PDA

View Full Version : Cage v Bike

wkid_one
5th November 2003, 20:48
Well I have an interesting story - whilst driving to Wanganui I was leaving Bulls - hooking in to the left hander up the hill where the passing lane starts.

I could see a Hog Rider bearing down and at about the same time my radar detector went spastic.  I beeped my horn, flashed my lights and waved the rider down out my window to try and warn him coz he was honking along.  The upshot was he just gave me a dirty look and carried on riding past me at 130kph+.

The result

MikeL
5th November 2003, 21:23
Those Horowhenua roads have been heavily patrolled/infested since time immemorial. I had the honour of getting my first speeding ticket just outside of Marton or Foxton or Shannon or whatever the effing town was called way back in the 70s.
Can't remember where exactly but I do remember being impressed by the MOT Mk IV Zephyr. I was fined $15.

BTW Wkid did you just happen to have your camera in your hand as you drove past??

wkid_one
6th November 2003, 06:13
Yep - always have the camera on the seat when I am travelling - like taking photos.  It took the cop about 5 km to catch him - so I had plenty of time to get it ready...actually did a U Turn to get some more photos coz I thought it was quite funny.

inlinefour
17th January 2005, 02:23
Well I have an interesting story - whilst driving to Wanganui I was leaving Bulls - hooking in to the left hander up the hill where the passing lane starts.

I could see a Hog Rider bearing down and at about the same time my radar detector went spastic.  I beeped my horn, flashed my lights and waved the rider down out my window to try and warn him coz he was honking along.  The upshot was he just gave me a dirty look and carried on riding past me at 130kph+.

The result

At least you tried :niceone: