PDA

View Full Version : Who's been in a physical fight?

FROSTY
10th January 2010, 18:41
I saw a pole put uprecently by someone put in a nasty position recently. I couldn't help but notice the greatest number of respondees said they in the OP's position would get into a bit of a biffo.
So I feel I must ask. How many of you have actually been in a fight as an adult ?
I don't mean harsh words shouted I mean a real biffo.
Gwan be totally honest.

Id be interested to to see how many are or have been involved in fighting for a sport. Boxing,K1 etc

White trash
10th January 2010, 18:43
I've toyed around with gloves on with Deano. MOtherfucker kicked me in the ear.

I may have said Repsols were gay or summit........

FROSTY
10th January 2010, 18:44
if you aint at the hopital I suspect youll get a BIFFO FROM MRS TRASHY

kave
10th January 2010, 18:46
Not since I was in my late teens (around a decade ago). I'm not the largest of guys so I try to avoid situations where I might get punched. Definitely easier to avoid fights since I have been married, all physical disputes I have ever been in (excepting in sports such as Judo and Wrestling) have been because of a female.

Slyer
10th January 2010, 18:47
I'm 20 and I've never had a real fight, if I count.

Crasherfromwayback
10th January 2010, 18:52
Fighting ain't cool...but there comes a time (in my opinion) that someone needs a biff. I grew up in Wainuiomata, then went to Naenae College. If you didn't stick up for yourself there...you were fucked.

cynna
10th January 2010, 18:52
havent been in a proper fight since highschool. been a bouncer for a few years so been a few minor scuffles. in most cases guys are all talk and back down pretty quickly

train in muay thai and spar a couple of times a week but will probably never compete

White trash
10th January 2010, 18:59
if you aint at the hopital I suspect youll get a BIFFO FROM MRS TRASHY

LOL. Just got back, she's on the way to dropping mate but it's slow going so we'd rather be here for 24 hours than there.

Edbear
10th January 2010, 19:02
I've never been very big and have been threatened a few times, but as a poster above said, most guys are all talk. I've been in three situations where bigger guys wanted to fight and when I finally faced them and calmly invited them to do so, they backed down. One youngster I worked with tried very hard for two years to get me to fight him, but I steadfastly refused. Eventually he gave up and we were up on some scaffolding one day talking about our lives and he had a rep for fighting, he was a well built Maori, and said he learned how to fight in pubs. I happened to mention I'd learned Kung Fu but never had to use it. He went very quiet after that...

I've still never had to fight and hope I never do.

Fatt Max
10th January 2010, 19:04
Last year I had a punch up with a couple of blokes who knocked a chick off her scooter.

NIce wee scrap really but she fucked off without a 'thanks fatso"

Ended up having to snog one of these fuckers just to get rid of him

Other than that, no real adult fisti cuffs, lover not a fighter me....

wbks
10th January 2010, 19:08
he was a well built Maori,Oh, must be a good fighter, then I happened to mention I'd learned Kung Fu but never had to use it. That thing people who are too scared to kickfight or box go to?

I've still never had to fight and hope I never do.Unless you're getting your ass kicked you'd probably enjoy it...

wbks
10th January 2010, 19:11
Last year I had a punch up with a couple of blokes who knocked a chick off her scooter.

Other than that, no real adult fisti cuffs, lover not a fighter me....Oh Yea I remember that post, it was fuckin funny hahahaha.

riffer
10th January 2010, 19:14
I'm like CFWB. I grew up in Stokes Valley and went to Taita College. Pretty much part of the scenery. Don't do it any more though; I haven't needed to hit anyone in years.

GOONR
10th January 2010, 19:16

Other than that, no real adult fisti cuffs, lover not a fighter me....

Not even back home after a match? Last proper one for me was years and years ago, early twenties I guess.

Edbear
10th January 2010, 19:22
Unless you're getting your ass kicked you'd probably enjoy it...

I wasn't being racist, just illustrating how well built he was. Most young Maori and Polynesian males have a good physique and I often bemoan that there is none of those races in my bloodline as I was always a skinny white kid. No matter how hard I worked physically, I was never going to be able to compete. Also, the simple fact that he was a well built Maori doesn't automatically make him a fighter, I said he learned to fight in pubs.

I doubt Kung Fu exponents would consider themselves too scared to fight or kickfight. My Dad taught me to box and I could punch a brick wall hard enough to impress other guys without breaking my hand.

I don't enjoy hurting people, heck, my nick name's Snotex! Aggression doesn't impress people, only strokes the ego of the agressor and turns women right off...

wbks
10th January 2010, 19:28
I wasn't being racist, just illustrating how well built he was. Most young Maori and Polynesian males have a good physique and I often bemoan that there is none of those races in my bloodline as I was always a skinny white kid. No matter how hard I worked physically, I was never going to be able to compete. Also, the simple fact that he was a well built Maori doesn't automatically make him a fighter, I said he learned to fight in pubs.

I doubt Kung Fu exponents would consider themselves too scared to fight or kickfight. My Dad taught me to box and I could punch a brick wall hard enough to impress other guys without breaking my hand.

I don't enjoy hurting people, heck, my nick name's Snotex! Aggression doesn't impress people, only strokes the ego of the agressor and turns women right off...I didn't say you're racist, I was just poking at how everyone seems to think maoris and polis are so fucking tough, and the kung foo bit was at how 90% of people I know that do kung foo/karate kind of stuff, and 90% of them I saw from when I did it were usually there because they were treated like everyones bitch, and not much changed when they did it, they just knew a bunch of theory.

Dean
10th January 2010, 19:29
Id be interested to to see how many are or have been involved in fighting for a sport. Boxing,K1 etc

Kickboxing on this end.
Started off boxing, mixed things up then got told to join NSKB.

With every combo I finish it with my Right hook, thats my trademark, because some are fairly impressed when sparring with me.
Keep it in the ring guys!

dogsnbikes
10th January 2010, 19:36
genernally I stayed away from pub brawls etc but would fight like hell too protect myself/mates and belongings

had a couple in the early 90's though

one was mates 21st was gatecrashed these guys wanted leathers,its was discovered a week later the right side of my jaw was fractured,but hey I still had my leathers

the other was 94

(its was my birthday) when I walked into my kitchen and some twat was slapping his missus around.........that was enough to give the guy a fucking good hiding regardless of his so called black belt,
but thats not going to protect ya nutz

Deano
10th January 2010, 19:38
Kickboxing on this end.
Started off boxing, mixed things up then got told to join NSKB.

With every combo I finish it with my Right hook, thats my trademark, because some are fairly impressed when sparring with me.
Keep it in the ring guys!

Well that's a bit predictable isn't it?

Oakie
10th January 2010, 19:38
Threw a punch on a couple of different occasions at school when I got pushed too far but since then, nothing more than a couple of sports related 'incidents' in the last thirty years.

wbks
10th January 2010, 19:40
Well that's a bit predictable isn't it?The dude knows how to 'dance'... EVERYONE knows that!

Edbear
10th January 2010, 19:41
I didn't say you're racist, I was just poking at how everyone seems to think maoris and polis are so fucking tough, and the kung foo bit was at how 90% of people I know that do kung foo/karate kind of stuff, and 90% of them I saw from when I did it were usually there because they were treated like everyones bitch, and not much changed when they did it, they just knew a bunch of theory.

Yeah, I guess when you're that well built and head and shoulders above the masses you are naturallly thought to be tough. Most of my Maori and Polynesian friends are big pussycats and open and generous to a fault!

I figured the Kung Fu jibe was a p/t... Theory is fine if it remains theory but in the end fighting is 90% mental preparation and preparedness.

I believe that if one has to fight one has already lost. I gained the respect of those who wanted to fight me, but I doubt I would have if I had fought them, if you know what I mean?

hayd3n
10th January 2010, 19:42
been in a couple fights
+ did karate (go ju ryu)for 5 years 10 years ago in petone

wbks
10th January 2010, 19:51
Yeah, I guess when you're that well built and head and shoulders above the masses you are naturallly thought to be tough. Most of my Maori and Polynesian friends are big pussycats and open and generous to a fault!

I figured the Kung Fu jibe was a p/t... Theory is fine if it remains theory but in the end fighting is 90% mental preparation and preparedness.

I believe that if one has to fight one has already lost. I gained the respect of those who wanted to fight me, but I doubt I would have if I had fought them, if you know what I mean?
That would be right if most polis didn't get old and fat n die of some heart desease, and either of them were more successfull in competetive fighting. Personally there are only a couple of people I have ever fought with that haven't ended up a mate of mine. At least that way you can quit the shit talking and glaring. As for the karate thing, youd be surprised how well the average brawler would do against the majority of clowns who have only ever done something resembling a bad dance routine for fighting

Edbear
10th January 2010, 19:57
That would be right if most polis didn't get old and fat n die of some heart desease, and either of them were more successfull in competetive fighting. Personally there are only a couple of people I have ever fought with that haven't ended up a mate of mine. At least that way you can quit the shit talking and glaring

I understand what you say. As I said though, whenever I did turn and face them they backed down. Maybe the fact that I was so calm and direct put them off. I don't know if they'd have kicked my butt, they were all bigger than me, (one guy literally was head and shoulders over me), but I faced them unconcerned and perhaps that sent them a message they didn't want to face.

McJim
10th January 2010, 19:59
Glasgow, London, Football matches. etc. Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was sent to Judo and Tae Kwon Do as a child and learned useful techniques which help make fights rather short in the real world. I am also not above using furniture, scenery and fittings to gain an advantage. Fighting (if it has to happen) has nothing whatsoever to do with honour and everything to do with being able to walk away from the situation alive. I have been along to the local Kickboxing Dojo and will be going back when time and money allow. I have never started a fight though and I intend to keep that record intact.

kevfromcoro
10th January 2010, 20:04
been in a couple fights
+ did karate (go ju ryu)for 5 years 10 years ago in petone

go ju ryu.. done that in my younger years..

its hard shit aint it..
got knocked out a few times by my instrustor.
Hrd cunt he was

GOONR
10th January 2010, 20:09
......London, Football matches. etc. Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. ......I have never started a fight though and I intend to keep that record intact.

Yup, couldn't agree more.

marty
10th January 2010, 20:20
I haven't had a good scrap since about 2004. Change in career :)

One in yr2000 was a 'him or me' type of fight - I'm pretty sure I would have been kicked to death if I didn't get the better of him. At the time I was (Ironman) fit but only 88kg - I only got the better of him as he got tired before me. I got a broken jaw and some broken ribs from being kicked.

Otherwise, at 100kg I tended to pre-empt being hit, and asked questions later. I didn't go to work to be some p-head's punching bag.

Marmoot
10th January 2010, 20:20
Once me and my mate were in the men's changing room and he said something that is a bit nasty to me. Then I realised I happened to have a wet towel in my hand, and so was he. So we went into quite a fisticuff. At the end, our bottomcheeks are quite red from the slapping. Wet towel can hurt if you use it too many times!

Dean
10th January 2010, 20:22
The dude knows how to 'dance'... EVERYONE knows that!

Making that thread was a mistake, I am only human so are you, sometimes rage will get the worst of you, you will learn this one day when someone pushes your buttons to the max (if its not already happened). But reality is that man could of killed me, when he hopped out of the car was I doing wrong or just keeping alive so I can come home to my family? And using a substitute word so there'd be no direct statement from me on a public forum about an incident that police were investigating? You decide.

I'm keeping my fights with gloves on, dont say I can fight because you havent met me you need to find out for yourself, by that I mean lets go for a ride to North Shore Kickboxing and have some go's on the punching bags not against eachother its fun, I got a 10 concession card and membership so we'd be sweet.

wbks
10th January 2010, 20:31
Making that thread was a mistake, I am only human so are you, sometimes rage will get the worst of you, you will learn this one day when someone pushes your buttons to the max (if its not already happened). But reality is that man could of killed me, when he hopped out of the car was I doing wrong or just keeping alive so I can come home to my family? And using a substitute word so there'd be no direct statement from me on a public forum about an incident that police were investigating? You decide.

I'm keeping my fights with gloves on, dont say I can fight because you havent met me you need to find out for yourself, by that I mean lets go for a ride to North Shore Kickboxing and have some go's on the punching bags not against eachother its fun, I got a 10 concession card and membership so we'd be sweet.
Dean, I'm being respectful by not just saying " I don't care" because you are more open than most people on here by saying this: I don't really care. Chances are if I say something that you don't like (i.e making fun of your "dance" thread) I'm either just doing it to get a reaction or I mean it but I don't give a shit what you say about it, because you're right, I don't know you - So it's not like I can respect you

gatch
10th January 2010, 20:37
Been in a few situations, a few years ago I got the crap kicked out of me by a couple of little cunts.

Since then, take no shit from anyone, haven't had any problems since.

Practising MMA is cool too..

scumdog
10th January 2010, 20:41
Once our twice or so I have failed to make life enjoyable for people and they have tried to let me know....to their detriment......but mostly I try to avoid such encounters.

XRVrider
10th January 2010, 20:46
Had my fair share of fights... usually helping a mate, who was ganged up on. I never threw the first punch unless there was 2 to 3 against only me. Luckily did Zen Do Kai for a while, taught me only to defend and judge the situation. Also good punching technique, that helped plenty, between 1 and 3 punches and it usually ended. Hate kickers... hate em. And always try to be smart and talk your way out, hard if you're being mugged though. Broken nose, arm and loose teeth the worst I got and I won those ones.

98tls
10th January 2010, 20:46
Once our twice or so I have failed to make life enjoyable for people and they have tried to let me know....to their detriment......but mostly I try to avoid such encounters.

You could always tassle them mate.

Dean
10th January 2010, 20:54
Dean, I'm being respectful by not just saying " I don't care" because you are more open than most people on here by saying this: I don't really care. Chances are if I say something that you don't like (i.e making fun of your "dance" thread) I'm either just doing it to get a reaction or I mean it but I don't give a shit what you say about it, because you're right, I don't know you - So it's not like I can respect you

I understand you fully, like with all people - you dont know me so get to know me! (in a non gay way)....yer that kinda sounds gay doesent it.

Edbear

You could always tassle them mate.

I heard it was because he chases them in the nude...

98tls
sometimes rage will get the worst of you, .

And when it does you have already lost.

PirateJafa
10th January 2010, 20:58
Once. A drunk guy wanted to have a go at me over some [probably] imaginary issue. Me being a small skinny fucker, I headbutted the fucker, felt like I broke his nose, then I promptly retrieved my mates from the bar and we quickly moved off to the next before he got up.

Might not have been the most "chivalrous" method, and I might not have "seen it through to the end", but fukkit, not only do I have no interest in that shit, but neither am I built for it.

The rest of the time I have successfully avoided physical violence - if it goes pear-shaped, GBH's can look very bad on your record.

Dean
10th January 2010, 21:06
And when it does you have already lost.

:yes:

When anger takes over you lose.
You lose morals.
You lose friends.
You lose family.
You lose yourself.
Only losers lose!

98tls
10th January 2010, 21:09
That aside my point was generally you lose the fight.When in a rage the thought process is lost,without that theres no hope of a physical victory.

Dean
10th January 2010, 21:25
Spot on 98tls.

Do you by any chance fight/train in an martial art?

T.W.R
10th January 2010, 21:40
This is a worthwhile read :yes:

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/marcmacyoung.html

Marc 'Animal' MacYoung

There's plenty of links related to this bloke

Been in a few serious punch-ups in my past, including putting people in hospital and only just avoiding spending time in ChCh central police cells :slap:
No glory in fighting....just pain, anguish, & regret :no:

Drunken Monkey
10th January 2010, 21:53
Not had any biffo outside of the dojo as an adult. Probably the closest thing would be shirt grabbing and a bit of push + pull otherwise. Some people have deserved getting their arse kicked though, but I've not had to follow through. In my experience some people still don't find mat/ring sparring the same, and still itch for a scrap from time to time, so I don't think it suits all personalities.

Grasshopperus
10th January 2010, 22:00
Glad you used the word sports in your poll as sports is what most people learn when they think martial arts
Karate
Judo
Boxing
Kickboxing
BJJ
Aikido
Tae Kwon Do
..and more

are all just sports. They all revolve around rules;1 on 1, a referee, protective gear (get a boxer to fight bare knuckle, they suck), point scoring and honor.

As an adult I think that most fights are avoidable and if they aren't then you're going to be using things like eye gouging, groin and neck attacks, weapons and fighting groups of enemies. All of which can be fatal or create permanent injury. Sport-fighting is good for fitness, discipline and when you have to temporarily disable your drunk uncle at the family bbq.

Fighting, styles, and experiences have an absolutely massive wank factor and you can google the shit out of all of this until the cows come home.

2 years of judo, 3 years of japanese jiu-jutsu + iai-jutsu, meh.

TOTO
10th January 2010, 22:01
2 times ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPXnoLAEUSQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPXnoLAEUSQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

98tls
10th January 2010, 22:07
Spot on 98tls.

Do you by any chance fight/train in an martial art?

No,simply had when a young fella a stepfather that used to lose the plot when he got pissed,at first i would see red and simply end up getting the shit kicked out of me,got a bit older and learnt to slow everything down and focus my hatred.One day it all came together and after another attempt to belittle my old lady things worked out well and a week or so later he left.

BuckBuck#1
10th January 2010, 22:21
Many moons ago, you're in the city in uniform, on parade and marching, rotten eggs and spittal fly your way, shouts and threats of violence in your face...discipline was key.

A few hours later, you're in the city in uniform, its not a charade and you're not marching. The eggs is still on your uniform, and the dried spital on your face, there are no shouts nor threats of violence, only the regrets and solace on your face, where discipline kicked in and the broken bones and bruises were left behind outside while you enjoyed yet another beer with those that questioned nay.

sinfull
10th January 2010, 22:36
Never !!!!!

nudemetalz
10th January 2010, 23:17
Glad you used the word sports in your poll as sports is what most people learn when they think martial arts
Karate
Judo
Boxing
Kickboxing
BJJ
Aikido
Tae Kwon Do
..and more

are all just sports. They all revolve around rules;1 on 1, a referee, protective gear (get a boxer to fight bare knuckle, they suck), point scoring and honor.

Not strictly true. Ninjutsu that I did for quite a few years involved more than 1 on 1,...no pads,...no protective gear (only the gi of course) and no point scoring !!!
I still have missing teeth from my gradings....

I'm lucky to say I've only used it twice and only because I had to. Didn't like that either.
One time was in a line to go into a nightclub with my girlfriend (going back a few years now). A few drunk dudes behind me started oggling her and groping her. I told them to bugger off as she didn't like that. Then one of them came up to me and started pushing me around. I told him to pee off as I didn't want to get into a fight. He pushed me again and I dropped him. His mates picked him up, looked at me and then buggered off.
My girlfriend then got stuck into me, calling me an a'hole for making a scene and embarrassing her !!!
The bouncers at the door also told us to leave !!
Sheeez,..couldn't win ay.

Anway, wasn't proud of doing that and wiill always avoid a fight where I can.

Tank
11th January 2010, 08:55
'back in the day' days I was a little tearaway.

I did kickboxing and competed to a high level for about 7 years. (Never made the top billing of a large promotion but was generally the under card). Still got a few nice trophies for that. Hell even did some rounds with Ray Sefo (who was so much better than me it was embarrasing).

Did Katate for many years at the same time - fought in the NZ vs Hawai International (came runner up - got owned in final), and trained with the NZ team on many occasions - however Kick boxing was more my sport.

Sadly it got me into more trouble than its worth - 3 assult serious assult charges - the last one (being honest here) if it wasnt for my dads QC mate - I would have been heading to Jail.

Decided to tuen life around - gave up fighting and moved overseas to get out of the group I was in. Most of them have now dont jail time.

Came back to NZ - started boxing again for fun, did OK - got to level of taking a low end (and I mean low end) professional fight when got injury and had to give it up. (sadly).

Have put on weight since then grrrr - as Dean and DB like to point out.

As for being in real fights - yes - and I can honestly say I have no idea how many. Lots. Win / loss record is pretty good.

HOWEVER - I learnt the hard way that fighting in the street etc there is rarly a real winner. There is always a risk that something goes terribly wrong (as did in my last assult) and you can end up either hurting someone (or worse killing them) and end up facing a ton of jail time - runining your life and the life of youre family.

Thats why no matter what - a physical fight should always be the last resort - and you should do everything possible to walk away.

edit: rounds with Sefo were at training - not a fight (that fucker rips heads off - and I was never in that league)

rachprice
11th January 2010, 09:31
Muay Thai for the longest amount of time, a bit of brazilian ju-jitsu, judo, karate, tae kwon do...Muay thai is my favourite!
A few scraps when I was at school or just out of high school....

Lias
11th January 2010, 09:43
Bit of Karate, bit of Judo, bit of jujitsu.

Lots of streetfighting when I was younger, more than I care to remember. A good night out used to be getting pissed going to town and stomping on some homies. Won some, lost some, but never been KO'd and always gave a good account of myself. Came from the "do anything to survive" school of fighting, and I'm somewhat amazed in my old age that I dont have a string of serious convictions, having inflicted injuries I'm pretty sure were permanently disabling on at least a few occasions.

These days I work part time as a bouncer so I still see a bit of action, but nothing compared to when me and my mates used to go hunting for it when we were kids. Bouncings all about restraint and removal rather than fighting, thou I have assisted the odd person down the stairs :rolleyes:

Edbear
11th January 2010, 09:46
Muay Thai for the longest amount of time, a bit of brazilian ju-jitsu, judo, karate, tae kwon do...Muay thai is my favourite!
A few scraps when I was at school or just out of high school....

Remind me not to creep up behind you and say, "BOO!" :)

Headbanger
11th January 2010, 10:06
(get a boxer to fight bare knuckle, they suck),

Not from what I have seen, All the shit bags I have known with boxing experience crush people when the shit hits the fan. You only need to know how to throw 2 different punches to win most brawls.

Tank
11th January 2010, 10:08
Not from what I have seen, All the shit bags I have known with boxing experience crush people when the shit hits the fan. You only need to know how to throw 2 different punches to win most brawls.

The gloves are there only to stop cutting up the other person. Not to protect hands etc.

A boxer knows how to punch well - to think that they cannot punch beacuse they have gloves off is ridicilious.

Tank
11th January 2010, 10:11
Rex Kwon Do will kick your ass:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKmUsVeKp1o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKmUsVeKp1o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Headbanger
11th January 2010, 10:12
Alrighty, Went to a few shitbag schools where violence was a daily past time, Have a cunt of a brother who still insists on starting fights to this day but he's fucked in the head, Not brotherly fights, but smashed skulls type of fights.After school I went straight into a scene where brawling/drinking and riding bikes was highly regarded, though only if you won the fights. They were a constant, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,Sunday, any other time you were called to arms. Many of the people I kicked around with and fought against have since featured prominently in the News since that time. A few are in hiding overseas or out in the backblocks.

Been stabbed numerous times, shot, run down with a car, baseball batted, All before I was 21, went fuck this and got the fuck away.

Drunken Monkey
11th January 2010, 10:23
Not strictly true. Ninjutsu that I did for quite a few years involved more than 1 on 1,...no pads,...no protective gear (only the gi of course) and no point scoring !!!

Through kiwidojos, i.e. Bujinkan? Not a student of Michael Gent are you?

Tank
11th January 2010, 10:32
If I really want to fuck someone up - I use the force:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HPPj6viIBmU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HPPj6viIBmU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tank
11th January 2010, 10:35
Drunken Monkey Style fail (with applogies to KB Drunken Monkey)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d2L_JCljxwA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d2L_JCljxwA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NewRob
11th January 2010, 10:48
once, a long time ago....

Headbanger
11th January 2010, 10:51
For the ladies

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XAWFBbQa_84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XAWFBbQa_84&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tank
11th January 2010, 10:52
In all seriousness - one of may fav fighters of all time - Lennie McLean.

The guy was a monster - but had a special 'east-end' charm about him. Loved him in Lock Stock also.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/muGpJE1kLSo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/muGpJE1kLSo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nudemetalz
11th January 2010, 10:57
Through kiwidojos, i.e. Bujinkan? Not a student of Michael Gent are you?

Yes it was Bujinkan Dojos,..and I met Sensei Gent. Very powerful man,..both physically and emotionally. Hell of a nice guy.

Lias
11th January 2010, 11:47

The guy was a monster - but had a special 'east-end' charm about him. Loved him in Lock Stock also.

The man's an absolute legend, and quite probably the most succesfull fighter of all time, given his record is somewhere in the vicinity of 4000 win to 6 losses (aprox. noone knows for certain the exact numbers)

Mikkel
11th January 2010, 11:50
I haven't been in a fight since primary. And hopefully it'll remain so. I have no idea what would happen - I was quite a berserker as a kid and if I dropped the ball I do not want to consider the potential consequences. No desire to fight though and I haven't really had anyone come looking for either.

Plenty of years practising martial arts though. Presently aikido does it for me, I like the non-violent conflict resolution that it allows.

Drunken Monkey Style fail (with applogies to KB Drunken Monkey)

That video is awesome. One guy - all show, the other guy - all business... only one way that can end!

Yes it was Bujinkan Dojos,..and I met Sensei Gent. Very powerful man,..both physically and emotionally. Hell of a nice guy.

Most highly accomplished martial artists that I have met have been softly spoken, well-humoured people. The last people to go looking for opportunities to show off their abilities.

Mully
11th January 2010, 12:58
Once once - other than a bit of pushing and shoving - have I had anything resembling a serious "fight"

About 13-14 at High School. Having a verbal stoush with a guy when he runs at me. It was bascially lucky timing as I threw my fist just as he approached me, connecting with his nose and eye. He recoiled (didn't fall over, damnit) and ran off. I, as it happened, managed to fracture two bones in my hand. On his face.

Both of us, as I recall, were threatened with suspension (which was somehow meant to be a punishment, I never did figure out how three days off school was punishment).

vifferman
11th January 2010, 13:48
I saw a pole put uprecently by someone put in a nasty position recently.
What sort of pole was it - a stripper's pole? Power pole? Tent pole?!? :confused:

I've only been in one fight as a (semi) adult, when I was 18. We had both been drinking, the other guy was really competitive, and I knew I had fuck all chance of winning. So... I took the initiative, got him on the ground, smacked him in the head a few times, and thought that was it. Unfortunately, he didn't like being whupped, and came back for another go. Even more unfortunate was some of my mates tried to grab us to stop us, but didn't do a very good job of grabbing him, so he landed a few while my arms were pinned. I had a handle of beer in one hand and got my arm free and smacked him on the chin.
It was a dumb idea fro the point of view that it broke the handle and spilt my beer, but it stopped the fight and shut him up OK.

avgas
11th January 2010, 14:21
That aside my point was generally you lose the fight.When in a rage the thought process is lost,without that theres no hope of a physical victory.

I beg to differ. I know I am not the most polished fighter. But when the penny drops I have the ability to fuck shit up.
There is probably a little maori fulla down in Kati who would agree. He failed to dodge the mountainbike thrown at his face.

I won the fight - but I admit I lost the war. It wasn't until later that I sought anger management.

gwigs
11th January 2010, 15:13
Started off learning Judo,then Shotokan .Trained on and off over the last 30 odd yrs.I was teaching 4 nights a week and running 2 dojos up untill 6 yrs ago when arthritis stopped me.Still would practise now if I could.Try to avoid fights if I can but I,m also a stroppy little bugger who doesnt like being pushed around and dont like to back down..

Used Judo a lot at high school in fights with bigger guys (but most guys are bigger than me).
I would trick the big guys by giving them a good shove which they would then feel the need to show me how much harder the could shove back..suckers...as they shoved I,d hold on to them using their strength and the momentum to my advantage and drop to the ground as I stuck my foot into their stomach and launched them into space still holding on to them.I would end up kneeling on their shoulders pinning them down,then cou[le of punches to the head and would leave them bruised ,winded and looking stupid...Tomanagi I think the throw was called....my favourite :devil2:

scumdog
11th January 2010, 16:10
No glory in fighting....just pain, anguish, & regret :no:

So true - only glory in it if you're 12 years old - or have the brain of a 12 year old....

(Sport fighting excempted from the above)

wbks
11th January 2010, 16:13
(Sport fighting excempted from the above)
???

CookMySock
11th January 2010, 19:23
I don't fight. But I hate to think what I'd do to someone if I was really fooken upset and I was carrying something heavy and they turned their back for an instant. Doesn't bear thinking about actually. It's not really fighting - its more bashing.

Steve

Deano
11th January 2010, 19:25
I don't fight. But I hate to think what I'd do to someone if I was really fooken upset and I was carrying something heavy and they turned their back for an instant. Doesn't bear thinking about actually. It's not really fighting - its more bashing.

Steve

That's just stoopid. Can't you control your emotions or are you just toughing it up for the net ?

Fatt Max
11th January 2010, 19:36

Yeah, he was a legend. If you get a chance then read his book The Guvnor, fascinating.

Your story about the Chelsea fans was a cracker mate, loved it

Mad Tank, the new Guv'nor.....!!

Mikkel
11th January 2010, 19:56

Steve

Yes, it is always easier to hit people in the back isn't it? Somehow I think you might surprise yourself (and us) by doing something smart for once: Legging it!

george formby
11th January 2010, 19:57
I did Judo for 12 years & ended up pretty competitive, more sport than violence. It gave me great ability to get out the way on the odd occasion some one did have ago, usually pished, and the presence of mind to do what I had too, to avoid getting hurt myself. Violence sucks, always made me feel nauseous after trouble & useless for not being able to prevent it in the first place.

Shadows
11th January 2010, 20:39
Some little puke pulled a knife on me once.

It's now sitting in the top drawer of my bedside table. Every once in a while I pull it out, have a little chuckle, and then put it back again.

Blackshear
11th January 2010, 20:40
Elbowed some really mouthy cunt in the jaw after getting sick of him running around gloating that he gets $600 a week from ACC for killing someone from t-boning a car while speeding.
It ended with another elbow to the jaw, such a daft bugger lol.
Best part? I received a small golf clap and was awarded another bourbon. Wootles!

Grasshopperus
11th January 2010, 21:04
Elbowed some really mouthy cunt in the jaw after getting sick of him running around gloating that he gets $600 a week from ACC for killing someone from t-boning a car while speeding.
It ended with another elbow to the jaw, such a daft bugger lol.
Best part? I received a small golf clap and was awarded another bourbon. Wootles!

You are my hero. That guy sounds like the world's biggest arsehole.

CookMySock
11th January 2010, 21:06
That's just stoopid. Can't you control your emotions or are you just toughing it up for the net ?Yup it is. Like I said. I don't fight. I stay RIGHT out of situations. Long term, controlling your emotions just makes it worse - you have to let it out in a safe manner.

Sounds like you toughing it up for the net actually.

Steve

Blackshear
11th January 2010, 21:21
You are my hero. That guy sounds like the world's biggest arsehole.

Why thank you, kind sir. Shouldn't have told me to fuck up after a few 8% bourbons lol.

davebullet
11th January 2010, 23:01
The closest I've come to a fisticuff was when this old lady took the last tub of Cookies and Cream at the supermarket that I had my eye on.

Lucky for her, she was with her husband who had a weapon (a walking stick), so wasn't worth the risk.

mynameis
11th January 2010, 23:18
Not a hater :love:

jeffs
12th January 2010, 00:05
If I really want to fuck someone up - I use the force:

I swear to god that guy was the same one waving his baton around, just before he washed my car windows on Hobson St.

If I had known he was that dangerous I would have wound the window down and paid him :)

YellowDog
12th January 2010, 05:20
I'm 20 and I've never had a real fight, if I count.

If you have managed to get to 20 without having a fight, then I suspect the skills you have will get to 40 without a fight.

Genie
12th January 2010, 05:47
OH...What a tame bunch. Sorry, but i have had far too many fights. terrible temper as a child, first fight i was about 7....bad bad girl. Went from bad to worse and by the time i hit college...doesn't bare remembering.

last one i had i was about 28....nasty little bitch of a flatmate, moved out owing about $800 so i took it out on her face. so glad i've lost that nasty side of me. fighting is such a waste of time and anger.... anger is an emotion I'd rather never feel again.
Give me love and cuddles. I now back down from even the most pathethic of confrontations....became a lover not a figther.

Deano
12th January 2010, 07:12
Yup it is. Like I said. I don't fight. I stay RIGHT out of situations. Long term, controlling your emotions just makes it worse - you have to let it out in a safe manner.

Sounds like you toughing it up for the net actually.

Steve

Being in control of your emotions in any situation is a good thing.

I don't feel I need to tough it up for the net actually. I have nothing to prove.

And thanks for the red Steve - some coming your way soon. And no I won't keep my smart mouth in check.

Mikkel
12th January 2010, 08:42

I don't feel I need to tough it up for the net actually. I have nothing to prove.

And thanks for the red Steve - some coming your way soon. And no I won't keep my smart mouth in check.

Hey at least he's predictable eh. ;)

avgas
12th January 2010, 13:30
That's just stoopid. Can't you control your emotions or are you just toughing it up for the net ?

Errr sorry to state the obvious - but "Control your emotions"????
No one can do that
They can only control how they show them.....its called E.Q.

KiwiGs
12th January 2010, 13:50
Let’s see I am vertically challenged, mouthy and a very slow runner (and an equally slow learner).....

Deano
12th January 2010, 16:22
No one can do that

If you'll note my following post you will see I worded it better, just for any pedantic twats that take things at face value when the meaning was pretty bloody obvious. I.e Keeping your emotions in check, not letting your emotions gett the better of you.....whatever. But well done. Wanna medal for your efforts ?

Edbear
12th January 2010, 18:50
OH...What a tame bunch. Sorry, but i have had far too many fights. terrible temper as a child, first fight i was about 7....bad bad girl. Went from bad to worse and by the time i hit college...doesn't bare remembering.

last one i had i was about 28....nasty little bitch of a flatmate, moved out owing about $800 so i took it out on her face. so glad i've lost that nasty side of me. fighting is such a waste of time and anger.... anger is an emotion I'd rather never feel again.
Give me love and cuddles. I now back down from even the most pathethic of confrontations....became a lover not a figther.

Hmmmm.... :crazy:

Expert
30th April 2011, 09:33

I was in a club and a girl i fancied at school was in there with her boyfriend, he was a big rugby type and somebody came up and started laying into him.
For some strange reason i got involved, i should have let them beat each other up and then taken the tart home to "console" her.
Anyway, i strolled in and bashed the guy in the face and he went down like a sack of shit, unfortunately it was the wrong guy.

I didn't get any thanks for that either....

Edbear
30th April 2011, 11:52
No one can do that

Is that related to IQ..? :shutup:

awayatc
30th April 2011, 12:27
Fights?
not anymore,
last one was in Ozzie niteclub,
well in my fourties..
Unfair fight,
only 2 of us and a whole heap of them.....
unfair for them....

\m/
30th April 2011, 12:33
Had a fight with a workmate at a past job, I don't blame him for the fight though, the place was a miserable shithole to work at.

allycatz
30th April 2011, 12:45
ex always said if I was ever going to hit him to do it once and do it right.....I hit him once and knocked him out:woohoo:

Edbear
30th April 2011, 12:52
ex always said if I was ever going to hit him to do it once and do it right.....I hit him once and knocked him out:woohoo:

Baseball bats can be very handy..? Of course if you'd used your fists, remind me never to get you upset, okay..? :blink:

JimO
30th April 2011, 13:17
i was in a bar a few years ago when this big naked guy comes in and says "gif me your clooths and mutercycle" so eventually i gave him my clothes and motorcycle

unstuck
30th April 2011, 15:55
More times than i am proud of:facepalm:

schrodingers cat
30th April 2011, 16:11
Worked for a bloke once who used to say
"It's weak legs that let a body hurt"

Agree 100%

As for wrong place, wrong time - its not uncommon to be somewhere and there is a angry man vibe. I go elsewhere.

5 years violin lessons, 3 years salsa dancing

ynot slow
30th April 2011, 16:33
Just do it on a sports feild,in course of sport,works well.Amount of times telling an opponemt"ya momma was a good root last night"seems to really annoy em,seems the guy giving me hassles couldn't take my sledges back at him,even ref agreed the twat deserved a punch(we had to hit the showers at same time lol),but as he attempted to hit me and missed,I made no mistake.And he was 16yr and me was 35ish,younguns no grit.Mind you his dad was a big dude,not happy he thought I'd shagged his wife hehe(she was hot),think son got his dads intelligence,both pretty thick.

tigertim20
30th April 2011, 17:42
I saw a pole put uprecently by someone put in a nasty position recently. I couldn't help but notice the greatest number of respondees said they in the OP's position would get into a bit of a biffo.
So I feel I must ask. How many of you have actually been in a fight as an adult ?
Gwan be totally honest.

around 50 - 60 fights in the ring. not nearly as many outside it, but a few none the less

Drew
30th April 2011, 17:45
I'll answer tomorrow.

DrunkenMistake
30th April 2011, 19:24
I used to get into at least one every rugby game when I used to play,
and have had the occasional scuffle with the odd scarf wearing 'Home boy'

sunhuntin
30th April 2011, 19:32
only one in high school. chick was 5 years older and i beat her fair and square. amazing how instincts kick in! i went for the hair and used my nails, lol. plus it was one of the few times my weight was an advantage.

Woodman
30th April 2011, 19:51
Lots playing Rugger. When they made fighting and rucking against the rules I gave up. I mean whats the point??

Got in a few when younger, all at pubs oddly. One in particular there were tables and chairs flying round, girls crying, the whole nine yards. Funny thing was it ended up outside and the publican eventually let both groups back in if we promised not to do it again. What do you think happened the minute we walked back in?
Eventually the cops piled us into our car and followed us to the town limits where they made us stop and told us to drive home to our town and don't come back tonight. I was convinced that no one had hit me until I woke up the next morning.
Doesn't seem as cool now:facepalm:

terbang
30th April 2011, 19:57
A fat bully at school used to push me and others around all the time. Caught me in a grumpy mood one day, I got mad (and brave) and punched him square in the face. One of those perfect ones that he never even saw coming. He went down like a sack of crying spuds and he never pushed me around again. I actually surprised myself.

Apart from a bit of boxing and then taekwando in my 20's where I really only sparred with guys in a controlled environment, that was the only punch I've ever thrown in anger.

onearmedbandit
30th April 2011, 21:32
Got into a few scraps in my youth, but now I spend my weekends sparring with a black belt and a purple belt.

Edit - And getting my arse kicked I should add.

DEATH_INC.
30th April 2011, 21:58
Not for a long time...the last 'fight' I had was back when I was into weight training hard out, guy tried it on in a night club, so I picked him up and threw him into his mates......the bouncers took over from there. It was kinda funny really....
Nowadays you hafta get me pretty angry to fight, I'd rather not.

Brian d marge
30th April 2011, 23:44
Im good to go

Ya have to piss me off first, and if I aint been drinking that takes a lot

Whats the problem ,?

Casper's in Derry, and I'm from London , its put up or shut up time ....

Stephen

Brian d marge
30th April 2011, 23:49
As for wrong place, wrong time - its not uncommon to be somewhere and there is a angry man vibe. I go elsewhere.

Pretty much every pub in New Zealand then

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5kqnnz_yLy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stephen

James Deuce
1st May 2011, 01:21
You know what Frosty, I'm in shit physical condition, but if you want a go I reckon I could get one good shot in before you kick me in the nuts or stab me or whatever your choice of cheating in a straight fight is.

schrodingers cat
1st May 2011, 07:55
Pretty much every pub in New Zealand then

ESPECIALLY when we lose the rugby

DMNTD
1st May 2011, 08:17
Been in more than a few :facepalm: and would see it as success if I never get in another :sunny:

tri boy
1st May 2011, 08:35
Been mixed up, and shit scared in one or two real drag down, kick the fuck out of them,call the ambos type. (all in ozzie).
I never wanted to be involved, but "mateship" is a testing relationship sometimes.
Scary, and dangerous is the best way to describe it.
Get out of the situation quick, and you might be ok.
Best thing is leave before the situation escalates.
Abo's have the thickest skulls known to any species, and fight like hornets.
Drunk Aussies are strong but unco ordinated.
Drunk construction workers brawl like fuck.
Yugoslaves like knives.

scumdog
1st May 2011, 11:11
As for wrong place, wrong time - its not uncommon to be somewhere and there is a angry man vibe.

Yep, the pubs during the week-ends are classic for that.

Shake my head and think "what a bunch of losers".

Usarka
1st May 2011, 11:15
Yep, the pubs during the week-ends are classic for that.

Shake my head and think "what a bunch of losers".

And then bash the next crim who gives you some lip or "resists arrest"! :lol:

Maki
1st May 2011, 11:24
Never been in a real fight. Have had to control drunk people who thought they were fighting me but I knew better... My intimidating presence keeps people from attacking me, and my fear of injuring them keeps me from attacking them.

Have been in play fights in a dojo but thats not fighting...

ac3_snow
1st May 2011, 17:43
need a pole option for being smacked and not fighting back.
(10 islanders trying to steal a car off two scrawny white guys, call me a pussy but I think I did the smart thing by getting out of there!)

The Singing Chef
1st May 2011, 18:00
Yugoslaves like knives.

How very true!! Been slashed a couple of times and a knife thrown into my chin :blink: One was a millimeter away from my carotid artery :shit: Often stay out of them though. Not the best way to spend a night

pzkpfw
1st May 2011, 18:45
Just one "real one".

At a bottle store, me and a friend (and his girlfriend) on our way to another mates 21st. We were 19. Some younger guys in a car say something to my mate, so he walks over to them, suddenly he's surrounded by 6 guys who look like they're pileing in.

I dump my glasses and go charging in. No idea what's going on, but there's lots of scuffling. (When stuff moves fast my brain can't keep up. (Get off the bike, you say?))

So I find myself with one of the other guys in front of me. I've got him held by his jacket, one hand on each side, and he's pushed up against a power pole.

He's got his arms free and he's whacking me on the side of my head. Bang. Bang. Bang. (Because of the way I was holding him, he couldn't get a straight punch in).

But really, I don't want to hit him. Not so much fear of being hit back, I just don't want to punch someone. (I think.) I'm staring right at him, and thinking through my options. All I come up with is: I fold up one leg behind me and fall backwards, pulling him down with me. I think I figured if we were both on the ground the hitting would stop.

It kind of worked, because from the ground I looked up and my mates girlfriend is yelling at us both, and we both just stand up and kind of cool down. Then I run over to my mate, on the road with four guys kicking him, and they just slink off back to their car.

Later I had to give a statement at the police station. They made these guys write a letter of apology to my mate, who'd laid a complaint.

The funniest bit was the way the cop had written my description of the "fight".

Somewhere in a filing cabinet somewhere (actually, probably dumped after all these years) is a statement, supposedly made by me, saying "I fell to the ground to stop him hitting me".

Geez.

ellipsis
1st May 2011, 19:05
...never been shy of gettin the first punch in...realised back when i was around ten or so that gettin stood over was for jessies...won a lot, lost a lot...still ready to go...most epics ive had over my life have been the foundations of good friendships, down the track...then again, i am a lightweight ginga viking...spent the odd few hours locked up for being a beligerent twat...wouldn't change a bit of it...if my boys or girls ever came home moaning about bullies etc, they got the standard flannel...dont moan about it, do something about it...bring back swords and honour...played rugby til i was 48, ran on for a senior team at 44...thick or what...

oldrider
1st May 2011, 19:55
Hmmmmmmm. ..... proudly a yes vote, no explanation required. :innocent:

Brian d marge
1st May 2011, 20:01
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/co26PuQPX2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Classic this one

Stephen

nighthawk
1st May 2011, 20:26
Unfortunately as a matter of my employment I often find myself facing individuals who are looking for a fight or who are actively trying to beat the Be Jesuuuus out of some poor sod.:shit:
Generally I try to reason with these people but every now and then you get a "P" or alcohol fueled LOON that no amount of reasoning can help, at this point being able to defend myself without really inflicting injuries is a god send:facepalm:

I once worked with a chap who on more than one occassion used a Christmas hold

on larger individuals to great effect :gob:

fuknKIWI
2nd May 2011, 00:16
Gwan be totally honest.

Who hasn't?
But how do you answer two questions with one set of answers?
Life has is little mysteries:gob:

fuknKIWI
2nd May 2011, 00:25
...never been shy of gettin the first punch in...realised back when i was around ten or so that gettin stood over was for jessies...won a lot, lost a lot...still ready to go...most epics ive had over my life have been the foundations of good friendships, down the track...then again, i am a lightweight ginga viking...spent the odd few hours locked up for being a beligerent twat...wouldn't change a bit of it...if my boys or girls ever came home moaning about bullies etc, they got the standard flannel...dont moan about it, do something about it...bring back swords and honour...played rugby til i was 48, ran on for a senior team at 44...thick or what...
"Or what" definitely not thick mate:blink:

fuknKIWI
2nd May 2011, 00:27
unfortunately as a matter of my employment i often find myself facing individuals who are looking for a fight or who are actively trying to beat the be jesuuuus out of some poor sod.:shit:
Generally i try to reason with these people but every now and then you get a "p" or alcohol fueled loon that no amount of reasoning can help, at this point being able to defend myself without really inflicting injuries is a god send:facepalm:

I once worked with a chap who on more than one occassion used a christmas hold

on larger individuals to great effect :gob:
................bjj?

fuknKIWI
2nd May 2011, 00:42
Glasgow, London, Football matches. etc. Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was sent to Judo and Tae Kwon Do as a child and learned useful techniques which help make fights rather short in the real world. I am also not above using furniture, scenery and fittings to gain an advantage. Fighting (if it has to happen) has nothing whatsoever to do with honour and everything to do with being able to walk away from the situation alive. I have been along to the local Kickboxing Dojo and will be going back when time and money allow. I have never started a fight though and I intend to keep that record intact.
Well said Jimmy...see you:sunny:

fuknKIWI
2nd May 2011, 00:47

I love you
but I'm already married... love this thread though..

Owl
2nd May 2011, 08:21
Always fighting as a teenager.......mostly brother, father and next door neighbor, but it was never my fault:innocent:....... yeah right:facepalm:

Not so much as an adult though!

I once got punched several times in the head by a chick, after trying out a new pick-up technique and of course didn't fight back.:no: Pick-up technique was successful though:D and spent 4 "violence free" years together.:yes:

Only other violent confrontation, was when a drunk attacked my partner (she was bar manager trying to diffuse a situation). No punches thrown, but I grabbed him by the throat and dropped him to the ground. A few words exchanged and I let him up. I had to, because his (also drunk) Mrs was stomping on his face with her stiletto's, while attempting to remove my hand from his throat:facepalm:

Fighting sucks!

Banditbandit
2nd May 2011, 09:59
Hmmmmmmm. ..... proudly a yes vote, no explanation required. :innocent:

+1 (min of 10 characters)

avgas
2nd May 2011, 10:40
i was in a bar a few years ago when this big naked guy comes in and says "gif me your clooths and mutercycle" so eventually i gave him my clothes and motorcycle
Do you smell like bacon now?

jazfender
2nd May 2011, 21:13
Scrapping all the time.. I like to go and move strangers' bikes for no reason

Brett
2nd May 2011, 23:57
Spent 4 years boxing
Have spent half a year in Jujitsu
Have spent 1 year in military close quarters combat.

Boxing, many scraps, all amatuer.
Jujitsu, waste of time...all show pony stuff.
CQB/CQC every week we train in controlled fights/milling.

Outside of situations I am in by choice, the only other biffo I have had as an adult was as a manager at a company about 4 years ago. It was the company xmas do and the builders/labourers onsite had gotten out of control with the spirits/beer and I closed the bar up to prevent things getting out of hand. One big gorilla of a clown decided to king hit me from behind as revenge. Got him in a head lock until he was restrained by some other workers, but never hit back (would have been fired as well if I had)

First rule is simple, if you can avoid the fight in the first place, do so. If you can't, make sure you shut the attacker down as fast and efficiently as possible.

ellipsis
3rd May 2011, 08:53
....crikey, you stopped those ruffians in their tracks...what did you use..jiu jitsu from japan..kung fu from china..?

...nah, mate...lump of wood...off the back of the truck...

Dogboy900
3rd May 2011, 15:26
Competitive Judo from when I was a wee fella till my mid 20's
Kickboxing in my mid to late 30's had 5 goes in the ring. Back training again now and might make a come back if I can get fit enough, maybe branch into MMA matches.

Outside of that a couple of scraps with some arse holes who totally deserved a smack!
One with a guy who was having a go at a guy half his size, the other two guys who followed me around harassing my GF and I at a BBQ for over an hour before I finally gave in.

Fighting outside the ring is not really worth it, but sometimes you are not left with much choice.

HEMA
4th May 2011, 11:48
used to work in a lock-up facility for youth offenders. Still run into some of them and they usually try to have a go (especially if they have their gang buddies to back them up). I've been cut a couple of times: if you fight back and they realise that they are not going to win easily the knives come out... Still, if you don't fight back they are going to kick the shite out of you when you are down.
Used to work as a bouncer and never really got into anything serious back then. Ironic that now years later I have to put up with this.

Paul in NZ
4th May 2011, 12:37
used to work in a lock-up facility for youth offenders. Still run into some of them and they usually try to have a go (especially if they have their gang buddies to back them up). I've been cut a couple of times: if you fight back and they realise that they are not going to win easily the knives come out... Still, if you don't fight back they are going to kick the shite out of you when you are down.
Used to work as a bouncer and never really got into anything serious back then. Ironic that now years later I have to put up with this.

Goodness I wish I hadnt read that - its very sad.... What the hell do we have to do to turn that around?

nosebleed
4th May 2011, 12:41
I'll answer tomorrow.

So how'd you get on? The roaring silence doesn't bode well.

nosebleed
4th May 2011, 12:43
Used to work as a bouncer and never really got into anything serious back then. Ironic that now years later I have to put up with this

Almost. Irony would be if you worked as a florist and had to put up with it. In this case I'd say it's more an occupational hazard.

Maha
4th May 2011, 14:21
I've been in a fight, but I lost...girls eh?

k1w160
4th May 2011, 15:42
Yep, a few times, and would do so again if the situation called for it.

Edbear
4th May 2011, 19:23
I've been in a fight, but I lost...girls eh?

How do you manage that? I keep telling my wife I need a good hiding, but she declines... :bye:

Paul in NZ
4th May 2011, 19:55
How do you manage that? I keep telling my wife I need a good hiding, but she declines... :bye:

I heard she agreed you need hiding.... especially when visitors arrive... :innocent:

Edbear
4th May 2011, 19:57
I heard she agreed you need hiding.... especially when visitors arrive... :innocent:

Is that what she meant..? :facepalm:

Camshaft
4th May 2011, 20:58
sparring every sat, kickboxing. awesome workout. only time ive ever been close to a fight was when i called a guy that i didnt even no was gay, gay. he didnt like that.

jazfender
5th May 2011, 20:52
sparring every sat, kickboxing. awesome workout. only time ive ever been close to a fight was when i called a guy that i didnt even no was gay, gay. he didnt like that.

was he prettier than you?

Camshaft
7th May 2011, 18:25
was he prettier than you?

He was pretty, but nt my type