PDA

View Full Version : Jordan paves way for motorcycle vacations

Bob
8th January 2010, 01:41
The Middle-Eastern state of Jordan is offering itself as the latest destination for a motorcycle touring holiday, as ministers signed a grant project for the Jordan Motorcycle Club to encourage inbound and domestic tourism on motorcycles.

The club will work hand-in-hand with the Jordan Tourism Development Project (JDTP) to coordinate motorcycle based events and tours, as well as the establishment of safety standards (such as all riders will be expected to wear helmets).

Secretary General Raja Gargour said "We have the most beautiful natural scenery on Earth. How better to see it than in the open air" Gargour went on to describe how the Kingdom is “is replete with winding scenic roads passing archaeological and natural sites away from major highways, the perfect routes for motorcycle rides.”

Ibrahim Osta, head of the JDTP added "Supporting motorcycle tourism will help diversify the tourism offering in Jordan and attract a niche market of visitors to the country, in addition to promoting a new way to explore Jordan's amazing sites to locals."

Bodies interested in joining the scheme will have to obtain a licence allowing them to import and ride larger capacity motorcycles. Committing traffic violations will see these licences revoked, to ensure that tourists are cared for to a high standard.

thepom
10th January 2010, 10:50
One of the most visually stunning places I,ve been to and the people were great too. untouched treasure.....

Eddieb
19th January 2010, 10:25
One of the most visually stunning places I,ve been to and the people were great too. untouched treasure.....

+1 from me too, Awesome place and it would be great to tour via bike.

tri boy
19th January 2010, 18:49
Thinking, thinking, thinking..................................

"Kaaannnnnie, how much play money we got??":scooter::scooter::sunny: