PDA

View Full Version : Mod Rocket Chain problem!

ScarFace
14th January 2010, 15:59
Just got a brand new 2010 Mod Rocket: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Scooters/auction-262828377.htm

Had a few problems starting it for the first time, but got it going in the end.

After its maiden voyage around the block, the next day when I took it I got down the road there was a huge clank. I got it back to my house and I realised the chain came lose, I saw that the left bolt thinggy to tighten/losen the chain had come out of its prong like holder, this holder was bent towards the front, I hammered them straight.

Then after several hours of attempting to fix it, I actually got the chain back on. Took it for a ride round the block, all fine, check it, fine, drove it to mates place, he had a ride, 30meters BANG chain brakes completly.

Had a look at the prong things and again they where bent like before.

HELP.

The guy I bought it off has been really helpful, but theres only so much you can do over phone/email. He is sending me a new chain but what can I do to to solve this problem permanently?

PLEASE HELP

Jantar
14th January 2010, 16:26
It sounds like the rear axle hasn't been tightened properly. This would mean all the force is being directed onto the chain adjuster. Check your axle nut is tight after adjusting your chain.