PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna ride sometime?

Sutage
3rd May 2005, 21:16
Hey all

Getting bike tomorrow, so was wondering maybe next week some time if anyone would wanna go for a ride? I live in west auckland so gimme a PM or post in here if ya keen

Hope to hear from you soon

-Richard

surfchick
3rd May 2005, 21:42
yup :devil2: :devil2:

FEINT
3rd May 2005, 21:46
was thinking of organising a ride for this Saturday up Old North Road for newbies. What you guys reckon?

edit: organised a ride http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=229758#post229758

gamgee
3rd May 2005, 22:10
on an sr250? stay away from hills!!! :killingme

Waylander
3rd May 2005, 22:34
I'll go for a ride. Anybody want to lend me a bike? j/k:drinknsin

surfchick
4th May 2005, 20:14
how's your baby now you've had a few days playing? any kookey moments?

Sutage
4th May 2005, 21:07
I got bike today at like 3.25 rode it around the block once then i had to go to work at 4. Got home at 8 rode around west auckland (huia road i think) for ike 15-20 mins, i think having rode a scooter really helped as i had no problem at all. Im just not great at low gear stuff and knowing when to change down to 2/1 etc. but comes with experience.

Dont think ill make the ride on Sat

Oh, dont see why you say the SR250 cant go up hills, where i live and rode is made of hills, it had no problems at all, must be your bike, or maybe you huh champ? :D

Will def be keen for a ride next week sometmie tho:D

Got all day to ride around tomorrow? Anyone got the day off? :D

-Richard

surfchick
4th May 2005, 21:19
i didn't say it can't go up hills. i a never rid an sr250. mines da srV250 and it kicks da hills no problemo. some oda rider said hills was bung. only one way to find out obewan

Sutage
4th May 2005, 21:37
Yeah wasnt talknig to you surfchick!

What are you doing tomorrow? Wanna go for a quick ride?

surfchick
4th May 2005, 21:46
i might be able to squirt out for a quickie mid day ish-but i got a meeting at 4 in town... so if i can't make it i think a pyrocam is lookin to ride tomorrow ev. ya could pm him to see.

Sutage
4th May 2005, 21:55
Yeh i start work at 4 so if you wanna do a quick one thats cool, ill prob be riding around all day so someone to learn off would be cool :D

jaybee
4th May 2005, 22:30
on an sr250? stay away from hills!!! :killingme

yup aGREE there :wait:

LED
4th May 2005, 23:29
i might be able to squirt out for a quickie mid day ish-but i got a meeting at 4 in town... so if i can't make it i think a pyrocam is lookin to ride tomorrow ev. ya could pm him to see.

Oh shit you mean its just me thats going to sling some crap about the 'quickie at mid dayish' - come on guys..............

Waylander
4th May 2005, 23:32
Oh shit you mean its just me thats going to sling some crap about the 'quickie at mid dayish' - come on guys..............
Yea I thought about it but then decided I'de leave it for Biff Baff. Seems he got lazy or something...

justsomeguy
4th May 2005, 23:38

Sorry was about to type something but got lost in a mud slinging match in another thread.....

by the way she replied saying yes........ so ....... :niceone: ........:whistle:

LED
4th May 2005, 23:46
Hey all

Getting bike tomorrow, so was wondering maybe next week some time if anyone would wanna go for a ride? I live in west auckland so gimme a PM or post in here if ya keen

Hope to hear from you soon

-Richard

whenever I can, where-ever, with who-ever, female without question!!, this is motorbikes we're talking about right........good, glad we got that sorted........ :whistle: .........in that case hard and fast, may slow down a little bit so I can remember to breath again...........will definitely climb all over bike, try a myriad of positions (WT you may want to use a dictionary for that one!), probably disobey most cautions and certainly safe riding advice, think its disgusting that 'old' people still ride, love my bike like no other and want to leap on top of her as often as I can, usually prior to going to work and then arriving at home...............hope that answered your question.......... :devil2:

jaybee
5th May 2005, 07:21
whenever I can, where-ever, with who-ever, female without question!!, this is motorbikes we're talking about right........good, glad we got that sorted........ :whistle: .........in that case hard and fast, may slow down a little bit so I can remember to breath again...........will definitely climb all over bike, try a myriad of positions (WT you may want to use a dictionary for that one!), probably disobey most cautions and certainly safe riding advice, think its disgusting that 'old' people still ride, love my bike like no other and want to leap on top of her as often as I can, usually prior to going to work and then arriving at home...............hope that answered your question.......... :devil2:

WTF !! how old is your bike ??? thats abuse ! :msn-wink:

gamgee
5th May 2005, 08:11
haven't got time for a proper reply but the sr250 won't go 100 up hills

surfchick
5th May 2005, 09:57
Sorry was about to type something but got lost in a mud slinging match in another thread.....

by the way she replied saying yes........ so ....... :niceone: ........:whistle:

this site's fulla rascals :devil2:

Waylander
5th May 2005, 10:47
this site's fulla rascals :devil2:
Don't ya just love us though?:2thumbsup

jaybee
5th May 2005, 16:25

nah try 80 :laugh:

surfchick
5th May 2005, 20:27
Don't ya just love us though?:2thumbsup
well mr bikeless hell
that depends on whether I'm being rascled or whether its me that's doing the rascling...(did i just make a neologism, 2 neologisms-??) :devil2: :devil2:

LED
5th May 2005, 20:42
yep - me thinks 2 neologisms - has someone met surfchick? I am starting to think she is fictitious.........surfs, biker and fancy words....nah, can't be true!!

surfchick
5th May 2005, 20:54
i'm very mysterious :devil2:

Waylander
5th May 2005, 23:50
yep - me thinks 2 neologisms - has someone met surfchick? I am starting to think she is fictitious.........surfs, biker and fancy words....nah, can't be true!!
Nah but I know someone who has. Keeps tellin me she's hot too.:msn-wink:

campbellluke
6th May 2005, 00:50

Damn that is slow gamgee ;p

I get 140+ up the kilmog ;p in 4th gear

Ixion
6th May 2005, 01:07

I have no experience of the SR250, but it's spec on paper suggests it should be able to hold 100 up most hills.

Probably need to go down to top minus 1 though. Remember on a 250 you don't have the torque of a big bike, So you need to keep the revs up and change down lots

The SRX250 (admittedly, more powerful motor) will hold 120+ kph up pretty much any hill - steepness determines the gear .

What does hit it though is that hills are often windy and if you have to slow down for a tight bend it doesn't have the grunt to blast back up to 100 in the short straight before the next bend.

But on a straight hill the SR250 should be able to hold 100 I would have thought. Buzzing a bit though but.

Sutage
6th May 2005, 22:23
One more point for the SR250

Came off today on gravel, not going overly fast but ended up in a bit of a tangle, SR250 is fine, no problems at all, no scratches, indicators didnt come off

no it aint the fastest bike on the road, but for a learner its pretty damn good

gamgee
6th May 2005, 23:11
jeeez how did you manage to fall off, was it wet?
also in practical experience, with my sr250 only 25000k's on it and it had a rebuild done on it recently, it drops down to about 90 on hills, unless you drop in behind a truck or something to break the wind then i can usually hold 100 pretty easily, and i'm a skinny little shit to so no prob's there

Sutage
6th May 2005, 23:17
Nah it was dark, didnt see and wasnt expecting the gravel, came off nicely:D