PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

ScarFace
4th January 2010, 18:19
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-263006880.htm

Interestd in this as a beginners Bike, Is it worth it to buy it an fix up? how much would it cost etc?

Cheers,

ScarFace

Henk
4th January 2010, 21:10
Would probably be Ok if the gauges still work well enough to fix it with duct tape assuming the price is right. I doubt that it would be worth the hassle and cost of shipping it from Nelson to Hamilton though.
A lot of these Chinese shitters are disposable, when it goes wrong throw the bike in a skip style of thing.

CookMySock
4th January 2010, 21:19
uh yeah, but you're in hamilton and its in nelson.. thats going to be expensive. Other than that, it shouldn't be hard to put the broken dash in place and glue it down. Anything not working will most likely just be a wire off. Whatever the case, you can put a bike speedo on it and it will be legal - if a moped even needs a speedo..

If I was less than an hours drive from it and I needed a total-newbie bike, I'd get it.. but not for much more than his start price.

Steve

EJK
4th January 2010, 21:23
I say it's worth $200. Not another penny more.

quickbuck
4th January 2010, 21:49
$200 would be it... A shame that this is NOT the reserve in this case!

I reckon it will be a good Mopedathon bike....

Hmmmm,
Looking at THIS (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=250563366) it appears that the thing was purchased for around $1500 a few months back.......

quickbuck
6th January 2010, 19:54
WHOLY Cow...
See what it went for?? Not such a cheap mopedathon bike after all.... Then again, nor was mine ;)

ScarFace
6th January 2010, 20:28
Wow $730

I just bought this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=262828377 for $1950, brand new, 2010, delivered (fully assembled to my door). I don't feel so bad now for letting it slip.

thanks all

quickbuck
6th January 2010, 23:27
Good on you.
Sounds like it has pretty good credentials... I'm sure the CRF50's are actually Chinese these days anyway.

I am a little dubious about the whole registering it as a Moped thing though.... It was said to me I could register the NS1 as a moped.....
Hell, a 50 (as the NS1 is) that can do 100km/hr bending the rules... Yup.. Well, it is as bad as riding a 500 on your learners really!

Over to you though.
Enjoy.

ScarFace
7th January 2010, 12:37
Yea almost all the imports have stock restrictors in them as per the requirements of Mopeds to not exceed 50kph, but to most its a simple job of removing this and hey presto 80kmh. And no WOF's so really who can check it, as long as im not caught by the Po-Po I should be right.

quickbuck
7th January 2010, 12:50
Yea almost all the imports have stock restrictors in them as per the requirements of Mopeds to not exceed 50kph, but to most its a simple job of removing this and hey presto 80kmh. And no WOF's so really who can check it, as long as im not caught by the Po-Po I should be right.

Yeah, fair enough...
Not worth my job though ;)