PDA

View Full Version : YEEA BOI getting my full licence soon but what 2 get

High_Voltage
8th January 2010, 09:17
Im looking at a 600 for my 1st real bike but im thinking wether to get a gsr600 which theyre round 10k or a saw some older and higher mileage triumph tt600s for around 6k
The gsr's are cool looking naked bikes but i love my triumphs too so... whats the best option???

Sly_guy
9th January 2010, 11:27
as a GSR600 owner, I can highly recommend them !

very versatile, in that they're great for commuting, with gentle power lower down the rev range (making things VERY smooth), and then if you fancy a bit of fun, they go like snot at higher revs !

I use mine to commute 60k each day, and then for rides at weekends... great fun :)

Hazza
28th January 2010, 11:58
If your going to get a tt600 the best year is 2003 as the earlier ones had some fueling issues. Id personally recommend the TT I use mine for everything. Track days, commuting to work and weekend riding i love the seating position. They handle great and power wise its good down low in the rev range they are easy enough to stick to the speed limit then up in the top end you have a lot of power to reach some decent speeds. They sound great with a pipe on them too. But each to there own i guess. Id say go for some test rides and see what you feel most comfortable on. If you want to know more about the TT is can recommend this site... http://www.triumphrat.net/ Under the Super sports forums.

Skinny_Birdman
2nd February 2010, 17:07
Im looking at a 600 for my 1st real bike but im thinking wether to get a gsr600 which theyre round 10k or a saw some older and higher mileage triumph tt600s for around 6k
The gsr's are cool looking naked bikes but i love my triumphs too so... whats the best option???

Hooray, someone coming off their learners who doesn't want to go straight to a thou!! A decision you won't regret, IMHO.

But each to there own i guess. Id say go for some test rides and see what you feel most comfortable on. If you want to know more about the TT is can recommend this site... http://www.triumphrat.net/ Under the Super sports forums.

Good call. I haven't tried either the TT or the GSR, but CBR 600F3/4 might also be worth a look. I rented a 2006 CBR 600F4S (not sure if these were/are sold new here - they are a slightly dumbed down version of the previous 600 F4, marketed in the UK and US at least as a softer alternative to the 600RR ) when I went to the IoM. It was comfy, handled nicely, and had oodles of grunt without being overly revvy. I guess they might be a bit more pricey than the others, and you'd have to put up with all the bulls*** Honda bashing, but what the hey - you get Honda build quality, so its a fair trade. Like the man says, test anything you can lay your paws on.

pc220
2nd February 2010, 19:15
YEEA BOI ? . Im thinking Honda might be your style.

Winter
2nd February 2010, 19:30
I'd say Triumph.. but I'm probably a bit biased..

blossomsowner
2nd February 2010, 19:40
go suzuki I say...........

or what about a street triple, they are real nice machines

lanci
2nd February 2010, 21:10
The one in my signature!

slydesigns
10th February 2010, 16:23
easy... buy my Dayt ona 675 for 10K.