PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!!

Raumaka
3rd May 2005, 17:43
Hi my name is Chris im 12 years old im 5 foot 7 tall..well i want to get into trail riding but i dnt no wot bike wood be a good bike 4 a beginner and how many CC wood be good 4 me so plz plz plz guys help me :)

Motu
3rd May 2005, 18:01
Any piece of junk you can get hold of,some old farm bike maybe.You can learn heaps on something like that...all the basics like how to fall off and send the bike down into the bottom of a gully,how to start it again,then push,pull and grunt your way out.The bike will be small and light,indestructable even in your untrained hands,forgiving and reparable - then easily passed onto another 12 yr old who wants to learn.

The next step depends on how much money you can score,I'd go for a basic trail bike,you want to stay away from the likes of KX80s,these are a race bike and no fun for playing around on,which is what you need to do to learn.If you're 5'7'' at 12 you are as tall as me....I'm gunna get shorter,you are going to get taller and have the pick of any dirt bike.You really can't go passed the 200cc 4 strokes - XR200,DR200,TT225,these are all good bikes that a young guy can learn the ropes on and end up going real fast with.But anything around that level - check out some of those Asian Honda knock offs,$3000 or less and you can pick up a new one....you won't win a race,but you will learn.

Good luck and welcome....I hope you get to roost me someday.

Jackrat
3rd May 2005, 20:13
Mate 5/7 at twelve,your not going to have any hight problems in the future that's for sure.
Just to chuck a cat in the works I'll recomend my own all time fave'.
For max fun and eaze of mantainance I'd pick a KDX 175.
But then again as Motu says,any darn thing you can get your hands on.
I also belive that if you start with an old dog of some kind,you will learn more than if you start with the lastest an greatest,simply because the bike will make you learn.
What ever you do keep in touch an let us know how you go.
All the best.

cammo
4th May 2005, 12:05
you dont want to learn on a cr 125 though. thats for sure!!!