PDA

View Full Version : Bucket racer for sale

MsKABC
12th January 2010, 13:14
Due to a change in circumstances, I regretfully offer up "The Banana" for sale. For those new to Auckland bucket racing, The Banana is a Suzuki GS125, which used to be bright yellow (now black, with a snazzy purple tailpiece :blip:), and has been racing at Mt Welly on and off for several years now. Ready to race. Has Dunlop TT90s. Runs well, quite reliable. PM me for further info. Asking $400.

Quasievil
12th January 2010, 13:48
piccies ????

Squiggles
12th January 2010, 13:59
from when dellorto owned it: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/95848-Bucket-for-sale

Trudes
12th January 2010, 14:20
awwwwwwwwww!!! Another chicky bucket racer bites the dust (and not in the fun way!!) That sucks doll, but yep, life goes on, good luck with the sale.
Come on you girls, buy the bucket and have some real fun, the track is where the real fun is to be had!!!

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 14:27
awwwwwwwwww!!! Another chicky bucket racer bites the dust (and not in the fun way!!) That sucks doll, but yep, life goes on, good luck with the sale.
Come on you girls, buy the bucket and have some real fun, the track is where the real fun is to be had!!!

ill get my wife on it for you :D

Trudes
12th January 2010, 15:29
ill get my wife on it for you :D

Excellent!!!!! :niceone:

Kickaha
12th January 2010, 16:59
piccies ????

You stepping up to the premier class?

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 17:08
Anyone seen this bike in action? How does it go versus FXR's etc?

Squiggles
12th January 2010, 17:24

Cleans them up man, all the noobs go and by an fxr so most are at the back of the pack...

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 17:25
Haha. Fair enough. Now how about it versus an experienced rider on a FXR? :p

Squiggles
12th January 2010, 17:28
Haha. Fair enough. Now how about it versus an experienced rider on a FXR? :p

How longs a piece of string? Twice as long as half its length imo

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 17:33
Oh well. You have my PM MsKABC. So if all is good I may have my first bucket :D If not then all good too - will just have to make one

Pumba
12th January 2010, 19:20

Its a good bike. It has good power but the handeling leaves somthing to be desired, although I have riden and seen far worse. More than capable of being towards the pointy end of the B grade, and I would say mid pach A grade with a good rider.

Henk
12th January 2010, 19:46
Pumba

You coulld say that about just almost every bike.

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 19:52
I really just need something to get me started at the moment so not too worried about how hard it goes against them, just interested

woodyracer
12th January 2010, 19:56
it used to be my bike, {my first bucket ever}, its alot slower than a fxr, as its old and the pipe on it has no back pressure, but the bottom end is great, it pop's wheelies easliy in first.

Basicaly it a good starter bike, the best i ever got on it was 10th {out of 24 riders} so mid pack B-grade to front end B-grade is possible. It was very relialbe when i had it.

A steal at $400!!

Pumba
12th January 2010, 20:33
Pumba

You coulld say that about just almost every bike.

Yea I guess you could. Mine I guess was a more descriptive way of saying it is average:laugh:

I really just need something to get me started at the moment so not too worried about how hard it goes against them, just interested

As far as getting out there and getting going then yea I guess it will be right up your ally. And for $400 you cant go wrong in my opinion. Just dont expect to go out and clean up A grade

Scotty595
12th January 2010, 20:38
Yeah definately not plainning on going out and cleaning up A grade (on any bike), would be nice though :p. Will see how it goes.

Buckets4Me
13th January 2010, 12:25
Just dont expect to go out and clean up A grade

expecting to clean up first year in A grade is like expecting to win lotto without a ticket :)

and just to clean up you need to be REALY realy good or win lotto
just ask Tim how often he can beat Karl and Dave and Garry ?

Kickaha
13th January 2010, 13:20
but the handeling leaves somthing to be desired, although I have riden and seen far worse..

Nothing wrong with the frames, the FXR would have a better front end though, put a GSXR250 front end in it and 17 inch wheels and I'd expect to outhandle the FXRs