PDA

View Full Version : 05 Speedtriple

Sensei
4th May 2005, 19:19
Well went & checked out the new SP3 today at my local shop . Mustard colour not the best look for the bike . As with my old 98 T509 had to be black to look the best . had a sit to feel what it was like seemed alot of weight over the front even with the MX bars. Back end felt fairly soft hope they have sorted out the high speed damping which was crap on the 509 . All in all
apart from the undrseat mufflers and bored out motor & new front end with radial brakes not alot different from the old models will have to wait for Mags to do a review so we can see how they stack up against they other Tough competition Eg Ducati SR4 / Toruno R spec / Benelli TNT / New BMW1200R

MD
4th May 2005, 20:09
Now Sensei that was a really 'neutral' review. As a past owner you are better placed to judge the newie. So spill the beans, did you like it or not. Me, I do. I think it's a hot look except those bug eyes that seem to leave the front looking sort of unfinished. AMCN and the latest Two Wheels have done reviews but they were on the brief side.

pritch
4th May 2005, 20:31
Well went & checked out the new SP3 today at my local shop .

They never let you have a test drive ?

:-)

Sensei
4th May 2005, 20:33
MD all the guys at the shop waited for my reaction of the new bike , they know how I feel about Triumphs at the moment ,
After owning a 98 T509 Speed Triple for 2ys & have it shit all its Big end bearings at 19k then shit its clutch metals & fibres plus springs at 23k then had 2 headgasket leak at 30k- 36k . Oyea then snap 4th gear in half at 180k up a narrow back road at 44k , all together $6000 in just fixing it you may see why I'm not to intersted in any Triumphs at this point in time so hence the neutral write up

MD
4th May 2005, 22:42
MD all the guys at the shop waited for my reaction of the new bike , they know how I feel about Triumphs at the moment ,
After owning a 98 T509 Speed Triple for 2ys & have it shit all its Big end bearings at 19k then shit its clutch metals & fibres plus springs at 23k then had 2 headgasket leak at 30k- 36k . Oyea then snap 4th gear in half at 180k up a narrow back road at 44k , all together $6000 in just fixing it you may see why I'm not to intersted in any Triumphs at this point in time so hence the neutral write up
Fair enough, you could have got a good second bike for those repair costs. In that case you were very restrained. I would have been interested in how you found it if they could have given you a demo to test ride.
I know the feeling though of being let down by a bike you want to like. I got a Harley once and it seemed to spend more time in the workshop than under my backside. That was then, maybe things are better now. The latest Triumph range just looks so damn good to me.

Sensei
4th May 2005, 23:30
Yea still think it looks great & would try to break anything I could on a Demo ride if iI got the chance :laugh: