime and throw a sickie. And it will be your fault!!
And I bet the weather will be great! Grrrrrrr...

BTW Hope you're not too busy tonight - already several rockets have landed on the roof of my 100-year old kauri villa which would make quite a spectacular bonfire if it went up. If you do get called out to my place just make sure you play your hoses on the two bikes parked at the side first...
:p :2thumbsup

Slim
6th November 2003, 13:55
If you can get everyone out of bed a bit earlier, I'd be keen to join you from Hamilton. I have to be home by 2pm though.

Firefight
6th November 2003, 19:37
Originally posted by Slim
If you can get everyone out of bed a bit earlier, I'd be keen to join you from Hamilton. I have to be home by 2pm though.

Hi Slim, we were going to go via matamata, do you want to meet us on route ? Hinuera/Tirau?Matamata ? , let us know

firefight:cool:

Slim
6th November 2003, 19:51
Honestly? A "main drag" trip to Rotorua doesn't appeal that much, now I think about. Presuming that you're taking SH27 through to Tirau & SH5 (a nice road, admittedly) through to Rotorua.

Hmmm.

Can you PM me your mobile number & I'll text you in the morning? And are you still going for the 9am meet at Bombay?

130wide
6th November 2003, 20:00
I would've taken some time off to meet you guys in Rotorua.
Friday I have a "team building " exercise with work, hopefully next time.

Firefight
6th November 2003, 20:15
Originally posted by 130wide
I would've taken some time off to meet you guys in Rotorua.
Friday I have a "team building " exercise with work, hopefully next time.

No worries Richard, I'll be down Opotki on the 27-30, for the honda trail ride, I'm bringing the honda truck & trailer down with all the bikes, no doubt you will be there for that.

firefight. ps,
good luck with team building thingy, they tried it in our job, spent heaps of $$$, paying these Consultants types (no offense to any consultants on this site) only to find out that we were already working as a team, ?? go figure !!

Just remeber to tell them, "" theres no I in Team "" they love that shit.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

see ya ff

Coldkiwi
7th November 2003, 00:15
Am I right in thinking that a fire fighting crew that doesn't work as a team quickly becomes crispy kebabs? Sounds like a classic consultant ploy 'pay me to tell you what you already know!'

(i'd like to think I offer a better value as a consultant as I seem to spend a lot of time explaining very basic acoustic concepts to people and don't hear a lot of 'oh yes, i know that already' on the phone!!.... but I could be wrong :p)

Firefight
7th November 2003, 05:41
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
Am I right in thinking that a fire fighting crew that doesn't work as a team quickly becomes crispy kebabs? Sounds like a classic consultant ploy 'pay me to tell you what you already know.

How right you are CK :cool:

firefight:niceone:

Lou Girardin
7th November 2003, 07:18
Seen on a Mainfreight truck:

Consultants are those that come down from the hills when the shootings over and bayonet the wounded.
Lou

Andrew
8th November 2003, 12:21
Included is documentation of the mission of diplomacy. :rockon:

Firefight
8th November 2003, 15:19
Just a few details that my fellow diplomat missed,Ride was Bombay,Matamata,Tirau, Rottonrua, Taupo, Rottonrua, Matamata,and back to bombays, Did not see one cop on open road the whole day, weather was great, Fav bit of road for the day would have to be Reparoa to taupo, Found a new girl friend for Andrew (Ops) he just has to move to Taupo, . Had a bit of a race with one of those flash SS commer door thingys, but it would not go over 170, so it lost :niceone: Saw an intersting bike in Taupo, a Ducatti, with indicators imbeded into its mirrors, and a strange under seat pipe set up ?? anyone now which model SP ? Wkid One ?.

Highlight of day , No Cops, :niceone:

Found out why, walking the dog into Pukekohe that night, counted no less than 7 different cop cars in town !!

Thanks for your company on the ride Andrew, Sorry you could not make it Slim, maybe next time,

cheers firefight,:cool:

Slim
8th November 2003, 15:46
So why were you wading in the lake at Rotorua then???

MikeL
8th November 2003, 18:05
Originally posted by Firefight

Found out why, walking the dog into Pukekohe that night, counted no less than 7 different cop cars in town !!

Let's hope that with the V8s on again tomorrow, it will attract all the cops again like a magnet. As long as I avoid Pukekohe and the immediate environs, should be sweet!:rockon:

MikeL
8th November 2003, 20:07
And, yes, why were you splashing about in the lake? The temperature's not exactly tropical even at the height of summer...

Coldkiwi
9th November 2003, 07:42
Originally posted by Firefight
Saw an intersting bike in Taupo, a Ducatti, with indicators imbeded into its mirrors, and a strange under seat pipe set up ?? anyone now which model SP ? Wkid One ?.

thjat would've been a spanky new Ducati 999 Dave. You must've seen piccies of those before.

Well, I'm off out the door for my ride so lets hope the cops STAY at Puke :)